Convoy L6... XHP70 Beast!

So i found this http://www.banggood.com/XTAR-26650-5000mAh-3_6v-Protected-Rechargeable-Li-ion-Battery-p-975253.html
Size of this battery should be less than 70mm, but on the pics it looks like they had totally flat “+” so the magnet beetwen them should solve the problem right ?

The best solution will be buying that new protected keeppower but i can’t find them.

Some comparison with my other lights (very ‘dirty’ shots, f/7.1, exposition - 5sec, ISO400, distance - ~200 meters (~650 feets) ):

Control shot:

Convoy L6 (N4-1C):

Thorfire S70:

Olight M2X-UT:

Convoy L2 (XP-L HI U3-7A):

Beautiful picture Mukcep! Thank you for the beam shots.

Those really are some bright lights since the beam is visible amongst all the city lighting.

Yeah, looks like mtnelectronics can ship to Canada. But looking over what he offers in protected 26650 that are not too long it seems like only the 4000mAh King Kongs are really appropriate. Like you said, if I’m only getting 4000mAh I may as well use my high drain MJ1s since the capacity isn’t much less.

@Mukcep: Thanks for the beamshots - and the scenery. It’s nice to see something else than trees or the next block. :wink:

However, of the four lights you shot, the L6 seems to be the faintest - at least at this distance?

If you look at the trees above the building between the L6 and the S70, you’ll notice that the trees in the L6 shot are much brighter than the S70. I think it’s just a matter of the beams not being pointed in the exact same direction between the two. The other two are throwers, so it’s understandable that they’d light up a tight spot a bit more.

Just got home and my newish camera is here. :slight_smile: Battery charging now.

@jescereal: Good points made on the throwers and the tree scenario.

@Mukcep: Thanks for the beam shots. You can call them dirty but I say thank you. Beautiful scene. I do love my country-home setting but the the big-city lights in the background in your shots are quite beautiful. Nicely done. :beer:

I like the wrecking of the old building in front of all the big city, sick! :stuck_out_tongue:
Yeah, nice change of scenery, for sure. I need to get out more… lol

… it’s not obvious to me… and looking at the beam ‘core’, close the lights source on the lower left part of the image, the S70 comes out noticeably brighter - on my computer screen at least.

Hey! Don’t read me wrong i like the L6 a lot and wish it does compete against the S70. But in the above pictures it does seem to be just a tad dimmer. Might just be the batteries or something else…

[quote=DB Custom]
I like the wrecking of the old building in front of all the big city, sick! :stuck_out_tongue:

that’s cuz you got a photographer’s eye.

I think by the light output S70 and L6 have parity.

Flashlights are not attached to tripod, so i can not consider these shots clear to comparison.

Batteries are identical (Sanyo UR18650ZY PCB, recent charged). Repeat - shots are pretty ‘dirty’ for real comparsion.

Can You tell me - what You mean?
It’s just one object on 200m distance (i just need to show throw of these lights).
If you don’t like composition, i don’t have intent to shot of art-photo or something like that, this is just technical shots.
Here is full panorama, if you interesting:

He does like it. He’s complimenting the photos and how great it looks with the city in the distance. I agree!

FWIW, the mtnelectronics description of those KK 4000 mAh cells includes: “This is one of the best 26650 cells available, frequently delivering well over the 4000 mAh rated capacity. ”
Even if the “best … available” quote might be outdated, I’ll take Richard at his word that they’re decent! Especially for the price, compared to other current deals on protected high-capacity cells (~$14-15/ea). Add to that the risks and quality questions surrounding buying from a less-reputable overseas vendor, and the KK’s look fine to me. If the KK capacity is underrated a little, and we assume actual capacity is ~4200-4500 mAh (as in this HKJ review ), then the capacity is ~10-15% less than a 5000mAh cell, but we’d have to pay about 30-40% more to get that capacity.

IOW: The L6 itself was my splurge, and budget and safety/quality are my priorities for batteries, so that’s what I decided.

No, I’m not selling these cells. Yes, I might be trying to justify my decision to myself. But I thought I’d share in case it might be helpful to others making the decision!

Mukcep, “sick” is terminology for it’s crazy wild and I like it a lot, out of this world, off the chain, remarkable, WOW! :wink:

The older building in the process of being demolished in the foreground, all the new city in the background. Contrast, old new, hard working people vs geek workers in big office buildings, dark dirty work, vs the lighted glitter of the big city.

I live in the country, near a smallish town. Nearest big city with skyscrapers is 60 miles away to the South, 140 miles away to the North. I don’t see big city lights often. I also grew up in a Lumber Yard, hard work hands on getting dirty for small money. So I can appreciate what is going on in front, am somewhat awed by what is going on in the background.

Thanks for explanation!
And thanks for good feedback!

Thanks for explanation again!
I don’t understand some things, because my english is pretty s**tty.

It’s just view from my window. Ex-“Lenin’s tram depot”.
I think it is no hard working peoples, but thieves (or marauders). They steal building materials.

just want to post and say my L6 arrived today in perfect condition! My 26700 Kingkong cells fit perfect! This light is a BEAST! brightest single emitter light I have ever seen! The beam is so usable, tons of spill, and a super bright spot. No donut hole either from the quad die LED. Im impressed! Thanks Simon!!!

Great news about the doughnut hole.

The S70 has it.

Where do you actually see it though, I use it every night for walking the dog and to be honest I haven’t noticed it at all?

It depends on how sensitive you are. It’s not exactly a black hole, just the centre is less brigh,albeit very slightly

If you compare the Acebeam K60, that doesn’t have a doughnut hole.

I could have a lemon though. But i believe jdub might have mentioned his S70 had the hole too