【convoy】H4 and B35AM options are updated

Funny, I got a huge collection of plain non-coated lenses from swapping them for AR coated, UCL, and UCLp lenses over the years.

Well id30209, the article specifically mentions “alcohol” as the soaking agent. Still, the anti reflective coating in eyeglasses may be different.

However, isn't it easier to buy an uncoated lens? My guess is Simon isn't selling them, does it?

I don't really know what the size of the M21C lens is, but maybe something like this? Carefully measure the lens first, it is veeery likely you'll be able to find a replacement somewhere.

:+1:

I have a M26C… it measured 50.8*2mm but the inside of the flashlight measures 51.1mm.

I just put a flat white 2mm in the convoy z1. The aluminium gasket that is around the led is very secure in its place to say at least. You need a normal gasket for 7mm hole if you swap leds. Focus is very good with this led. sst40 is to big for a zoom light I think.

@simon the were no screws holding the led down to the pill. Is this a mistake by factory or did you choose not to use any?

Well, these are good news for id30209 too, M21C uses the same lens as the M26C (reported diameter up there is 50.9mm).

In eyeglasses anti-reflective coatings have a good reason to be. In a flashlight, though, the drawbacks of anti-reflective coated lenses by far outweigh the nearly non existent gains. Paradoxical, but true.

The gasket centers it and puts enough pressure on it probably. If you screw MCPCB down and the alignment is off even a little the AL gasket wont seat.

Yeah its pushed down enough so im not worried about heat. you’re probably right about centering.

Hello Simon,

Please tell me, do you plan to release a refreshed version of S11 with XHP50.2? I think about something around 3000lm and better firmware with more modes. Will be great flashlight. Thank you!

Welcome BetaTester. Is it the 3A driver with 4 modes only?

That is not a screw hole, there is no thread inside,

use more current for XHP50.2?

You’d need to drive that xhp50.2 harder than the boost driver in the S11 can. You need a 3v version and a fet driver to get 3000lm out of it, and a pretty fast stepdown.

[sample] holster / cover for convoy 4X18A / L2 / L6 / L21A

Nice!

Just suggesting, though, instead of big wide strap in back, maybe 2 skinny straps for MOLLE compatibility?

Then they can be affixed to belts, backpacks, anything. More flexible.

Please MR Simon can develope small smooth AAA clicky light with firefly mode and customizable Leds? It will be very usefull

On the flashlight forum in China, I saw a post in which a player showed the aaa flashlight on his keychain. Some people responded, why spend so much money on such a small flashlight? Can’t I use the flashlight in my phone?

I have same problem, 10 clicks seems too few.

Clicking on flashlight’s switch is fun and pleasant. Just like playing with fidget clicker.

:???:

For people to know what is good and bad, they must request the creative force in them to discern between good and evil. Most people don't know or can't discern what is good or bad for them and those around them, much less for Creation

I usually carry a Sofirn C01S in my pocket. Of course I also have a smartphone, but I find it a lot less practical as a flashlight, namely nowadays with the absolutely demential and absurd trend to make smartphones so big and disproportionate. They are making them insanely tall/long, and now bezel-less with screen corvering all front surface? It's straight insane and stupid. I honestly respect but hate nearly all modern smartphones. Give me a smartphone with a 4:3 or 16:10 screen ratio, with slight bezels so I can put my fingers on the sides without touching the screen. I don't care about extremely high screen to body ratios or elongated 20:9 screens, that is simply @#$% wrong. Let the speaker, fingerprint sensor and other stuff at the front where they are supposed to be… Oh! Of course I would love to see slightly smaller smartphones again, too.

Where I work, even the guys in IT, who routinely have to poke through cables behind computers and under desks, and sling cables up through drop-ceilings, don’t have actual flashlights but use their phones instead. :person_facepalming:

Kind of similar situation with people at my workplace.
They sometimes borrow my flashlight for very tight spot where phone light can’t be used. To me it’s strange that somehow they just don’t want to accept the fact how good and EXTREMELY useful a REAL flashlight is. It seems like some sort of ignorance.

Recently some guys purchased the-el-cheapo-horrible-bluish-tint-stupid-UI flashlight, yeah horrible but even that is still better than the cumbersome smartphone for flashlight function.

Everyone needs a REAL flashlight, unfortunately not everyone accepts that fact.