Convoy L6... XHP70 Beast!

Just got a confirmation from Simon that he was able to change my order from N4 1C cool white to an N2 3A neutral white. Can’t wait to get it :slight_smile:

Edit: It just shipped

Nice! Glad the timing worked out for you. You’ve all been keeping Simon quite busy. :+1:

With great flashlights comes great responsibility :smiley:

I hope it travels quickly, I cannot wait to try it out

Thanks :slight_smile: I’m very excited about getting this. I sound like a kid in a candy store!

Thanks for the reassurance! Sure enough, shortly after your reply he messaged me back. Just sent payment, very excited about getting this light! 4000lm of 5000K, here we come! :partying_face: :beer:

Is there any chance that in the future there will be a short tube for this light? Or is not capable of running off a single 26650?

…aaand ordered :sunglasses:

J-Dub: big thanks for arranging! :beer:

The XHP 50 / 70 emitters operate on 6 volts or 12 volts, so a single cell can not be substituted for the two series connected cells.

I can’t predict the future but as of now a single 26650 will not run this light with this driver so unless the OL 26350 project happens (odds don’t look good) I don’t see a short tube possibility any time soon.

I’m thrilled that I can help make this happen and grateful that it’s bringing just a little more light to the shining sun that is BLF. I honestly didn’t ever envision myself doing more than reading the forum and making a comment here and there. Yet…here we are. :blush:

I think a light whith such big head will not look good with a single cell tube. And it will ruin its balance in the hand. The L2 is okay.

Wow no kidding , now you tell me! :frowning: But a 2X26500 tube would be cool! :+1: :smiley:

Yeah, we do talk a lot! :smiley: The L6 does indeed have LVP which should kick in right around 6V though I have not had a chance to test it yet.
There is always a higher risk using cells in series which is why Simon recommends protected cells and why he designed this monster to use protected cells without any loss in performance. Since you said what you said, I’m guessing that along the way I neglected to put that info in the OP. I’ll put that on the list. Too tired now. Good night BLFriends.

Ha! That’s one big head! :beer:

The 2x26500 would be acceptable but you only gain 3 cm on a 25,5cm light. I think minus 3 cm doesn’t matter on a light at this size.

15 days from order date:

Very fast for russian post!
I’m impressed very much! It’s beautiful (for me at least)!

+1 Impressive!

Now THAT is a beautiful piece of work! Love it!

Mine still in Chicago waiting on 5000k 90cri led.