Difference between Opus BT-C3400 & BT-C3100 v2.1?

1. I am feeling fine I am human.

2. You MUST be paranoid,that post of mine was a generalization.

3. You need to stop being so judgemental and making a diagnosis like your a Doctor!

So Pipe Down and relax!!! :wink:

1. Excellent
2. Not in the least. “Generalization”… if you say so.
3. “Judgemental”…. :person_facepalming: Oooooo-K …… :slight_smile: . “Acting like”?

Sure… but I have been relaxed. :wink:

Moving forward ladies and gentlemen,,,,we are a family here!.........La Cosa Nostra Family.

Here is my take on NEV'S Opus w/ the Gearbest fan.

1. Gearbest bought them at even a cheaper price and they came w/ out a fan and put their own in.

OR

2.Gearbest took the Opus fan out and put theirs in and are selling the Opus fans on the Black Market or saving them!

3.Opus and Gearbest have a contract!

I would pick #1 as the more reasonable, Logical Wolfdog scenario...Possibly #3.

unsub

Cool…. Whomever my nemesis is, they are right on top of things. :+1:

I racked up a RUDE mark for post #557 .

Let the good times roll!!! :smiley:

(no wolfdog, just to be crystal clear; I do not think it was you…… even though you are a “yankee”. :smiley: … you have more class than that!! :+1: … :beer: …. it most likely goes back to someone from the “Cometa Wars”. But hey… it’s all good. :slight_smile: )

? Unknown Subject

That sounds about right……. :wink:
Soooo… let’s KeepMovingAhead. :+1:

Well, how about this 14lb., 15A worth of pure DC stability as your power supply:

/\\\\\\

That would probably work well…… :wink:

That is correct,it was not me. Someone would have to be more ruthless than that for me to put a mob I mean “rude” hit on them! :wink:

Moving ahead,I can ONLY speak for myself. I will use “I” instead of “we”.
———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

WHAT IS NEXT??

First I was obsessed with the SMSP,now the fans,what other part of Mr. Opus can I Analyse?!! :sunglasses:

I am working on my simple and basic “Chart” for the fan test. I am doing that w/ the Original Opus now, already did it w/ the GB fan and my Delta fans are due to arrive Thursday. I can only do One Charge/test a day,takes 9 or 10 hours.

Variety is the spice of life,how do you like the versatility of my Line dividers!! lol!

Looks nice,I would have to expand my flashlight laboratory to accommodate it!

Has anyone turn the fan round so it blows in instead of sucking out?
The sky rc mc3000 originally had the fan sucking out & they changed it to blow in for better cooling.

I am no fan expert but I do not see how that would be more effective. You are circulating hot air within the charger instead of dispersing it away and outside of the fan.

You would not be able to do it w/ the Opus fan anyway. Unless you modify the grooves. I would not even consider it.

I will see what speaker joes thoughts are[He is an engineer]

Maybe the SKY RC has vents at the posterior end of the charger to let the air out?? Otherwise, for the most part the air will be trapped.

I would think cutting some of the slats(every other one) from the under side to let better air flow would help tremendously—-Wolfdog you have a dremel—— years ago in High End tube audio we were all convinced our pre amps and dacs sounded better with the tops off—

^

No dremel here.Not a bad idea for chargers that get too warm/hot.

However, I will leave mine as is.

I know I have mentioned this several times. This Opus simply does not get hot,barely warm. I have felt underneath it after being on for 8, 10 hours it is basically room temp. on the outside.The Lite-on SMPS helps a little more w/ its efficiency.

My Fenix on the other hand gets very warm/hot. I got an exterior temperature of 132F/55C near the end of the charge cycle when it had 2.5h to build up heat. Then of course, my invention below!! I had a thread on this,It was very successful! lol!

iirc after using “Mr. Slab of Steel” the exterior temp was like 90F/32C. The 3.3Lbs. slab had absorbed 42F of heat!

I have had 2 of my Fenix ARE-C2 over 3 years,2Y 10M without Mr. Slab and somehow they survived and the batteries have thrived also!My Third one is 3 months old and will have the benefit of Mr. “Slab of Steel” their entire life.

It needs one of those Gearbest fans running on it————————-LOL

I think this would be epic. With a little planning & creative duct work, several chargers could be cooled…… really cooled; at the same time. :wink:

:smiley:

That certainly would do the trick! You would need 10 of them and the house still would burn down!! :person_facepalming:

Here is the update:

I got my Delta fans today. Unfortunately the 1mm in height difference would not allow the the fan to fit in the Opus. Also the connector was a different size. Speaker Joe informed me he was not sure if the connectors would match up w/ the Opus.

The specs are: 12v/0.12a/1.44w. It would have been fun to use it. Much louder but much more efficient. If I was a talented modder, I could shave the fan to make it fit and put the right size connector on it. That probably would not be too hard.

So here is the deal. I have received 9 fans and only One [Original 5V] has the possibility of working :person_facepalming: and for different reasons.That is testing at the moment.

For the hell of it I got a hold of a few more Gb 9 blade fans that are supposedly being used in new Opus now[NEV],.

It just failed like the other 3! During discharge after 1 hour it was @ 3.95v. Original fan was at 3.85v in 45 minutes. Ok,running a bit slow,so I watched it. When the voltage went back up I clicked to the mA and it read “0”! Just as another member suggested last week that the charger has sensors and will stop discharging until it cools. It was about 3 minutes before it resumed discharging! If I chose to complete the test I bet it would have taken at least 6 hours just for the Discharge.

I do not get it. NEV and chops have gotten these GB fans to work during discharge[?] Could I have possibly gotten 5 flukes?1 I doubt it. I have gotten a total of 9 fans and it appears that the only one that can handle the Charge/test is another Original Opus 5 blade/5v/0.13a/0.65w fan!

That is NOT confirmed yet. It is testing as I type.

UPDATE: The SPARE OPUS 5 blade 5v fan ALSO FAILED! This is not even funny anymore,9 F’ing fans and none can do the job[Charge/test] that the fan that came w/ the charger.It failed in the exact same way.

Also,there is NO modding the delta fan,it does not have a groove to slide in and any filing would ruin it.

Final verdict is that when my fan goes I will only be able to charge batteries UNLESS I want time consuming and inaccurate Charge/tests.

I want to thank speaker_joe for his efforts.They were donated to me along w/ a few barrel connector adapters that worked very well.

Delta fan below.5 blade/12v/0.12a/1.44w

Height comparison. Opus fan in front.

Connector/plug sizes.OPUS on Left. Delta on right.

I guess I’m gonna have to try one of the Gearbest fans in my 3100 —send me one of those Delta fans
better yet —cut the connector off of one of the Gearbest fans and splice it on one of the Deltas —just twist and tape them together for now—then just sand,file whatever you need to do to make it fit—what do you have to loose