Closed Official Haikelite MT09R *UPDATE Now including TA's Pricing for Emitter Upgrades* Closed

ok at first i kind of doubt it because MT03 and MT07 are using the same rotating board and i found no problem with it but then i tried rotating the board and exert some pressure as you suggested and it produces the same resistance that i felt while rotating the tailcap. so i removed the tail-cap and add some silicon grease and now it is almost as smooth as my other Haikelites. not sure why this happens in MT09R not in my MT03 since they are using the same mechanism and i just checked that my MT03 is also not greased so i add one too.

Thanks for the tip. :+1:

Yes the reflector is a bit sharp but its really not a problem, rest of inside looks clean, nice and nothing that affects performany anyways. On my reflector it looks a bit better then yours rizky…

@rizky, that first picture not sure i can agree tho on the sharp part, it doesnt feel sharp to me same like on my convoy l6 more or less? not like im gonna get hurt on that…

Received refund.

Today I got my first tracking result from the GroupBuy MT09R: Jinhua City, Yiwu City Department of Happiness business department has received (Lan investment name: Hu Xiao, …
It was still in china over the CNY

I just did a thermal test on three lights:

1) green 70.2, 30Q 4.20V
2) khaki 70.2, 30Q 4.20V
3) Noctigon M43, VTC6 @ 4.20V

The Noctigon’s thermal roof is set at 50C/122F. After about 1.5 minute it starts to ramp down (light blinks). The exterior temperature is then 40C/104F due to thermal lag, meaning the temperature inside the light on the driver is higher. Throughout the minutes the exterior temperature reaches a steady state temperature of just under 50C/122F, which is exactly what the light was designed for. Test stopped at 15 minute mark.

The two Haikelite MT09R 70.2 versions do step down, but as reported elsewhere the step down is little and output remains sufficiently high for the temperature to further increase. After 15 minutes I ended the test and both lights showed a temperature of slightly under 100C/212F.

[video:]Title - YouTube

Notice that at 1 minute and 58 seconds, the M43 blinks and backlit button changes from solid blue to alternating blue/red. This means it starts stepping down.

Edit: the light reaching 100C is also posted before by another member: Closed Official Haikelite MT09R *UPDATE Now including TA's Pricing for Emitter Upgrades* Closed - #994 by Winston_Wulf

This is dangerously if you ask me, everyone, not just us experienced users/geeks can buy those lights.

Any insight to this topic Terry or Dale? How do your lights behave Terry regarding thermal protection? Thanks!

It is doubly worrying: first, that you can boil water with this ‘protection’. Second, that their QA process didn’t catch something like this. It makes you wonder what their QA process did catch.

100C is just crazy… damn…. :open_mouth: u are even more crazy that let it get that hot lol… does the light work now ? stepdown on the xhp70 should be to 3000 lumens or so otherwise the temps will just rise and not go down quick enough and keeping it on and temps rise is just a big risk damage inside of the light and maybe yourself…

The light was crispy hot, and seems to be functioning normally now it’s cooled off. I should recharge batteries and re-check max output again to see if things have changed. Normally I would never do such thing, but I made an exception to see what the thermal management does (or doesn’t).

Video added:

[video:]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRKYb0kYQBk[/video]

Notice that at 1 minute and 58 seconds, the M43 blinks and backlit button changes from solid blue to alternating blue/red. This means it starts stepping down.

Edit: the light reaching 100C is also posted before by another member: Closed Official Haikelite MT09R *UPDATE Now including TA's Pricing for Emitter Upgrades* Closed - #994 by Winston_Wulf

Thanks hikar. Your temp are very similar to mine. I only run 7 minutes… the lumen will step down gradually between 1-3 minutes, then after 3 minutes ( over 50 % drop)…

how can this be fixed???

Maybe they can send an updated driver along with the “Charging Unit”, lol.
Actually, at this point I’m not sure we will ever see the charging unit we paid for - more likely a refund. I don’t know how they could afford to send a $10 product overseas shipping, not to mention the boxing and labeling labor. When I heard that the charging unit wasn’t going to make the initial shipment, I went “uh oh…”

Then again, I may be completely wrong and it shows up in our mailboxes one day. I’d like to remain optimistic.

hIKARInoob, thanks for the thermal test. That is the craziest test I have seen this year. :beer: Cheers. :sunglasses:

The Emisar D4 gets up to 101C or 215ºF on the outside of the light if you put the battery in backwards by accident. Reverse Polarity doesn’t work and all the heat is coming from the 18650 battery, not the emitters. (the emitters are off) No telling what the battery temp is, but it has to be getting close to venting or thermal runaway. https://youtu.be/M-iQiqlQBtE

That is another crazy test, but seems to be testing on batteries. Not very useful test, but some might be interested to see what will happen.
While hIKARInoob’s test is on the functionality of MT09R in extreme usecase. Batteries should be hot, but not the hottest part.
If there is a chart showing lux output % vs temperature and time, then it will be more complete test result.

Yeah that’s one crazy test hIKARInoob

im abit concern the batteries can explode with extreme temp?

>> If there is a chart showing lux output % vs temperature and time, then it will be more complete test result.

Closed Official Haikelite MT09R *UPDATE Now including TA's Pricing for Emitter Upgrades* Closed - #1328 by Nicolicous (reported in celsius)

Oops, second link doesn’t chart output. Point is, numerous reports of these things getting dangerously hot in short time, claimed thermal management is defective. Don’t expect to be able to run one at even half output unattended for more than a few minutes.

Looks like MT09R might be available via banggood after all.

hm the lack of correct communication between HL and us here isnt the best really, first we were told thse lights wont be selling on BG, now they are up there…. and still zero info on that so called charger people are waiting for, and all issues with lights etc, how are they gonna deal with that?