Coronavirus **personal experiences** thread

What?? You mean, I missed some posts by He Who Must Not Be Named? How long has Lord Voldemort been a member? :sunglasses:

But look, Iā€™m really sorry I rubbed your fur the wrong way, RC. If you wouldnā€™t prevaricate by claiming I am something Iā€™m not, I wouldnā€™t have called you out. But hey, Iā€™m willing to let bygones be bygones if you are. Scoutā€™s honor. Pax? :beer:

The Case Is Building That COVID-19 Had a Lab Origin

Nice try, Lightbringer, CRX and others. Itā€™s just not worth it, and itā€™s definitely not worth getting irritated about. We have to remember this is the internet, and keyboard warriors, and all that. It does make me wish there was an ignore feature on BLF. Nonetheless, I like it as it is.

[quote=raccoon city]

ā€œThat turned out even worse mostly because of CRX.ā€

Yes. How dare he disagree with you, even if he was right.

@ RC,not being flippant, and not based solely on this quote, I honestly believe you have developed issues that you should have professionally addressed.

Or, just resume your disorder works too. :wink:

I knew a woman who had a lot of health problems. She didnā€™t like hospitals and regular doctors. She had one doctor she trusted and went to regularly. Iā€™m not sure that he was a real doctor but he probably had a following online and spread a lot of facts about his preferred treatment for everything. I suppose you could call him a natural doctor.

Anyway, sheā€™s dead now of a completely treatable illness.

Her kids are still in grade school.

Iā€™m sure the doctor meant well but in my opinion he murdered her.

Iā€™m not usually one to defend RC and he can be a little abrasive at times but I understand where he is coming from on this one.

I believe in free speech.

People sometimes die because they use treatments that are spread on the internet that dont work.

Iā€™m not sure how those two things fit together.

What greatly disturbs this thread from being informative and useful is not the posting of different opinions about the facts (which I like to hear), but posting lies/misinformation, mostly easy to debunk but sometimes so fancy made that they are even difficult to pinpoint. Misinformation undermines any usefulness of this thread and zero interests me. Misinformation is not arbitary and easy to recognise and I try to debunk misinformation every now and then, like others do. The misinformation in this thread is posted consistently by the same few BLF-members whose intention is clearly not providing useful information, and Iā€™m likely too naive to guess what their real intentions are.

So to answer your question: this is not about right or wrong information, but about correct and false information. This does not require an arbiter but it requires checking the facts and sources.

Sometimes the facts and sources have us hopping from one foot to the other though as time passes.
(Sorry, no facts or sources links) :smiley:

This made me laugh.

Masks donā€™t work. Masks make it worse. Maybe masks work, but not for you, it helps others. Ok masks work. Everyone has to wear masks or be arrested.
But not police officers.
Stay in your home or garden, but if we see you we will order you to go inside or try to arrest you on your own property.

You can exercise but if we see you driving all alone to a secluded exercise spot we will stop and fine you.

Itā€™s not airborne. It may be airborne. Itā€™s airborne, but only to 6 feet. Itā€™s airborne, but to 20 feet. Itā€™s airborne and stays in the air for 3 hours. Maybe it isnā€™t airborne after all, air and sunshine kill it. Go outside, it will make you feel better.

It lasts on surfaces for under an hour. Maybe a week. Maybe a day. We donā€™t think getting it from surfaces is a vector of transmission. Wash all your groceries. You canā€™t get it from eating food. Make sure to cook takeout food to 250 degrees to kill any virus on it. Eating out is fine, as long as youā€™re outside.

You canā€™t get it twice. Wait, you can actually have it and it can reappear once itā€™s gone. Nevermind, that was poor testing, you canā€™t get it twice. Having it may not give any immunity to getting it again. Ah shit, we donā€™t know, but weā€™re making a vaccine which may work. It may not work also, but youā€™re going to have to get it to do anything in life. But we arenā€™t forcing it on you, itā€™s your choice. If you donā€™t want it, you can just live at home and never go to work or school or the grocery store again, and you also canā€™t see anyone in your family, but itā€™s your choice we arenā€™t forcing it on you, but it may work but it may also not work but you have to have it. Vaccines take 3 years to make, but we can get this done in 2 years while staying to safety guidelines. We canā€™t wait for safety guidelines, weā€™re going to have it ready by fall.

The peak is going to be April 5th. 10 days to slow the spread! 15 days to slow the spread! 30 days to slow the spread! Itā€™s going to kill 3 million Americans. Itā€™s going to kill 250k Americans. Itā€™s going to kill 30k Americans. No 60k. No 50k. 45 days to slow the spread! The peak is coming May 1st. The peak is coming June 15th. The peak is actually a different peak for every state. Itā€™s actually a different peak for every city in every state. 90 days to slow the spread! We hit our peak. We havenā€™t hit our peak yet. We arenā€™t going to hit our peak.

Our hospitals are overwhelmed, weā€™ve run out of ventilators and people are dying at home.
Our hospitals are closing up because nobody is in them, nurses are being furloughed. We have an abundance of ventilators, weā€™re giving them to other countries. Ventilators save lives.

Our hospitals are overwhelmed! Quick build some 5000 capacity Nightingale units.
Nightingale hospitals have only seen 35 patients each, weā€™re closing them down after a month.
We need to send nurses & doctors home.

Covid tests give a lot of false positives but are reliable.
95% of deaths are now covid related.
Heart attack - covid. Car crash - covid.
Covid tests may give false positives and also some from China may have covid pre-installed.

Itā€™s just a little ā€œshared sacrificeā€. Some are sharing the sacrifice by being unemployed, some are sharing the sacrifice by eating Jeniā€™s ice cream out of their 24k freezer instead of going to Capitol Hill and doing their job. Weā€™re in the Greater Depression, but the economy is great and weā€™re going to bounce right back out of this.

Some people count on every penny from their job to cover the cost of living, weā€™ll give you 80% of that,no pressureā€¦

Stay inside, save lives and donā€™t be selfish. Go outside, sunlight kills the virus. If you go outside, you will be arrested. Eating outside may be the path forward for restaurants in the summer. Support your local restaurants, but stay inside.

Weā€™ve got drones watching remote beauty spots for lockdown offenders.
Weā€™re ruining lakes with dyes to deter visitors.
Ok we stopped with the spy drones but weā€™re watching park benches now.

We will jail lockdown offenders.
We will release criminals due to covid.

HCQ, zinc, and zpack can save lives. HCQ is actually very dangerous. Trials show HCQ, zinc and zpack reduces duration of virus when given early. VA trials show HCQ killed most people who took it.

China patents Remdesivir for use against coronavirus. Two months later, US thinks Remdesivir may help against coronavirus. Trials show Remdesivir doesnā€™t help against coronavirus. Trials show Remdesivir helps against coronavirus.

Studies show majority of transmission is between families living together. Enforced lockdowns, you must stay at home with your family. If one of you gets sick, we are thinking of taking you out of your house and put you in quarantine.

The old are mostly at risk.
We are forcing elderly care homes to take covid infected.

Stay inside or die of infection but being packed into public transport and supermarkets is ok.
No, wait, itā€™s only ok if you stay 2m apart.
Wear a mask but our checkout staff are immune so they donā€™t have to. But stay on the yellow footprints.

And we had some top officials telling us to stay in lockdown while galavanting around seeing their bits on the side, second homes, driving around to test if they could drive to their second home etcā€¦
Face masks made compulsory on PT after three months in England but not Scotland.

Hey RC, whatā€™s your problem ?! calm down, breathe, relaxā€¦ :slight_smile: itā€™s all good.

What are you talking about, what blatant lies or conspiracy theories ?? Iā€™m just trying to help others, and each one here I suppose is trying to help everyone, too.

If you only read those !!! You didnā€™t even click the links that I posted or even watched the videosā€¦ you jumped after 3 minutes, and said lies or ā€œconspiracy theoriesā€, without reading and watching anythingā€¦

If you canā€™t see how blatantly theyā€™re fighting and hiding them, then thatā€™s your problem.
Being healthy all the time doesnā€™t fit the agenda of pharmaceutical companies ?! I guess. They make more than 1 Trillion dollars every year from sick peopleā€¦ BIG profitā€¦ you know.
Can you see whatā€™s going on here ?! itā€™s simple, you donā€™t have to be a genius to see the pattern here.

Do you love being manipulated easily ?! you are free to be manipulated, thatā€™s your choice :sunglasses:

If you are waiting for a fancy magic potion, or a chemical poison, or some useless vaccine crap, then good for youā€¦ again, youā€™re free, and no one is forcing you to do otherwise.

Iā€™m just showing everyone that there are working, cheap and effective treatments.
These holistic doctors are treating people and they are getting betterā€¦ whatā€™s wrong with that ? whatā€™s wrong in living a healthy lifestyle and never being sick ?!! ā€¦ thatā€™s a good thing, isnā€™t it ?

Iā€™ve joined dozens of groups on Facebook, and there are real people getting better from all these ā€œalternativeā€ and natural cures and treatmentsā€¦

I know personally few people whoā€™ve been taking lugolā€™s iodine and other supplements, and being healed from so many diseasesā€¦
Iā€™ve been taking Lugolā€™s iodine myself for the last 2.5 years, 2 drops daily = 12.5 mg, 5 days per week, 2 days offā€¦ (on and off), I feel much better than beforeā€¦ and I had no cold or flu for 2.5 yearsā€¦ Coincidence? I donā€™t think so.

My daughter contracted Covid-19 and for nine days had a low grade fever ( never got above 99.5 F ) , mild body aches and some chills . She did not lose her sense of smell or taste and said the worst part of it was the constant fatigue . She is 27 years old and was (and is) in good health .

When she felt ill she went to the doctor on the first day . There she was tested for Influenza Type A and Type B in order to rule out the ā€˜regularā€™ flu . Having tested negative for those , she was told that she probably did have Covid-19 and was tested for it . She was confirmed positive two days later .

On day 10 she texted to say that she felt normal . On day 13 she went back to the doctor and was tested again for Covid-19 and was declared free of the virus .

She has been taking it easy and says she is feeling better every day .

Another acquaintance said his 20 year old son was only sick ( from Covid ā€“19 ) for two days .

Iā€™m confidant that most healthy people who contract this virus will have a few crappy days and then theyā€™ll be ok .

@Thunderay, slitting your throat (not you personally) is a good and permanent way of getting rid of the virus (ALL of them :smiley: )
Death is a definite natural cure, but I am not going to try it until mother nature says ā€œtimes upā€ :disappointed:

As this is a thread about Covid19 I must assume you are stating these quacks holistic doctors have a cure for it, you can believe whatever you want, I believe it is a load of smelly stuff in the bull paddock.

Cheers David :stuck_out_tongue:

That was great fun to read :+1:

It sums up what the message is to people while the science on COVID-19 is in development and the best advice is changing all the time, and governments try to translate the science into regulation which is continuously lagging behind the newest insights. People can only cope with a clear story, but there is no clear story, it is what it is: muddle along with a new disease and hope that what you do does a good enough job handling it. The directions that science provides sure get better over time, two years ahead we know very well how to handle this disease, but there is no time to wait for that, in a clumsy way every government tries to fight the disease. But I can not help noticing that mixing politics with fighting a pandemic appears to be counterproductive.

@ raccoon city, please avoid this thread from now on.

To everyone else: Sorry for letting this thread run wild. I havenā€™t been closely monitoring it recently, but I now see the need to be more vigilant here. So I share some of the responsibility for whatā€™s gone on here during the past few days. But itā€™s also very clear proof of the validity of the core principles that Iā€™ve been echoing here ad nauseum. Specifically:

• Iā€™m not trying to control the narrative on what are the facts and what are falsehoods regarding the Coronavirus. Thatā€™s an individual right and responsibility that I respect and leave to each user. However, whenever I step in to moderate situations where users have been arguing over controversial posts, I invariably see responses along the lines of, ā€œBut the facts clearly show thatā€¦!ā€ And thatā€™s the core issue: I donā€™t want anything to be discussed on BLF that causes major controversy or disagreement, even if itā€™s a fact. If people start arguing about whether 2+2 really equals 4, then the subject of addition would need to be avoided here. So before posting anything, whether you consider it to be an opinion or a fact, think first about whether it could create controversy, and if it could, donā€™t post it. If there is any doubt as to what sorts of Coronavirus aspects are controversial, just look back in this thread, and avoid those aspects like the plague (pun sort of intended).
  • Freedom of speech is a right that most governments guarantee their citizens. However, BLF is not a government, and users here are not citizens of this site. Additionally, citizenship is by birth whether you like it or not, whereas nobody was born a BLF member. Everyone has to be a citizen somewhere whether they like the laws or not, whereas nobody is forced to be a BLF member. By voluntarily creating a user account here, users agreed to respect the BLF Rules, and by continuing to use the site they agree to continue abiding by them. So donā€™t try to use the argument of censorship or freedom of speech to excuse violations of the rules here. Of course, I want users to continue to choose to spend their time on BLF, and Iā€™m honored to have you here. But at least for the purpose of arguing over the controversial aspects of the Coronavirus and/or the political aspects of it, youā€™ll have to go elsewhere for that.
  • It takes two (or more) to have an argument. Iā€™m not trying to be condescending and I donā€™t want to sound like a schoolteacher. But virtually all of the problems weā€™ve seen recently in this thread could be avoided if users simply stopped responding to users that are causing trouble. Very few users are going to keep shouting stuff into an echo chamber if nobody eggs them on. So hit the Report button, PM me if I donā€™t react quickly, and move on.
  • Have fun. I think and hope that most posters and viewers in this thread have not enjoyed the spats that ensued here recently. I know I sure havenā€™t. Thatā€™s precisely what the BLF Rules aim to prevent, so that it remains a place for friendly discussion.

So please use this thread exclusively for discussing personal experiences with the Coronavirus and non-controversial news. Iā€™ll be especially vigilant from here on out to make sure that the BLF Rules are followed and enforced in this thread. Again, sorry for not intervening sooner.

To everyone: Please go back over your posts in the last few pages of this thread since it recently turned ugly and edit/delete your posts if necessary in order to follow the rules. Thanks in advance!

sb. :+1:

Thank you sb

You want to know why I and a few other like-minded people post info that the majority doesnā€™t agree with? Iā€™ll tell you. Hereā€™s my motivation.

Because I see, and I care.

Have I been 100% correct on everything Iā€™ve posted? No. Nobody bats 1.000 for more than a day. But Iā€™m confident that my batting average is better than CBS, NBC, and ABCā€™s. Maybe because MSM is a business that has to turn a profit, whereas Iā€™ve been reporting what I see for free. (I guess thatā€™s over, though.)

No matter what people think or say about me, donā€™t expect me to stop caring.

(edit) : sb posted while I was typing. So I got a surprise when I hit ā€™save.ā€™

sb, you have my respect. I dont know how you put up with it, it would drive me crazy.

This is a common example of the misunderstanding that I tried to clear up in my last post. (I understand that we were simultaneously typing responses, so Rexlion didnā€™t see my prior post.) Iā€™m not accusing anyone of posting incorrect information, nor am I questioning their motives for posting here. The only fact I care about in the context of this forum is that a lot of what has appeared in this thread recently has led to nasty arguments, and thatā€™s my only purpose here, to prevent that from happening. Not to be a thought-police officer or fact-check each and every statement.

Exactly. Even Bill Cooper made it his mantra to warn others to not believe anyone ā€” not even him ā€” until you check out things for yourself.

The problem is when treatments which have been shown to work, and quite well, are dismissed by The Authorities, and treatments (eg, vaccines) which can potentially be harmful or even deadly get official sanction. This Has Happened. So people just trying to keep up are naturally confused, and naturally (and deservedly) donā€™t trust those who claim to have a monopoly on The Trvth.

And yet, any dissenting voices are immediately howled down. HOCQ and Zn? Shown to work, cheap, etc., but Officially Poo-Pooed. ā€œMore harm than good.ā€ Umm, really? Some docs used that exclusively with much less of a death-rate than in purportedly First World hospitals.

So what usually happens is that discussion is completely shut down, and only One Voice is allowed. No oneā€™s talking about inhaling bleach, well, hopefully not.

I guess what it all boils down to, is thereā€™s a huge difference in replying to a ā€œdifferent viewā€ with, ā€œOkay, I see where youā€™re coming from, but hereā€™s info showing why thatā€™s a bad ideaā€¦ā€ and, ā€œYouā€™re a troll! Shut up!ā€.

Hell, I learned to not even mention colloidal silver here, because I immediately get surrounded by a gaggle of howler-monkeys hooting me down, and often quite rudely. So yay, They Win. Yet I know from firsthand personal experience, on myself, that it works, and amazingly well. Colds, flus, burns, scrapes, deep cuts, etc. Yet I canā€™t even relate those experiences, because then the howler-monkeys will swing from their respective trees and hoot me down again.

One Voice is thus preserved.