Convoy S2+ Desert Tan Available Now!

I couldn’t hold out any longer. I bought one from FastTech. :heart_eyes:

I have this ready and waiting for it. MTG2 M0 4000K at 3.5A from a single cell.

What boost driver are you using?

Kaidomain H1-A, R020 resistor mod. It’s a stock S2+ pill with the driver pocket bored out, and stock OP reflector with the emitter opening enlarged by hand with a hobby knife.

Dang, late to the party again!

That looks even better in the latest pics. A small part of my brain wishes it had the rubber switch for increased waterproofness, but the aesthetics of that black metal switch, the aesthetics! What more can I say

Yeah, I didnt realize my racoon buddy was in hibernation. :stuck_out_tongue:
As you said, the black metal switch is about aesthetics. It’s a delicious break from potatoes as they say.

A have little update for everyone…
There is going to be a bit of a delay in the desert tan S2+ hitting the Convoy store. We’re probably looking at roughly 2 weeks. BG and FT snatched up every one in the first batch.

I grumbled at this news but there is also good news for those who wait. This next batch has an improved switch finish. Instead of black steel it’s going to be black anodized aluminum so the finish is much stronger. The black steel is not as tough as we wanted so a change was needed. Simon is also going to use the revised Biscotti driver as the default option. Bye-bye 3/5.

Good news !! It will worth waiting :slight_smile:
Any news if there will be a 18350 tube for this one? I read above some things about it, but it didn’t sound as a certainty, tough…
It would be awesome to have that :sunglasses:
Thanks for the information!

The second batch is certainly worth waiting for! :slight_smile:

+1 on the 18350 tube, I mentioned it somewhere above but I don’t think it was ever promised.

I read something earlier about an improved belt clip? This is one of my complaints with my current S8 EDC, the convoy belt clip is just not quite as strong as I wish it was for an EDC. A thicker clip like the A6 / S1 / S41 clip would be nice. I also like it as high as possible, I put the clip on the tailcap right now to get the light as far in my pocket as possible.

The S8 clip is rock solid but not a deep pocket clip.

Ok fine…I promise. :wink:

Simon told the factory to make 500 desert tan short tubes. That enough for you Jos? :stuck_out_tongue:

Only if someone doesn’t order them all to make dog sled wheels!

Yeahhhhhhh!!! Perfection is on its way :partying_face:
Thanks for the work :+1:

TA can you clarify a bit?

The S8 clip isn’t a deep carry clip at all but as far as I know there is no issue with strength. I had planned to design a deep carry clip for that one but haven’t gotten around to it yet. The S8 has a much wider clip groove so certainly a stronger attachment point.

The existing deep carry Convoy clip was designed to fit all the existing S2 and S2+ lights already out there. I did propose a revision to the existing deep carry clip that addresses the concerns you mentioned. Those revisions brought the clip to about a 3mm deeper pocket riding point, widened the gap a bit to fit better over hat bills and thicker jeans and I also suggested increasing the metal thickness a bit. I’ve mentioned this before so maybe that’s what you’re referring to? It would not fit the S8 though, at least not well.

I forgot that the S8 came with a different clip lol. I removed it and instead used the “normal” deep carry clip on the S8 by installing it on an S2+ tailcap.

My S8 is a bit of a franklight at this point, the tailcap is from an S2+, deep carry clip, S2 pill with S2 triple spacer, triple XP-G3’s and 10511 optic running off a TA driver with lighted tailcap.

So all of my comments are about the deep carry clip. It is good, I just wish it was stronger, sometimes it just seems a bit loose when out and about with the light in my pocket. The revisions you listed are exactly what I had in mind. I would also eliminate the cutouts in the clip, they weaken it unnecessarily IMHO.

My new dog sled only requires 400 wheels so that leaves 100 shorty tubes for the rest of you non-wheeled-dog-sled people. :smiley:

great news!

Happy happy joy joy :party:
Will eagerly wait for availability! :slight_smile:

Ha! Frankenlights are quite common around here buddy. Sounds like a nice build though. :+1:

I’ll remind Simon about the clip revision. If when that happens I’ll post an update in the clip thread and the S2+ threads. If it happens and I actually remember I’ll send you a PM but no promises there. Too many projects floating around in the old grey matter. It seems I occasionally have an unscheduled memory dump…

Hm. I ordered a couple of the tan S2+ with black steel switches.

Now I’ll have to order some more with the anodized switches.