Code now public! BLF A6 FET+7135 Light. Short 18350 tubes and Unanodized Lights Available

This has to be one of the most exciting custom products that I’ve been fortunate enough to be there for. Thanks for all the effort!

I have a Thrunite Ti3 which is specced for firefly mode at 0.04 lumens by the manufacturer and 0.02 lumens by selfbuilt. With my Ti3 it’s very low, but very much usable and useful in a very dark environment when only a minimum amount of light is desired. I can easily use it to walk around a pitch black house for example without waking anyone else up.

Samples of this A6 have been estimated at 0.3lm-0.7lm on moon. Do you think this is a case of difference in perception/preference or estimated lumens? Does anyone with a sample also have a Ti3 by chance?

Is the turbo stepdown something that could be toggled via software/hardware? In any case I’m confident that you good people spearheading this creation will make the right call.

It’s very difficult to get lumen levels all the same at this low of a level.

Please see the ‘other forum’ for what selfbuilt has to say on this:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?376058

Thanks,

-Chuck

Not going to happen with EE. As much as I like EE we have to remember that they do NOT make anything...like many/most of the budget manufacturers.

That does not mean it is out of the question to get something from somewhere but someone needs to start a separate thread to see how many people would actually commit to a short tube option. A quantity of 50 or 100 is not going to be worth anybody's time on the manufacturing side.

I have a Thrunite Archer 1A V2 which specs firefly @ .06 lumens. So, similar to the custom A6. Very useful IMHO. It's only for dark-adjusted eyes of course, but when they're adjusted this is plenty of light to navigate around, without turning on a brighter light that hurts one's eyes, and causes loss of night vision. No problem telling if it's on - it IS necessary to look at the LED if not in a darkened area. YMMV.

Thanks for your clarification.

I’d still be interested if the A6 and X6 tailcaps and tubes are interchangeable…

Bugsy,

What budget manufacturers do roll their own lights? - Does Convoy?

I strongly suspect that Thrunite does not make their own lights. - Some of them look like they came straight from the hand of O’light, whoever They may be.

Thank you,

-Chuck

I think usability of moon level is a very subjective decision, both dependent on preference and eyesight (or lack there of :wink: )

I have an S6 with a DD XP-L, and I think when TK does her tests that she will find 60sec turbo timer is very doable, maybe even 90sec before the light gets way too hot.

Can't say about Thrunite but Simon does not make his own host. He gets the host and adds a driver and a LED.

Thank you Bugsy,

-Chuck

Thanks to ToyKeeper for the details of what is a great little driver board.

There is only one bad thing about this; when we have our lights this threads great discussions and updates will decrease. :slight_smile:

Thanks to all participants.

How is testing going? Are we close to get runtimes on the different modes? And which battery is recommended for this flashlight? Keeppower, Panasonics, UF flames?

/Ievel

I like 60 seconds

Runtimes will vary with battery used AND the amount of draw that battery allows. It would be easier to look at Dale's charts and calculate from there.

I’m afraid it won’t fit, the program room is full and tightly packed in. TK said there is only a couple bytes left.

… and that was before she somehow pulled a rabbit out of her hat and added the memory/no memory toggle.

That was one big rabbit. I would not ask her to do that again :)

Samples just showed up. I don’t have results yet, but I can at least say already that the moon mode is too low.

With a 25R cell at 3.86V, moon mode was below my light box’s ability to measure, so 0.02lm or lower. It made my L3 Illumination L10 (0.09 lm) and Zebralight SC52 (0.11 lm) look bright. But I’ll find out more soon when I hook it up to an adjustable power supply and DMM for some better measurements and experiments.

After I have everything re-calibrated I’ll send EE new firmware tailored to their version of the driver.

Did you hear that Dale????? even TK said the moon was too low. LOL (just teasing ya kiddo :))

Yes they are.

and where can I buy this clip?