【convoy】H4 and B35AM options are updated

Thanks a lot.

Just saw your post. Can’t really say for SST40, but I have tried the 10 degree clear optic with LH351D and SST20 and the beams of both were quite horrible. There were a lot of artifacts or something, they weren’t smoothly centred. I believe the throws were quite comparable to using reflector. Beaded or frosted optic might be a better choice. If getting a 10 degree lens costs you nothing then I can’t really say it, but I would suggest using reflector for throw.

However, both LH351D and SST20 perform beautifully under 25 and 60 degree beaded lenses, so I assume the result with 45 degree beaded lens would be great (flood).

Thanks.
I have ordered SST40 with 45 TIR and when it come, I will post beamshot.

Simon, can you make the S21B and M21B with forward clicky tail switches?

And does your 12 group driver work with forward clicky switches?

Thank you.

The forward switch is not popular, so I only use the reverse switch now.
The forward switch can replace the 1288 switch, but the first two models are not the 1288 switch.

So to clarify, the S21B and M21B do NOT use the 1288 switch and therefore cannot be replaced by a forward switch, right?

I have a M21A with a forward switch. Is this a different size?

I’ve tried the Convoy S2+ SST40 with 45-degree and 60-degree TIR optic. Haven’t tested the 10-degree optic on the S2+ SST40 yet though…

all beamshots taken at highest brightness level, with the same camera settings (shutter speed: 1/10th second ; ISO: 800 ; aperture: f/2.8 ; white-balance: “daylight”)
flashlight is approximately 18 meters or 60 feet distant from the wall on the opposite end:

Convoy S2+ SST40 (default reflector)

Convoy S2+ SST40 (45-degree TIR optic)

Convoy S2+ SST40 (60-degree TIR optic)

Thanks for beamshots.

That should be the first batch.

Yes, from the first batch… Can I buy the forward switch from the first batch?

Sorry, there is only reverse switch now.

After 2 weeks of using S21B i must say i’m impressed. I like the build quality and the output of CULPM1.TG. Great job Simin.

On the other hand i have a question for all XHP35 driver/host users.

Does your XHP35 flashlight switch whines on 100% mode?

Since i install this driver in M21C paired eith GT-FC40 emitter it’s whining whenever i hit MAX output.
I’ve tried with S12 switch also and got the same result. I guess the switch cannot handle 9A draw (at tail) unlike white lighted switch i’m having in other hosts with 12A draw...

All my Z1 model squeak when adjusting the focus :frowning: had to spend around 15min each taking it apart to lubricate. one is fine but my whole order, not so much.

Some didn’t squeak to start with but started after a little bit of time.

I don’t think they’re supposed to be lubed, are they? Exposed lubed threads would just collect dust’n’dirt.

There’s no grease on the tube which is exposed and there’s an oring in front of the threads. I’m not sure but I definitely can’t sell them squeaking so badly. Moving the head slowly is okay most of the time, but do it faster and it’s terrible.

Not so sure I’ll restock this model. I love zoomies but this isn’t ideal

If I run my finger around the inner thread it’s rough in places which could be the cause

Can you tell me where can I find on Aliexpress TIR optic for H1 and can I change reflector with TIR easy?
Thanks.

Some o-ring sizes are not suitable,
Do you need some new o-rings,
I can ship it to you.

Bump...

Thank you but you already sent some spares with my last order. It looks like the Z1 units shipped with the same size o ring and they still were squeaking. I applied lube to the inner thread and it fixed it. Same sound when unscrewing a tail cap with no lubricant.

My M21C-U review is posted, check it if you…want