Charge 3 AAA in adapter with Li-Ion 3.7V charger

Nice-looking axes, my brother.

Gallien Krueger and Hartke, too. Not too shabby!

It’s hard to remember exactly which guitarists got me started. There were so many of them, in a huge range of styles; but four bassists who I think are incredible are Stanley Clarke, John Patitucci, Jaco Pastorius, and Victor Wooten - not in that particular order of preference.

My (down to) four instruments are, Annie (Alvarez AD-CK60 Koa acoustic); Donel (Black Takamine EF381SC Sruce 12-string with Furman pickup installed later; Rose (2005 Feneer Precision Bass, and the oldest - Lya, the ’96 Strat.

Here is an EDC Thread I started a while back, with tons of instrument and equipment photos, and discussion with lots of other musicians

I had to rebuild all the picture links, since I’m no longer with Photobucket, but now Imgur.

charging nimh 3s on a li charger will leave them undercharged.ni want to hit around 1.5v/cell to get full.li charger only gets to 4.2v.
in 3p with them detected as ni would be best.
in the future i would look at modding your 3aaa lights to 18500 or 18650.
1 cell is easier to deal with than 3 when you have the limitation of a single cell charger.

I doubt it will cause explosions: Eneloop D cell Batteries - #5 by totilde

If you go for parallel charging, ideally use a new pack of matched cells. IIRC, the problem with parallel charging is that because of the negative dV/dt, the first cell to reach full charge ends up getting more charge current than the others. You can avoid that if you stop charging a bit early.

Or you could go with serial charging, like packs do. Most cordless phones use 2-3 AAA cells in series and work for years without problems. You’ll be fine for a few weeks, although you might have slightly undercharged cells.

What are your general thoughts on the Dragon? Would you recommend it? Why did it need repairs?

Also looking at the new Nitecore SC4…