Discussion: Group Buy for Custom BLF Triple Emitter Flashlight. LG 365nm, LG 385nm and Nichia 90CRI NVSW219BT-V1 R9050 D220

I know I said it earlier in the thread, but now that prices are out I’ll say it again - I’m in. I’d rather the triple option if we’re taking a vote, but I’d stay in on the double too.

Whether we can get 500 folks in is another matter…

I have been thinking of another option that might help us reach the 500 MOQ. Have an all UV triple. Delete the 90 CRI Nichia and replace it with a 395nm LG emitter. It will still be unique because there is no light like it out there.

395nm LEUVA33W70UL00 LG’s newest UV emitter
395nm LEUVA33U70UL00 LG’s last generation UV emitter

I have listed the last generation of LG emitters in this group buy for a cheaper option in case we can’t get to the 500 MOQ with the new generation emitter. The new generation of emitter wipes the floor with the old emitter. It can take twice the drive and puts out over twice (almost 3X) the output. And that is before we have seen djozz mount them on copper DTP and treat them like a rented mule. We might be able to safely drive them harder on copper.

I’m in for a double or triple UV, newest gen ofcourse :smiley:

Triple UV, newest gen, Cu DTP. Cu driver pill if possible. Anything with better performance than ZWB2 for 385 and 395?

I’m in whatever the GB elects. We hungry for UV! :bigsmile:

I have been testing a 385nm LG 3535 led (but did not find the time to post about it yet), and I find in appearance and use only a small difference with a 400nm led. I first even suspected that I was sold the wrong led, a 400nm one, but I confirmed that it peaks at 385nm.

Ergo, a 385nm 'in between' led may not interesting enough. How about sticking to LG and use LEMWA33X90GXxxxx for the white led, 5700K and 90CRI is attractive and different from what is out there already :-)

The new gen UV Leds do look good, but the specs appear to be incorrect. It says 1950mw at 1 amp, which looks about right.
However the jump to 3510mw at 1.5 amp is way too high. Their flux vs current chart says it should be @ 1.4 times the 1950mw or ~2730mw.

LarryDFW

Update - Manufacturer has agreed that over 3500 mw was incorrect.

I was thinking of the LG emitters when I ordered my samples but didn’t get them because I had to leave room on my credit card to cover a group buy purchase. I also wanted to hurry my order since they gave me a 2-4 week lead time.

Very interesting. You have my attention (OK, you had it already). :wink:

:beer:

Is it possible to combine the 365nm UV LG with an 850nm IR Osram Oslon and 4000K 90CRI ?
Or just the 365nm UV LG with 4000K 90CRI ?

Ooh, I love this idea! UV+IR+High CRI white. I want it!

But I’m still in on the multi-uv light too. Its just that i cant quite figure out what the multi-uv is for. I mean, is there really going to be that much difference between 365nm and 385nm? I’ve actually got one of the romison doubles from the “failed” buy and, other than the immense wall of purple that the 400nm puts out, I can’t really see why its useful as a UV emitter since the 365nm emitter is so much cleaner.

Whatever works out here though, I’m in either way. But I do like the idea of including IR.

Man, this looks interesting as a doulble latsst lg UV version.
Not going to order just yet, more to keep track of it to see where I am with cash the other side of Xmas!

Wow, this sounds interesting, almost like we need ANOTHER group buy with IR only :D!

Anyway, put me up in the interest list for one tripple, I have no idea what UV light would be useful for and how powerful it would be, ie, how far could it have its beam would work? But, anyway, if its UV without IR, still interested and yes, the more effective the emitter is, the better, its if 2x as effective then put in the newest one, 5$ for twice the performance is good investment.

Well, it will be hard enough to get to 500 (I think it’s plainly impossible), but with UV+IR+White, it would be even harder, because there aren’t 500 people on BLF that need a IR flashlight.

UV+UV+White sounds interesting.

If it is possible to get the LEDs on MCPCB + driver for that (I don’t like the stainless steel case), I would want that.

Hey, hmm, just a thought, can we get just a pill with emitters, say for Convoy S2+(I dont know if S2 and S2+ pills are interchangeable?)?

That could potentially lower the price and perhaps lower the MOQ?

Maybe, if MOQ is 500, which I believe for UV light is impossible to reach, we should ask Simon from Convoy instead, I know that if the idea is interesting and enough people speak about it he might find such idea feasible ;)!

I’m really interested in this project! I’m following you :slight_smile:

I like the direction this is going,I will be in on this also if possible.

If I’m reading the specs correctly, these are more efficient than the Nichia. If all these new LG emitters (UV included) are 1500ma stock, I wonder if they can handle 2000ma or more while mounted on DTP copper? J)

Maybe it might be cheaper to make this an all LG emitter light by adding a 500 count reel of one of these to the two reels of 500 UV emitters? The bigger the order, the less the emitters cost. Just an idea.

http://led.lginnotek.com/front/product/productView.do?seq=198

Product Family Data Sheet_H35C4 Series.pdf

LEMWA33X90HXxxxx New Product 5000K

LEMWA33X90GXxxxx New Product 5700K

Put me in for at least one.
I like the triple UV option with low pass filter but will be happy with whatever happens. :slight_smile:

I would prefer 3xUV with each having its own wavelength ;)!

Individually address each emitter is possible.

As for the driver modes, it should be doable if this $10 tri-color flashlight can have a high and low for each color.

http://www.gearbest.com/led-flashlights/pp_193397.html