deal PUBLIC : BLF GT bag & cap

did the ones with problems fill out the “customers survey“ i mailed yesterday?

Yes and thanks for putting it up.

Same, been 6 weeks now but I’ll wait 2 more.

Yes, filled in happily waiting, but patience is hard

I read post #1 and was about to order a bag and lens cap. Then I skipped to page #8 and I read about legal action. :open_mouth:

Can anyone save me the trouble of reading 8 pages of comments - Should I order a bag now or not?

NO

Thanks for the concise reply. I was wondering exactly the same thing as sac02. The controversy surrounding this bag & cap only makes me want it more…

I eat forbidden fruit for breakfast!

Ya, when I knew it might infringe Levis copyright, I wanted to buy it.
Not sure which parts of it assimilate Levis design though. looks like standard design of bags to me. I think Levis overdid this…

It could be anything on the bag, from the way the straps circle the bag to the type of stitching they use, or maybe even a direct design ripoff of a LS product. Levi Strauss has been around for 150+ years, and came up with the riveted demim back in 1871, and they hold tons of copyrights, trademarks and design patents. LS has been suing hundreds of Chinese manufacturers and distributors for IP theft, and it might be the only way to get to many of them through the financial system. It wouldn’t surprise me if LS got a court order to freeze his entire Paypal account until this is dealt with. They estimate a $200 billion dollar loss from counterfeits and IP theft each year in the US alone. No telling what it is world wide.

Seems a shame since I doubt Neal had any idea this simple bag could cause a problem. He may have to hire someone from the US, Europe, or both, that is fluent in the language to help sort this out.

I am not sure how they track to Neal. Could it be BLF GT getting so popular that attracted some copyright watchdog attentions? Or it is Neal’s other businesses already attracted their attentions.

I think it is unfair to small player if they don’t have the resource to check on copyright of design. This GT bag design seems to be so generic or common sense, but could be copyrighted by big companies.

Yeah, you never know. Could have been LS exact design from a few years ago. Could be Neal’s other businesses getting attention? maybe. A lot of large companies hire people to watch for counterfeits. Heck, the chinese are even stealing IP from the major car companies like Mercedes Benz, BMW, Jeep, Mazda, Mini Cooper, Range Rover, and even Rolls Royce. http://www.mycarconnector.com/20-shameless-chinese-knockoff-cars-that-are-basically-carbon-copies-of-the-originals/

Ya, some design are really shameless copy. Some just assimilate.
But for big company like Geely, I wonder those shameless copy is actually they got the permission from original company and rebadge to their brand.

the legal thing has nothing to do with neals priducts...

he tried to help a friend receive money on his aliexpress store

that store sells fakes :wallbash:

now they flagged Neals adress.

i hope they fix that asap

The road to hell is paved with good intentions :face_with_monocle:

Very true… :+1:

Also…. No good deed goes unpunished…… :person_facepalming:

Figured it could have been some outside business he was doing. But still, if Neal gave permission then it became Neal’s problem for selling fakes. Going to be hard to convince Levi Strauss’s lawyers that it wasn’t him, when the money was exchanging through his acct.

has everyone received their order/s?

paid 7 Feb, still waiting…

Still waiting for 1 bag and 3 covers.

I’m gonna wait 1 more week.

Nope! Paid 1/19 , waiting another week or so then requesting refund! Yes’ filled out survey last week.