Difference between Opus BT-C3400 & BT-C3100 v2.1?

I found your solution—might be a little quieter than the original

http:FAN NOISE of 12 FANS for 12 HOURS = BOX FANS WHITE NOISE FOR SLEEPING - YouTube

Did you watch that for 11 hours and 59 minutes?!!

Sure did——————————————-Not
That’s the rig I need for when my wife says I’M HOT and I’m watching TV with a blanket

there is no way to do it because it is the Height[thickness] that needs to be trimmed. If it was the width or length it would be doable.

You can not sand the fan down nor the other side where the spindle is!

I thought of a Fan transplant,that won’t work either because the Delta appears to be a solid piece and the interior is thicker than the Opus/Gb crappy replacement fan!

I wish I fooled with 3D printing—I would do a run of those custom bases that hold a 80mm fan
Are you sure your fan if getting 12 volts at the terminals—something isn’t right—the Gearbest replacement in the 3400 spins just as fast as the old one

CHOPS,,You inspired me!! Splicing was a piece of cake,,,my teeth still work!!

I still have modding to do but I filed the sides just enough to get it in. The depth disables me from putting the cover completely back on at the top.

It sound great,,,I am charging batteries now with it! A little higher pitched but working VERY efficeintly!

1.44Watts compared to 0.65W w/ Orig. opus fan!I expect good results,,,,,,,,,if so I am keeping this as my Primary fan.

For a simpleton like me this is an accomplishment!

To be continued,i will finish my work tomorrow and then take pictures of it in the Opus,,,,,,,I also filed the board a bit,,,that was a stumbling block to!! I have 3 of these babies!

It might help to put a desktop external fan by the opus. Not everyone has a window unit. But I have my charger like 2 feet on the counter where the cold window unit blows. Even without the fan I don’t see it overheating. A lot of the time the fan won’t come on and doesn’t stat on long when its on. During discharge it will stay on more, but the batteries won’t even get warm

There you go— This is BLF —We get stuff done around here—-I would imagine you could file some off of the housing to—make sure the fan works first

Pm sent

yyaaa, we get stuff done around here! :person_facepalming:

I fried the Opus and it had nothing to do w/ the Delta fan. I was trying to get it to fit better. I guess additional filing of the board must have loosened or shorted something out. I put the Original Opus fan back in to see if I somehow damaged the delta and that did not work either.

Live and learn,what sucks is I am out of work and w/ all this money[Lite-on/adapters/fans ect.] invested in the Opus I really can’t get another one right now.

Here is what it looked like. Not a perfect fit but it worked.It was not that loud and it dispelled air[CFM] equivalent to my car AC on low!

Dude—sorry to hear that—unfortunately that’s part of modding—been there many times
The whole charger doesn’t work or just the fan

The charger is cooked. I tried the original fan after the mishap and it did not work either.I am still not sure what exactly happened,filing the board may have loosened or damage a wire/resistor OR when I plugged in the barrel plug I forgot the charger was on and there was a spark,it never worked after that.

CAN PLUGGING IN THE BARREL CONNECTOR WHILE THE CHARGER IS ON SHORT OUT/FRY THE CHARGER??

I would kind of doubt it. I think my filing screwed it up.

You are right,it[mishaps] is part of modding even though I have little experience in doing that.

The bummer is the charger gave me 0.03v higher charge w/ DMM[4.18v] than the one I returned and it was much more accurate in capacity tests.

Throw in I am out of work and can not afford another one at this time. It was basically a $65 to $70 charger w/ all the accessories I had into it.

Dang… sorry to get that report wolfdog. :frowning: Does it have a fuse by any chance?

Have you tried a different PS or remove the barrel and see if it works—you might luck out and have just fried the barrel adapter

It should. They can be hard to recognize, got a picture of the innards of the charger?
The manufacturer should know what to look for and how to replace it.
Fuses (I’ve blown) have often been components that were soldered in place, not the see-through glass tube type.
You can check suspect pieces for continuity.

Wise caution. Don’t leave the dust around if you have kids or plan to.

I will try to answer all of your questions through this post.

It is NOT the SMPS. Jon from L.ionwholsale took care of me again. I could go on an on about how good he has been to me.

The new one is discharging my Orbtronics now.Lite-on is fine :+1:

I had to splice the wires of the fan because the connectors/plugs were different sizes…

I just looked at the wires of the fan and they were burnt!! Do not forget that it worked over an hour until I tried modding it more and filing the board, so it would fit better.

So ,when I plugged in the adapter to the charger, the charger was on. That is when I saw a small spark and nothing happened ,dead. that is no doubt when the fan shorted and in turn shorted the charger.I never thought about a fuse. Its too late now anyway.I completely pulled it apart last night to see if any resistors or wires were broken,the charger is trashed!

the batteries came off my new one[#3 in 2.5 months!] at 4018 w/ DMM,Very happy,I hope its discharge/capacity results are as good as Mr. Opus #2 who is being buried w/ honors tomorrow,fast Italian funeral!

damn,I did not think of that,filing the fiberglass and breathing in a little dust,it was not much filing,but still I am not doing that again unless I wear my Dr.’s mask!

An Old Man taught me a long time ago—start at the beginning—very easy to check with MM meter—sometimes the problem is the first/last place we look—I don’t put anything past that cheap crap we’re getting these days

Leave this one alone until it breaks——————————————LOL

Honestly I think I have had it w/ this charger,maybe one more shot.

This is doing the same thing as the Other 2 chargers,IT CAN NOT DISCHARGE 4 X 18650 @ 1AMP W/ out stopping for 3 minutes everytime it gets too hot.

I changed SMPS, I changed fans,same result w/ The exception was the one that just broke,IT CONTINUOUSLY DISCHARGED THE BATTERIES WITHOUT EVER STOPPING. It discharged my Orbtronic in 2h48m. at the 45 minute mark the voltage was 3.83V.This charger has been charging 1h25m and its only at 3.73v,guaranteed it will stop again in the next few minutes and rise to 3.78 or higher.

I know for a fact that someone who uses these a lot and in numbers only puts 3 batteries in for charge/test.

The spark was on the exterior where the barrel plug inserts.

As you can see from my prior post I have just about had it w/ Opus.

I will probably take this back and give it one more shot and that is it.

Again, the last one was perfect,this one seems to be the norm.

I do not know if others look at the charger as much as me. i look at it every few minutes when I get a new one.

This one and has the same SMPS[Lite-on] same fan[5v original],why can’t it discharge the 4 batteries like my opus that just died???