Code now public! BLF A6 FET+7135 Light. Short 18350 tubes and Unanodized Lights Available

How about an additional hidden mode with always-on turbo? It could be behind the bike strobe for example.

It’s a X6 body with a A6 head and tail. The clip comes on the X6

WHAAAAT!!! I never thought that I would see this but here we have it :smiley:

If you think that the moon mode is too low then it definitely is :wink:

I cannot wait for this light!!! :party:

Even with a fresh-off-the-charger cell, moon is still too low to register on my light box. It’s about the same as the “0.06 lm” mode on a Zebralight SC52, which is actually about 0.01 lm according to selfbuilt. (If I use my other lumen-measuring tool, mine also says 0.01.)

So, it’s bright enough to count as a “firefly” mode or locator glow, but not bright enough to really see anything more than a few inches away. I’ve had GitD tail caps brighter than this.

Anyway, when I’m all done measuring I’ll see what I can do to fix it and get it into the desired 0.20 to 0.50 lumen range.

As for the other modes, what I’m seeing is (with a full 25R cell, at 4.18V, at start instead of 30 seconds) is:

• Mode group 1:
    • 1: 0.01 lm (should be ~0.30 lm)
    • 2: 7.95 lm
    • 3: 58.6 lm
    • 4: 184 lm
    • 5: 429 lm
    • 6: 803 lm
    • 7: 1379 lm
  • Mode group 2:
    • 1: 7.95 lm
    • 2: 121 lm
    • 3: 533 lm
    • 4: 1379 lm

This was an unmodded light using a Samsung 25R cell, so it should be brighter with spring bypasses and a hotter battery.

I also tried earlier with the cell at about 3.85V (about ~60% charged) and got 1100 lumens. The highest mode will decline with voltage, but it should stay over 1000 lumens for quite a bit of its life. If you want an idea how it behaves in unfavorable circumstances, I tried a weak cell with much of its charge already depleted — 816 lumens from an old Panasonic 3100mAh low-amperage protected cell at 3.65V. So even limping along with a low charge on a weak battery, it’s still about on par with a car headlight.

I’m not a fan of moon mode but the range of modes is enough to satisfy everyone. I’m most interested in the high modes. This is clearly going to be a pocket rocket. Possibly the best GB so far. great work guys

Any sample/pics of the “BLF” printing yet?

Nice! Thank you Joat.

I’m interested as well. I was hoping the engraving would look more like it belonged on an Eagle Eye(the italicized printing and the font).

The 18350 A6/X6 body, is a really good idea :slight_smile:

Please someone of our members that do spacers & pill GB’s, do a run of this :wink: i want 2 at least.

Another great addon for the platform, would be a 2 battery body, so we can use a 6v led or RMM’s new 5-6A buck driver :wink:

I bet it would fit the F30 and F35 as well…

With all the sold X6’s and the A6’s that will be sold, there is a huge number of potential buyers for a short tube…

ssshhhh! Or the moon’s mode mafia will kick your a**s :wink:
O,02 lm Omg!!

I’ve a Maglite “Solitaire” (1xAAA/not led), and it’s claims 2 lumens…very very very low power, but in a dark room is enough to see if the children are sleeping. 2 Lumens…I really don’t know what will be a 0,5 lm firefly mode. I’m very curious, really :bigsmile:

Those are some really awesome numbers :smiley:

I’m sure you’ll be able to work it out, and if you’re happy with it then I’m definitely satisfied as well :wink:

After spring bypasses and using hottest battery on the market will I be able to actually spot the difference in output with my eyes compared to the “standard” 1379 lm?

Not really. Even compared to a standard 700lm XM-L light we already had three years ago it does not look that much brighter.

(but that is not the point for a flashaholic :bigsmile: : it is brighter than we had before, therefore it is desirable, and the excellent UI plus efficient low modes makes it exceptional)

for the clip would be cool if its like nitecore clips design you jsut can change them upside down …

but overall looks good so far i guess for the clicky orgy i will always need a user manual if i dont use this light daily

Please add 1 CW and 1 NW for me.
Thanks.

So which battery(ies) do you guys think will be best performers for maximum lumens from this little pocket rocket?

I’d go for LG HE4

Or LG HE2, or efest purple, or Sony VCT

for barely lower performance you can use Samsung 20R/25R, Or Panasonic BD or LG MH.

There are many options.

I seem to be getting a bit more out of the Efest 35A, but the HE2/HE4 cells are very close.