Disappointed with my SolarForce L2P.

I'm using the SolarForce XM-L 5-modes. I might get the Manafont XM-L 3-mode later, noticed its way brighter!

@2100, I just thgt if it’s a brand new light from retailer, we should not need to touch up ourself with a marker pen. It’s supposed to be free of scratches or dents.
BTW, SolarForce had replied me within 2 days and request for the affected parts to be sent back. I’m happy with their after sales service and will continue to support the brand. :slight_smile:

Hmm.. None of mine have ever had any anodizing or bezel fitting issues. Battery rattle is down to the springs and of course the size of the cell used, I just put a small strip of rolled card/paper in to make it a little tighter and that stops any rattle.

They are paying for the return shipping?

No, I'm paying it myself. It's only about $2.00. I can afford that. :)

I understand that $25 isn't much but it's the principle of it. It's brand new from them and it's dented and chipped and they expect you to pay return shipping? I could see it if it was warranty work months after getting it but fresh from the package? Picture of the dents next to the shipping label should be enough to simply ship you replacement parts with no exchange if not just an outright exchange of the whole light on their dime. Even DX will refund shipping cost if they didn't simply ship the part or a complete replacement. Maybe I just don't get the whole Solarforce mystique enough to give them a pass.

They didn't mention anything about paying for the return shipping. Maybe it was my fault that I didn't clarified with them and en-quire about it. Perhaps my mind was too pre-occupied with getting the parts replaced asap. I'm not sure about SolarForce RMA policy, maybe I'll check with them in case you guys interested to know or have some bad parts to return. Or if anyone of you have return before, do share with us.

They asked for the affected parts to be return. Man, I just hope they don't take it back, touch them up with a black marker pen and ship it out to the next unsuspecting customer. That will be a very bad & dishonest practice. And if they do that, it's gonna be my last SolarForce light!

Figure out a way to identify the parts you’re sending back. Make a small mark on the inside of the part that would be overlooked. If you get the same part back you’ll know that way. Frankly I think it’d be easier for them to just grab a fresh part and ship it to you. If they are smart they will take the damaged parts to their supplier for QC adjustments.

They already took the L2P off the website. That time there were a couple of M8s which burned as reported by forummers and they took them off for a few weeks. Guess that's rectified now.

Sorry to hear about that, flame2000. Hope Solarforce Sales will live up to their reputation.

SB: I have the L2P in grey with the UF 3-mode XM-L from Manafont. The flaming Trusfires rattle, but not a lot. The worst thing is that the light is changing modes with these batteries when shaked hard. The XTAR 2600 are a little bit longer and don't show the problem to the same extent. I think the light is a few mm too long. I will change the battery spring as soon as I find a suitable replacement and hope this solves the problem.

I received my package of L2, accessories/drop ins and 18650/16340s. One of the 16340 is found to be 0 volts and they missed out one piece of my 16340. Is it safe to charge it up? (don't think so?)

PS. Update ont he case, they made good by sending 2 pcs of replacement RCR123A to me, anyway I made a new order today so they can tag along. Good cust service!

Like 2100 said, they took the L2P off the website. I have a friend with a sand colored L2. He likes it but now wants a recessed tail switch because the L2 switch turns on when he gets in his truck. I can’t get him a different SF tailswitch because even the stainless one appears to have black anodizing on it. He doesn’t want an L2i because it won’t fit in his holster. The only thing I could do is order an L2P. I see there is one from ITC on eBay but if they don’t have them on their website I’m wondering do they have any to sell on eBay?

If it is a protected cell, it probably means the protection circuit has tripped and will reset after a few seconds on a charger. Then check the voltage and if it is below 3V toss the cell. If it is an unprotected cell, toss it.

Has he tried the old ' shave a little piece off the nipple on the switch boot trick ' ?

I used this technique on my L2 and it takes definite effort to turn on and/or switch modes now .

inner diam. (tube): 18.90 mm, TF black diam.(max.): 18.25 mm. Non of my other lights suffer batt. ratling so noticeable. (and has less than 0.4 mm gap between batt and tube). Too big spring pression is not good. Will put a small strip of rolled card/paper as RedForest said, or a small piece of black tape.

My L2P, same as in 1st post, ordered from same seller hasn't any anodizing problems. In that order also ordered 2 x 16340 body tubes but regular 16340/18650 arrived. The answer to my e-mail was " right tubes sent" and tracking number with no additional questions. Received wrong tubes again - short 1 x 16340 tubes but that was OK for me. So their customer service looks good but somewhat disordered.

Jack, good idea. I just might have to try it.

Just a little shave , at first . You can always take off more , you can't put it back .

PS. Update on my case, they made good by sending 2 pcs of replacement RCR123A to me, anyway I made a new order today for a L2 and 2pcs of 18650 so they can tag along the shipment. Good cust service!

Hi there lg, welcome to BLF! Thanks for joining the fun!