Camelion NiMH

I hope my batts produce those kind of numbers in a few years.

In a few years....It should not take that long at all. It all depends on the quality of the cells and what harsh environment there in, you already know that overcharging and discharging fully can do to a cell. And dont forget about charging a cell, the higher the voltage the more heat the cells are going to produce.

If that's the case then my batts are going to live forever. ;)

Here you go buddy, breakin has finally completed......

The buttons on the + end are larger than the ones on the Camelions, the smallest of those is the Duraloop and the Camelion one is smaller than that. Another source obviously.

Yes your right after taking a look at the pics.....about to post my results.

Just cycled all 37 of my Eneloops (2 are in a light which is out on loan and one is who knows where) which was tricky as i tried to find what I'd put them in. I got an average of 2111mAh (lowest 2002, highest 2205) capacity after a couple of years' use. I could probably have boosted the numbers some more by trickle charging them for ages, but this is not all that good for the cells - overcharging is the commonest cause of cell death. Their first full cycle gave an average of 2108mAh.

Now those are some good numbers.....you got me wanting to do the same with my 5 year old eneloops.

I'm curious to see what kind of numbers you get from those 5 yr. olds. :glasses:

Dont worry.....going to them in a bit.

That happened to me all the time so I started a new spreadsheet that told me exactly where each individual battery was and when I put it there. I know, I know........I have no life. :bigsmile:

Since even LSDs do lose charge, and lose much of it upfront I decided to discharge the Camelion cells after a week to see how much they'd give me after a week. Two of them are in use just now so the other 6 are being discharged now.

Cool, mine right now are in the battery box kept away from the little one. Waiting til the end of this coming week to post my results, hope your cells dont lose much.

Just waiting for the charger to finish discharging them. I can only get 530mA as a discharge rate so it takes a while. And just after i typed this, they finished. Two of the cells are in use so couldn't be measured.

Here are the numbers:

Discharge amount after left for one week

By the chart it looks like the cells are doing great, they are lsds after all.

I'll probably discharge one a week over an 8 week period to see how they fare. The worst of them being 91% (and this may reflect fullness of previous charge) is encouraging. I suppose I need to set some of them aside for an extended period and then see how much charge they retain.

Thats why mine are put up.....the lovely labeling is wanting me to use them...lol.

:-)

Know the feeling...

I have a Lacrosse BC-900. Is there a way for me to see what the discharge amount is? There is an option for "DISCHARGE" but once it finishes discharging, it recharges the battery.

You might just have to keep a close watch on the cells......does the charger let the cells rest first before it starts to charge.