Convoy L2...Guess who's back???

And what, exactly, is wrong with 228Kcd? Damn respectable that, for sure.

Do you think Enzo Ferrari started with a GTC4 Lusso T?

Could it have even been possible to have started with

And kept going til it looked like

I think not!

Any update on this light? I was just looking around for a single 18650 reflector host with ~50-55mm diameter head to make a bit-bigger-than-C8 thrower and there really isn’t any option in this range. Even in the 60mm range there are no real accessible options. The M2X is one, but it is not really available affordably or as a host.

Sorry, but there are no updates to report at this time. The little L will happen but I can’t yet say when.

I like the XinTD X3 and UranusFire 818 (55mm head). The Manker U21 is 59 mm head size, but of course pricey as a host, but I've modded two of them recently. I'm sure there's some others.

Thanks for those suggestions. That manker is a nice form factor. I’m making a light for my dad who is a lifelong crappy flashlight user that I’m introducing to the world of quality budget flashlights. He recently got an X6 with XPL HI stock from gearbest and he is really impressed, but he noticed he could use some more throw.

The compactness of the light is important because he just won’t carry it if it’s not easy to carry. I think a C8 with a bit larger head would be perfect. I decided to make him a C8 with dedomed XPG2, which I think is the next best option.

The Manker U21 is close to an ultimate pocket thrower - though the head diam is decent, it's a small carry - short, shorter than many C8's. The 818 is a fairly big carry unfortunately. Wish I could get a U21 host - no USB charging, simple switch wires, plain bare driver board.

Unfortunately e-switch hosts are just not that popular, only few have ever been seen for sale, and even those were not done right to make the mods of adding a LED and driver easy.

Since I really wanted a C8 size L2 with 26650 battery. I ended up getting a Convoy X3. One thing I did not realize was the battery tube is bigger than 26650 so that 3xAA can be used. I’m not sure if a 32650 will fit.

I hope a mini L2/L6 will be available soon.

Any chance a OP reflector will be available for the L2? I want to put a XHP50 in it.

Honestly I forgot about the L2 OP reflector. Simon probably did too. We had planned to make one. I’ll check with him and get back to you. It would probably be a small run as I don’t see a huge demand for it but I’d try one out and I know there are a few others who would.

Sounds good, hopefully there is more interest so that the OP reflector can be a option when buying the L2 host.

Could XHP30 be an option?

Actualy there is m8, yet its mod isnt that lovely/easy as i/we want it to be

With everything as it ” should be” it makes like 210k cds with U4 1A at 4.5 amps and like 280 k with S4 1D /from the old ones?
And the hostspot is kinda good too, the total weight of the torch is also good- 227 grams with the battery( VTC6)

Colour is good, reflector could be better, yet its an option…modding M2X is ways better ofc, a modded M2x as it should be must reach 300k easy with any S4 emitter

Thanks Mitko. That does look like an alright option. I believe that is the UF-X6S?

Finally I got my light meter and I could measure my L2 with MTN Fet DD driver and dedomed XM-L2 U4 :slight_smile:
It made 124,1 Kcd and 704m throw :slight_smile:

I think you should get a lot more than that. My L2 with FET driver and XPL HI V2 3B got ~220Kcd. This was with the stock centering ring.

Zozz can hou measure how many amps it draws from the cell ?
And btw , what cell you use ?

Liitokala 26650 but at this test I does not measured the amps and I know the battery is not full. Tomorrow I make another measurement with full battery. With full battery it draws 4,5A.

4.5 is typicaly for U4 binned emitters, i presume it aint dedomed….1a bin , AR glass… bloody nasty tint m8, it will nuke your eyes if you use it for more than 15mins…not to mention when its rainy, foggy, in a poluted air or just misty

Dedomed 2A is quite a different story though…the result is something like 4k yet with a pinky tint, b e a u t i f u l

Indeed, with FET+1, XP-L V6 1A dedomed and Liitokala 5200 I measured 280,000 Cd, good for 1060 m throw.

My L2, w/dedomed U4 1C, FET+1 driver, measured 5.34A tail on a EFEST 4200, and got 292 kcd measured at 10m. That's 1081 meters.

I used 20 AWG LED wires, spring bypasses of course, and the SIR800DP FET.

You should expect #'s in this range of 270 - 300 kcd with the best XM-L2 or XPL LED dedomed, and everything tweaked up for a FET driver.

Note: measured at 5 meters, I got 282 kcd. 10+ meters is recommended for more accurate results, and usually always is higher then 3-5 meters, least in my testing. I measure at 5 meters indoors, and at 10-12 meters outdoors, when I can.

Then my mistake is the distance at measuring. Now I measured at 10m with fully charged battery and I got 275 kcd which is good for 1048m :smiley:
Yesterday I measured at 1m and the battery was on 3,7V.
I only got my light meter yesterday so I’m new to this kcd,lux,throw measuring thing.