Coronavirus **personal experiences** thread

Thanks for the link, Jeff. This is aligned with what I’d been saying earlier—the only sure way to beat this virus is vaccination. And yes, everyone must get it. It’s really disheartening to hear about how anti-bodies doesn’t guarantee immunity from reinfection. This is NASTY beyond belief.

That MIT article was dated Jun 19, then on July 2 was this one about a promising vaccine:

And another that condenses a Lancet article about distancing, masks, and eye-pro.

All the Best,
Jeff

Okay, I must be missing something…

So if developing antibodies from actual exposure to the actual plague doesn’t (or isn’t guaranteed to) work, how is getting vaccinated supposed to be better?

Actual exposure → real plague critters, fight ’em off, develop antibodies, fight off future infections [without getting sick].

Vaccine → weakened/dead plague critters or parts thereof, develop antibodies, fight off future infections [without getting sick].

It depends…like most things in life there are no guarantees, just probabilities of outcomes for certain boundary conditions. Thank Heisenberg and Quantum Mechanics.

The only thing in life that is certain, is that nothing is certain. And if this is true, then it is also false.

Why do you think they refer to Medical Doctors as “having a practice” or as “practicing physicians”? It is not an exact science.

Happy Aphelion yall!

We have no idea right now. Still working through how this thing works. There may be a workable vaccine someday, there may not be. So right now we do the best we can to protect each other and ourselves.

Key thing to remember — masks may offer some protection. The research isn’t done yet. The rush to recommending masks is precautionary, but not yet supported by science.

TL:dl

Distance offers known real protection. More than six feet social distance is a good idea.
The recommendation of cloth masks is hopeful.

Transcript:

Podcast:

Immunity might involve t-cells and ‘memory’ cells. Here’s what I’ve read recently about this:

Can our immune system ’remember’ the coronavirus? Scientists hope so

What’s the nature of immunity and how long does it last? (scroll down to see the sub-heading on the left)
https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-01989-z

If Antibodies Fall Short of Covid-19 Immunity, Call the T-cells

CRAP! I’m S.O.L.
I can barely remember what day it is with all this staying at home.
Much less remember what my T-Cells are saying.
All The Best,
Jeff

T-cells, corovirus… at this rate, we’ll probably all catch the T-virus.

For Gods sake, I hope RC doesn’t see this….

Well at least nobody brought up Mr T-cell (I pity the virus that ….) :laughing:

crickets

Is antibody still out there?

Nah, we dead.

i pity the fool…

This is the picture under the dictionary entry for bling.

> Call the T-cells

I use ATT Cell all the time, but I hear Viruson has wider coverage.

My granddaughter just sent me a picture she made, showing how washing hands helps T helpers cope with the workload.

So remember to disinfect your phone too.

I saw staff at trader joes wearing face shields without a mask

for a few dollars more, why not get the best

dont take this thread seriously…

Happy Interdependence Daze

It sounds like it’s more of a question of the durability of the immunity. It’s pretty much guaranteed that neutralizing antibodies can be developed against this coronavirus, because otherwise nobody would have been able to recover from it. It’s only been a few short months since the first infected have recovered from it, so it will be informative to see what happens to them after 6 months or a year.

RNA vaccines too that are supposed to give instructions to your cells to directly produce antibodies.

Definitely a ton of unknowns though.

Isn’t the test for a vaccine if it produces antibodies without doing harm? But if antibodies don’t protect us ……Good one mother nature!

My daughters roommate had corona in March, Antibodies confirmed in May.

the June retest showed the antibodies were no longer present

conversely, measles antibodies persist for a lifetime

this suggest a vaccine for Corona would need to be readministered 4 x per year… but there is a lot I dont know, that will hopefully improve the duration of protection from a vaccine

right now, people that have had Corona, can catch it again 3 months later, if I understand the implication of no antibodies correctly

Yeah, it’s conceivable that a virus can either not allow for the production of antibodies or be impervious to them, I’m not sure what the technical explanation is, but HIV is a common example. But as I commented above, it’s practically certain that for this coronavirus neutralizing antibodies do get produced and they do work at least for a certain time, because that’s how tons of people have recovered from it.

Wow. Very interesting. Now, to play Devil’s advocate, there also exists a possibility or even likelihood that her first test was a false positive and she never really had it. It sounds like the tests are pretty sketchy, in emergency mitigation mode a ton of really poor quality tests were allowed to flood the market.