Convoy L6... XHP70 Beast!

Nice one Mukcep. Worth the wait? :smiley:

Can you do a comparison between L6 and S70?

Definitely!

I need more time to get precise impressions (and i still don’t have 4 same 26650 batteries for honest test). But i like both flashlights :wink:

wow. very fast shipping.
initial impression Mukcep?

I love it! :smiley:
But on L2 i have some small defects. So i not in a hurry to do conclusions. I need some time.
First impressions are very good.

Ordered mine May 04 and received it yesterday May 19. Very quick! Sorry no pics yet. Wow! I was highly impressed with the workmanship. Only had a few minutes to fondle it. My batteries are a little longer than the recommended 69mmm. They are I believe King Kong 5200mah protected from Richard. Put them in anyway and although they looked too long, it easily screwed together (Just had to light this thing up!). It was still daylight and it really lit up the inside of my house, easily the brightest light I have by far. I couldn’t get it to work with the tactical ring. Won’t have time to give a closer inspection until Sunday. So happy, just had to tell you all. Thanks to everyone that made this happen!

My light is ordered but it looks like the sourcing of proper 26650s is going to be a challenge. Looks like all the usual places like Banggood and Fasttech have recently stopped shipping batteries to Canada via any method. I have a big stash of 18650s and even some good high drain ones such as LG MJ1s so if I found some battery tube adapters would they work OK in this light?

The Convoy L2 came with two star shaped spacers to adapt a 18650 cell with the 26650 tube.
Most likely the L6 includes them as well.
Hope this helps

My L6 finally passed through customs in New York last night, should be here in a few days.

IIRC this was discussed earlier in the thread. As I understand it, 18650’s with spacers would technically work, but runtimes would be very short, so they’re not “recommending” that. For that reason, I don’t think spacers are included. I’m far from an expert and I haven’t seen any direct comparisons, but it seems to me like a pair of really good high-capacity 18650’s should work almost as well as a pair of cheap lower-capacity 26650’s… As long as you’re not expecting impressive runtimes. Right? I just ordered a pair of protected 26650’s from Richard - does mtnelectronics.com ship batteries to Canada?

Mine was in Chicago DAYS ago, for some lunatic reason they sent it to LA! Now it’s en-route to Texas from LA via Chicago. No wonder the USPS is going broke!

Edit: Just so y’all know what it takes to do a group buy or fill in like JDub is doing, the 1st 3 lights shipped were to JDub and me and Kawiboy for testing and review so we could possibly iron out any issues. Kawi lives close to JDub, ok? They’re both practically next door to Chicago. Both his and my lights were shipped out of Chicago after almost a week of waiting, TO Los Angeles on the other side of the flippin country! So Kawi’s light was very close, then sent on a journey, he should be getting it probably tomorrow or Monday, as should I. Somehow JDub’s got to him straight from Chicago.(Kawiboy, Myself, and I believe JDub too, all paid for these lights, no free samples on this round, testing production lights, and as such, we get the only lights shipped without the DTP copper mcpcbs! lol) Cornfused? So in the brief interim Simon sourced direct thermal pad mcpcbs and also acquired options on the emitters and of course, being first responders, your “Team” missed out on all that. Oh the sacrifices! :stuck_out_tongue:

Working with people on the other side of the world has it’s issues.

Best laid plans of mice and men. :person_facepalming:

I sent a light to Canada from Texas a couple of weeks ago, it went to Austin (our hub) and then back to Temple (my town) then back to Austin and on it’s way. HUH? And to think, we have all this computer automated reader equipment… So much for 2 Day Priority Mail right?

Also, to add to the confusion, I ordered the top binned XHP-70 to put in JDub’s L6. They said at Cutter that it was the O bin not the N bin and as such had the higher output, right? I got it Tuesday via DHL and it’s plainly marked N4 on the package. Huh? I gotta take up stamp collecting or something…

USPS sucks. I had a package come to a local hub from China. Instead of being delivered to my house the next day, the next thing I know it’s being shipped to Puerto Rico. I eventually got the package 5 days later.

Anyway, I got a tracking number from Simon yesterday. So far it’s not working. I guess it takes a few days for it to show.

Puerto Rico? DANG! Completely out of the Country and back! Amazing it didn’t get “lost”.

I guess when you consider the sheer volume of items they carry, it’s only odds that some are going to get routed wrong. Something in the labeling on mine and Kawi’s L6’s caused the automated readout system to direct them to LA, who knows. By the time they get here, Simon will have better lights on the table. :stuck_out_tongue:

Wow, look what happened while I slept! I’m so glad some people are starting to get their lights. I was supposed to receive my new (used) camera yesterday but again thanks to USPS it didn’t show. Hopefully today. Then I’ll be able to take some decent pictures and get some beam shots up. I’ve been excited for others to get these so we can get some more feedback.

Let the reign of the L6 commence! :crown:

Yeah, the team had to uh “take one for the team” this time. LOL. Even with my CW emitter and non-DTP board this thing is just plain impressive. I don’t have a light meter and haven’t had a chance yet to run mine side-by-side with the S70 so I can’t tell you which one hits higher lumen numbers. They’re both crazy bright. I can tell you that without a doubt I like the L6 better. Obviously I am biased but there are a few things that stand out when comparing the two lights.

The big homeruns for the L6 are:

1) There is no visible hole/donut/cross in the beam pattern.
2) The much lower low and excellent mode spacing is a hands down winner.
3) Ergonomics and hand feel. The matte anodizing and knurling really stand out in this regard.
4) Beauty. The L6 is gorgeous. :heart_eyes: This last of course is just my opinion but hey… this is my thread :smiley:

Ha! Another victim of excellent build quality. :smiley: Look closely where you think the tactical ring should thread on. You’ll find that Simon ships these with the simple ring installed. Just unthread the plain ring. It blends in so well with the tube when people first look they don’t even see it. It just looks like part of the tube. I did the same thing when I got my first long tube for the L2 I looked at it and thought “What the heck! Simon forgot to thread the tube for the tactical ring!” I had to giggle when I realized what was actually going on.

This picture shows the L6 as it ships with the simple ring threaded on.

The simple ring is right here…

Just grab it there and spin. The ring should come right off. Some people like to take the o-ring off when swapping them to avoid possibly damaging it. :beer:

Hey guys !
That Keeppower IMR battery gonna be good for this monster light ?
http://www.gearbest.com/chargers-batteries/pp_104845.html

If someone can confirm they’re real, I’ll order a pair.

I’ve got an L2 on the way, but that block style 2x tube is really, really tempting. Don’t get me wrong, the single tube and extension looks nice, but dang that block style is so nice.

Ha! Mine left L.A. at 9:02pm last night.” On it’s way to destination “. (Probably via Chicago, Dale? ) My LD-2 M2 driver is been sitting in New York for a month, hope it don’t get mugged? :frowning:

I can’t say for certain. They may be fine but it might actually be a little short. Those appear to be the unprotected version of the new shorter Keeppower 5200mAh 26650. The protected version Simon recommends adds 3mm to each cell bringing them in at 69mm. Those in your link are listed at 66mm long so the combined pair is a 6mm shorter stack than what’s recommended. There may be enough spring in there for it to be fine but just keep that in mind. Also keep in mind with the stock driver there’s no advantage using unprotected cells. The KK button tops I’m using are a little shorter too, measuring 67.7mm each and I have no issues but take all this into consideration unless somebody has tested such a short cell in the L6. I don’t have any that short.