Convoy S2+ Desert Tan Available Now!

Looks like your chicken has the same education level as my chickens. :person_facepalming: Up and to the left girls…up and to the left.

Listing just went up on Banggood! Priced at $19.99-20.99 with 4 tints to choose from. Although I think I’ll wait for Simon so I can get dat Biscotti.

I wish the threads on this would be square-ish or something like that. Its kinda hard screwing the tail cap on my s2+clear. And the tail cap has a gap from the body even its closed real tight. I hope they will focus on this small details. I’m really looking forward having this tan s2+ real soon.

Now available in fasttech… desert tan
Guess tailcap is lighted.

I would not expect the tailcap to be lighted. It would be the first Convoy that has that, and it can affect the user interface timings, something that I think Convoy would not allow to happen.

The clear Convoy S2+ has a lighted tailcap…

Will these be made available as hosts soon after the complete light launches? I’m itching to build a triple D240 219C…

I confirmed with Simon. The tailcap in the desert tan S2+is not lighted. As others have mentioned though the clear S2+ currently being sold does indeed have a lighted tailcap. It’s not great though. It’s too dim and finicky with drivers as djozz suggested it wasn’t really supposed to happen. You can’t really see it in the dark unless the tail is pointed in your direction. It also will not work with Biscotti which is why the first run of clear S2+ has the 3/5 driver. With the older driver and firmware it lights up. With Biscotti firmware it does not. As far as I knew the light was never going to be sold with the lighted switch but there was a little mix-up and then suddenly BG was selling them…

Still waiting for this to go live on the official Convoy AliExpress store.

Will there be a tan s2+ with biscotti? I just got a clear c8 and i really like the biscotti firmwear. I dont know what kind of firmwaer is on the astrolux/blf ss but i like biscotti
More.

Yes. Once they’re available in the Convoy store if you order one from Simon just add a note that you want the upgraded driver with the new firmware and he’ll hook you up. It should be going live anytime. It stinks how long it takes for these listings to go active. Simon can’t just list his items when they’re ready. He has to wait for Ali to approve his listing each time and sometimes it takes WAY too long. Very annoying. That’s why FT and BG sometimes have new Convoy items listed before the Convoy store. It’s ridiculous but it is what it is…

Make it 2 :smiley:
Thank you and really good work on this, by all that have been working for it! :+1:

S2+ had a lot of upgrades from leds to drivers to colors and so on. Is there a chance s2+ in the future would be stainless steel? Is there benefit having SS rather than aluminum? Anyway the desert tan still not up in Ali :frowning:

Looks awesome.

I think looks are the sole benefit of ss.
Cooling, weight, costs are the major drawbacks IMHO

Glad to see this long awaited desert ten version. It looks really great.
Too bad the new driver w Biscotti is not stock and we have to ask Simon.
I’m wondering why he keeps those 3/5 modes drivers with the blink on low… the accidental switching of mode group. They seem quite deprecated, especially the low Hz PWM. I guess he needs to get read of them.

Man, the approval process on Ali must be brutal, I still don’t see it listed in the Convoy store.

For those who prefer the bare steel metal clicky switch to the painted black one, I noticed that Banggood has a listing for that component in bare metal (just the external switch components). It’s listed as “restocking” now, but it looks like the final price will be $1.35 for each set.

Also listed on FastTech, $1.79 for two:
https://fasttech.com/products/0/10036731/7989400-replacement-metal-flashlight-tail-switch-for