Disappointed with my SolarForce L2P.

Thank you.

Aloha and welcome to BLF lg!

I'm still waiting for my L2P replacement parts. :(

Tracking shows package reached Hong Kong Postal Admin on 18-Jun. An attempted delivery was made on 20-Jun (refer to pic) to SolarForce but no one was around to receive it. So I drop them a reminder email on the 22-Jun to inform them of the package and was told they would send their staff to collect it from the Post office within a day or two.

Today is 25-Jun and the status on both Singapore and Hong Kong Post tracking still shows undelivered. L

Recently saw a notification being put up on the SolarForce sales website indicating the L2P will be out of stock for 2~3 weeks. Guess it’s gonna be a long wait. It’s been a very bad buying experience for me. :(

This seller actually warns in advance that many of their Solarforce M8 have small anodizing defects on edges. Text marked in yellow above the video screen. According to them, that would be the reason for the discounted price (which doesn't seem discounted at all?).

http://www.selected-lights.de/solarforce-l600-one-of-the-most-powerful-flashlight-in-its-size-class/a-897/

It's a good and honest practice if the seller warns buyers about the cosmetic defects on the lights they selling.

I received one with cosmetic flaws from SolarForce and till today, my return package is still sitting in the post office waiting to be picked up by SolarForce despite me informing them that the package had arrived on 20-Jun. I have sent them another email, but no reply yet. I'll see how long this drags on. If they have no replacement parts on hand for my L2P, I'll request for a full refund plus return shipping if there is such an option.

I'll probably never buy a SolarForce again after going thru all this. They don't QC when shipping out parts. Buying from them is like a 50/50 gamble. You either get a good light or one with nicks & dents. :(

Hi flame2000, just relax. They are probably re-doing the L2P batch, if you can't wait perhaps you can ask them to give you a L2X. I am sure they are not unreasonable people, i told them about my predicament for my 2 x 16340 and they immediately sent me 2 new ones. But then I did order a heck load of stuff, i think i have spent 250 bucks with them. LOL!

Or if one is really concerned about quality, can just get Olight/Fenix from a retail shop. In Singapore, Black Tactical carries some good stuff.

http://black-tactical.com/store/flashlights-fenix-flashlights-c-99_21_19

I'll just wait a while longer. But they should have picked up the package from the post office after repeated reminders since 22-Jun.

Probably too busy with their new L2T launched and sales.

Thanks for the link. Will check them out.

I want to believe this has been just a temporary problem, probably already resolved on their side. I have several cheaper lights without the slightest anodizing issue.

On the other hand, the only flashlight of mine that has recently developed anodizing chipping is the (now little used and never bumped or dropped) Fenix TK11. Could this proneness to chipping be a weak spot of HA (Type III) anodizing, although intended for heavy-duty use when applied properly?

Why don't you just make a small aluminum shim

Sorry for the blurry 1st picture, but this is just a piece of aluminum beverage can about 1/2" wide and about 2" long bent into a slight "v" and inserted with the bottom of the "v" against the battery. No more rattles!