Closed Official Haikelite MT09R *UPDATE Now including TA's Pricing for Emitter Upgrades* Closed

I would have asked before terry, now I will complain some further. I realy dont think that opening a paypal case is the right way to answer shipping delays and not answered emails. If you buy in china, you have to wait, sometimes a long time, till something arrives.
And you have to know more about the country before you judge about these holidays or the not responding Dale. Most people in china live in their small factory apartment over the year and only travel at CNY to their families, mostly to their children, parents, …. Its a realy long term holiday, buts mostly the only holiday they have over the year.

Paypal gives you 6 months buyers protection, there is enough time, not to open hurried a case. After you have opened a case, you have only one month do find a solution. If a case is closed, you do not have the chance to open a new case. So please be carefull and patient with paypal cases.

I can agree it seems weird some of you still has the “item is at shippers warehouse” I thought all packages was sent more or less out on the same day before the holidays there started ? It must have been some really bad luck for some packages then that didnt actually go out before holidays kicked in, i know it sucks but dont do the paypal dispute yet there is no hurry in that as paypal has 6months for the buyer, give Dale a chance too see whats up with your actual packages and then decide what he offers as a solution. Like Terry said holidays there is crazy but they honor their holidays and everything is shutdown for over 2-3weeks thats how it is over there.

I think, the Major fault is to doing this Groupby shortly in front of the chinese new year celebration.

No kidding, right?!?
I only have experience with celebrating New Years in the US, but I now have this image in my head - much like the revelers here counting down New Years Eve, “ten! Nine! Eight!..” etc., I now have this image of a billion Chinese factory workers sitting around and counting down their New Years celebration -

“Ten million nine hundred and ninety nine thousand nine hundred and ninety NINE! Ten million nine hundred and ninety nine thousand nine hundred and ninety EIGHT!!…”
:slight_smile:

Next time someone talks about the poor working conditions of some Chinese factories, I can respond with “yes, but apparently, they get about six weeks vacation to celebrate New Year’s…”

My cousin who went to work a few years in China told me the same thing. Many Chinese work far, far away from home. CNY is the only time in the year they get to go back to see and spend time with their family/friends/relatives. So guys, please have some understanding and don’t do the paypal thing just yet.

The MT09R with 4 genuine VTC6 batteries really is dirt cheap already and I can’t imagine they make anything more than hair thin profit on the GB prices. So have some patience. For me, I didn’t even get tracking at all but my lights just appeared and I am very pleased with their performance.

I think so yeah it would been better either 1 month before or after the holidays, on the next one they should do that.

Let me make sure I have this right. We have a large GB that started with some fanfare about the companies substantial improvements in quality control and customer service. At the end of the GB we still had no productions examples of the XHP35HI, so I requested that GB be extended and was told in no uncertain terms that this couldn’t be done because all packages were to be shipped before CNY. Shortly thereafter we start hearing of major issues with XHP35HI. Then reports of people with no tracking info and tracking info that clearly states packages never left China start filtering in, along with more reports of defective lights of both versions. During this time we know Dale was informed as Terry posted several times about having spoken with him. I’m sorry, but given the combination of defective merchandise and failure to meet shipping expectations, who really thinks a 3-4 week holiday is a good reason to apparently do nothing whatsoever to rectify problems? That’s how it appears to us - a simple email to us, hell, even a post to the group would’ve gone a long way to help keep faith. Try and imagine a company that you were responsible for had just sent out many defective products and had simply failed to even ship out many others, that you had numerous emails/messages from disturbed customers hungry for information. Now imagine saying to yourself, “no need to respond to any of this, all this can wait, I have a 3 week holiday.” Do you really think THIS can be attributed to cultural differences? This looks like corporate suicide.

Flat out not true;

Where are the reviews of the 70.2 not meeting spec’s?
My two lights work spectacularly.

Not getting notifications of lights been mailed does not mean the lights not been mailed.

Holidays interfere with deliveries just like storms and other events, is called living in the real world.

He was upfront about the upcoming holidays if you didn’t wanna deal with the holidays you should not purchased the light. This happens every Chinese new year. Is known as an annual event.

Not some group buy conspiracy.

Do issue issues need to be addressed, absolutely.

Till we get full reviews by independent people I don’t see raising the flag of war as being helpful.

Business cultural differences, yes. I am familiar with the chinese business model - knowing about it may help to understand how this happens (though it won’t make you any happier)

Those of us over 35 or so remember when we use to joke about the sticker found on some products, “Made in China”. This became universally known in the US as something that was cheaply made, wouldn’t work well, and would break before too long, lol. While that is certainly giving Chinese manufacturers a hard time, it was based on reality, in large part because of the business model, which is simply based on the culture.

China has had over a billion people since almost 4 decades ago. The median income for a chinese family would be considered below the “poverty level” in the US. In other words, not a lot of money to spend. Competition for that small amount of Yen is fierce, and manufacturers are constantly striving to stay ahead of the curve and sell their product.

However, the method in doing that is very different from the US - here, a product maker often tries to have the BEST product on the market, hoping that reputation and track record will equal sales and profit. China, like many Asian cultures, is very fast moving, and more importantly very trend-conscious. Cultural trends in fashion, hobbies, restaurants, entertainment come and go with amazing speed (think Fidgit Spinners, Pokemon Go, etc). As a manufacturer, your task is to stay ahead of the trend wave, getting a product market as quickly and cost effectively as possible. If you are lucky, you will catch that wave and ride it till it fizzles shortly thereafter. However, before the wave fades, you must be on to the next product to stay afloat. So the idea is NOT to spend time and develop a great product, but to get it on the market as quickly as possible, sell a million units, then invest that into the next “wave”. It exhaust me just to think about it!

The implications for buyers are obvious -

• Products are rushed to market before their time, with huge promotional efforts (and often inflated claims).
  • Products are often hastily made, with the cheapest products available, and the techn ology may not be completely refined
  • Once its produced and sales happen, the manufacturer has “moved on” to the next rush-to-market product, basically ignoring “the past”.
  • After-sales “care” and “service” are almost non-existent terms in this environment - they simply don’t have room in their culturally adjusted business model to offer it.

The Chinese population is used to this. They understand their product may have been a flash in the pan, may have been rushed to market, and may break. But, “it is what it is”, and they are on to the next thing anyway.
This culture is paying dividends in the technological age - the drive to innovate and get something “new” out before anyone else has caused china to become, as of this year, the largest producer of new technology on the planet, which is awesome, especially for them!

The downside? All that new tech coming out, with all the fanfare and hoopla, will still arrive with a “Made in China” sticker on it…

Of course, their are individuals and manufacturers in China that are the exception to the rule. Nothing is ever 100% the case, and as China’s status in the world economy changes, hopefully so to will this “rush an inferior product to market” mentality.
Is Haikelite one of the “newer mentality” companies? Remains to be seen. When I saw the hype for the prototype SC26 start up IN THE GROUP BUY THREAD for a “new” product (the MT09R) before that light was even delivered, I said to myself, “uh oh…”.

>> Where are the reviews of the 70.2 not meeting spec’s?

try rereading, I never said that.

>> Not getting notifications of lights been mailed does not mean the lights not been mailed.

True, but sometimes it does mean that.
My package entered system on 2/6. Since that time carrier’s own system has said they never received package. USPS (who takes over once package hits USA) shows that package has yet to enter their system. You do the math.

I just got my 70.2 NW version and my light if the tail cap screwed too tight won’t turn on just blink once. What is more if the light is off and the batteries are inside the light, the leds are still a little lit.

In this picture the flash light is completely off

Edit: This happens either on VTC6 button top or 30Q button top

Pretty good chance that is going to be a driver issue. It has come up on only a handful of the 70,2 versions and honestly I have not been able to trace it to the exact issue.

Please email Dale and he will go let you know how he will get it taken of for you... haikelite@yeah.net

Done. Email sent

Hey guys,

I have worked non-stop for 6 weeks. My wife has called a family night, so I will probably not be logged for at least the rest of tonight. Honestly, I have too much work left to take any longer than an evening.

I did however want to share something I found while testing some of my own stock.

I was testing some of the MTO9R 70.2 versions to add them to inventory and I noticed the light flickering or when you try to turn it on all you get is a little flash then nothing.

If your light is doing this begin loosening the tail cap about an 8th of a turn at a time, then try turning the light on again. You may have to do this several times to get it just right.

What I found that is happening is the 2 poles that fit into the holes in the bottom of the battery tube.

These do a lot more than just help line up the tail cap. But if it is too tight the solder joint on the bottom of those poles is hitting the tail cap and grounding out.

If you take that screw out (and no this will not void your warranty) you will see that under the board there is a small grove that is machined out to allow for clearance for that solder joint.

Well if the cells being used are a but longer or if you just tighten it too tight it presses down on that board to the point that those solder joints touch the tail cap and the light will not work.

I cut out a round piece of plastic and put it in the bottom of the tail cap then put the screw back in and this time I tightened it down as tight as it would go and the light worked perfectly.

When I talk to Dale on the phone next, I will bring this to his attention.

This hobby has never failed to amaze me at how sometimes the most simple things get overlooked.

My dad use to always tell me if the car will not start first thing to check is see if you have gas in it. He was right…

I did not come across any of the 35 high units with this issue but if any of them are doing the thing then chances are it is the same issue.

So for anyone that is having this issue please give this a try and when I log back in I really hope to see that this has helped several of you that I know have had this issue.

I will be back on tomorrow and I hope to see that this has helped some of you.

Thanks for all of the support you guys have been…

Funny, those of us TWICE that age remember a time when there were NO “Made (or Hencho) in China” stickers because Chinese imports were banned, until Richard Nixon opened Pandora’s box.

I can remember freaking out when running across a “Made in China Store” on a visit to uber multinational Montreal in the ’70s. There certainly wasn’t any tech stuff among that crap, and I brought back a bunch of it to show my friends and ROFL. Today we have “Made in USA Stores”, go figure.

I also remember watching their rapid progress over the years, and finally felt comfortable enough with their tech reputation to buy a digital SMARTLEVEL in the “90s, and I’m still using it. Now there are more days than not that I have stuff in transit from someplace like Banggood, but still prefer dealing with ”local” stocking/servicing dealers/distributors, so I really hope this new setup works out.

Funny, but I’ve seen exactly that in high-school.

After school, something was going on in the gym, it’s 4-5 or so in the afternoon, and one of the teachers is trying to go home, but his car wouldn’t start. Would crank, just not “catch”.

A bunch of us got volunteered to help, and we tried to do a rolling-start, pushing it back’n’forth in the parking lot. After something like a half-hour of big fat nothing, he realised he was out of gas. :person_facepalming:

Shenzhen is the technology and manufacturing hub. Prior to 1980 Shenzhen had a population of 30,000 people. Today, 38yrs later, the population is 11,025,000

I finally got an e-mail from Dale, my shipment did get caught in the HK warehouse for the duration of the Chinese new year. He offered to resend it or give me a refund.

I hope the rest of you with issues will hear from him soon, so you also can find a solution.

Thanks Dale & Terry

My MT09R 70.2 WW arrived 2/28. No manufacturing defects found. Ramping mode seems kludgy after Narsil, I switched to mode group 5. It would be nice if there was a configuration option for mode memory.

Gotta love the double-click!