Convoy L2...Guess who's back???

There is a good chance that “very very small hole” happened because of the above chain of events. :frowning:

Do you know if is possible increase turbo mod of driver Fet, more than 30 seconds? Because my flashlight is still cold after 30 seconds of turbo…

Yes.
But remember there’s always 2 sides to a coin. If your light is still “cold” it may very well mean you do not have a good thermal path and the heat isn’t getting into the light efficiently to begin with.

Edit: If you are using Bistro firmware on the FET+1 driver you can change the timing on thermal step down from the configuration menu at level 7. Choose the 7th level, wait for the medium output level to shift to High then wait for the heat to climb to a level you’re comfortable with, turn it off. OR, while it’s in the medium output level you can turn it off and thereby disengage the thermal step down altogether.

If it’s not Bistro the program would have to be re-written and re-flashed into the MCU.

no, isn’t the Bistro FET+1… i think it dont become hot because 30 seconds are not enough… i dont like i lost turbo while i’m try to find something in the night… i think next time i’ll buy custom driver fet, with maybe 120 sec turbo and firt start in turbo as well!

Up above, in post #1414, you state that it has an FET+1 driver. I was going on that, without knowing what firmware it has on it.

Bistro will let you select L-H or H-L operation at will. :wink: You can also enable or disable moon at will. And last mode memory, on/off, at will. And of course, the programmable thermal step down instead of a timer. Bistro has a LOT going for it!

i have this one, no way to increase turbo duration…

but i read that i can solder pin 3 to have a memory on, maybe this could be better to start in turbo if it is the last level i used, because now to go on turbo i start with low and then 1,5 sec press to go on turbo, and this is not so fast if i need light istantly

Soldering pin 3 is not necessary.

Turn it on, half press it 16 times or until it stops responding (in other words bump through the modes 16 times or until it stops advancing when you bump it), then wait through the first blink, turn it off at the second blink. That will engage last mode memory. Repeat the process to turn it off. If you turn it off at the first click it will change between 7 modes and 4 modes. :wink:

Oh thank you! :smiley: I knew about this setting for change to 7 modes to 4, but I did’t know I can also change memory on/off with this, now it works perfectly!
The only strange thing is that my l2 don’t be hot, just a bit after 3 times of turbo, about 120 seconds,maybe still resistance somewhere and not enough power to led…
Thore are all my works:
This is the driver Fet 17mm with 20 to 17mm adapter ring, I put 3 solder point to close the contact with the ring
Imgur
I solder bypass in the driver and tailcap’s springs
Imgur
And this is the xpl hi on noctigon

Maybe the 24awg leads are too small to this mod… Or is just my sickness? And the flashlight is OK… :smiley: :smiley:

For max power I tend to use 18ga wires, no less than 20ga.

I haven’t looked back through the posts but have you seen the clear C8 at Simon’s shop? Picked one up today, has a new UI

JDub started a thread on it, yeah it’s a sweet looking C8 for sure. Gonna have to pick up a couple…

This one?
https://m.it.aliexpress.com/item/826040641.html?trace=wwwdetail2mobilesitedetail&productId=826040641&productSubject=Convoy-c8-strong-light-flashlight-cree-xml-u2-t6-torchy&spm=2114.010208.3.1.5PkIwi&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_10,searchweb201602_5_10057_10056_10065_10068_10055_10054_10069_10059_10058_10073_10017_10070_10060_10061_10052_10062_10053_10050_10051,searchweb201603_4&btsid=e0413d5d-d7b1-461f-9182-b58d06ba3fe5

No this one, clear c8

Edit: Sorry you’ll have to change to your preferred language, I linked to other than English.

Anyone know where JDubs new thread is for this C8 Clear, I looked at the OP but this is a L2 thread so I have no idea where or how to look for a specific thread, scanned the categories page but didn’t see anything…

HERE it is.

Just use the search bar: “clear c8”

It’s the first result

Thank you

finally new reflector arrived, i put on it Kapton tape as DB Custom said me to do

finally my L2 is complete! i got 228.000lux/1m today with the new reflector, im very satisfied about it!

The really hard part is to leave it alone now that you are happy with it. :wink: hahahahaha

I tend to mod just to be modding and sometimes lose a great affect when it would have been better to simply let it be. :smiley:

Leave it alone? At 228k cds? Come on :smiley: