Do you … ramen?

When I am sick, I will take a package of Chicken Ramen and add 2 additional chicken bouillon cubes. The resulting dish is VERY salty, but soon afterwards I begin to feel better. My theory is the salty broth soothes the throat and causes the body to retain fluids (the salt). Best remedy I know of. Anyway it works for me.

Red beer does that for me, tomato juice, salt, and then 12 ounces of beer.

It might be because it has less salt in it making it more diluted or something, but it generally takes more than the broth/soup you described, depending on how sick I am it can take 10 or 15 of the red beers to make me feel really well.

I was referring to the msg content in other cheaper brands, not the one in the op.

just got 48 packages for .17c a pop.

You guys get better deals then even in Korea. I’ve never been able to get any ramen below $0.70 per pack.

Yes, buy your hands won’t squeak, creak, or rust… J)

Nope, the cure for the common cold is a large bottle of Sprite, a can of frozen orange juice, and a pint or so of vodka. Apply liberally to internal organs at the first sign of sickness.

they are the dirt cheap brand, on sale. I don’t even know if any of the stores (other than the specialty ones) have any other brand. around here there are two: maruchan and nissin. Read the ingredients list if you dare.

I just realized that I could have knocked it down to .10c a pack with a coupon. Time to go back!

I dig them once in a while. But friggin high sodium though. I don’t care, really, but I had a friend who got sick from the palm oil since he ate so many when we were in college.

used to eat ramen for quick snacks.
no more.
sodium and msg mess with my blood pressure.

I like to eat certain brands of ramen only, but I seldom eat them for health reason. Same with some other people if I do eat ramen I only used half packet of the flavouring, and I don’t drink the “soup” like my friends do after finish my ramen.

I workout and practice martial art a bit so I don’t want to ruin my efforts by eating those unhealthy things too much, but I do allow myself a little indulgence sometimes though. :stuck_out_tongue:

Raised by a single mom in southern California. We lived on ramen, mac-n-cheese, tuna fish and hot dogs for most of my childhood. To this day if I eat any of that, it has to be from a nice restaurant or at least be restaurant quality. It’s funny how life works. Raising my son, he had access to a full stocked pantry and fridge. What did he eat? He would proclaim ‘there’s nothing to eat’ and he would eat ramen or cereal by choice.

Real Question is .......... How is it on threads ?

I think it is too low of a viscosity to work well.

Second real question, will it blend (before and after being used on threads)

Well, sorta - I use just the noodles as a base with home made chili over it AND separately I use the seasoning packet as part of a quick spicy chicken marinade (added to chili powder, variety of ground peppers, garlic, lemon juice, can of rotel and can of water then bake for an hour at 350) for several pounds of chicken. Whatever is left in the water base is tossed.

I've never had that version, but I bet it's real good with green onions and mushrooms too.

In France we can even find instant noodle in regular supermarket, not only asian market.
I often go to Thailand and thai brand (Mama, YumYum, WaiWai) are sold 10 baht (even cheaper if you buy a carton). It’s 30 cents USD.

According to a japanese poll, it’s the best japanese invention of the 20th century.

In Thailand, Mama (the first thai brand) is now synonym of instant noodle, as Kleenex in french is synonym for disposable tissue.
Is there in english the same? I mean in Thailand, when someone tell you “I’m so poor, I have to eat Mama everyday” the person mean instant noodle, not the Mama brand specificaly.

I like Demae Ramen, from Nissin (I think it’s manufactured in Korea even if Nissin is Japanese) and Mama, the export one which is slightly better than the one found in Thailand.

There was a chinese brand imported in France, 100s I believe and each pack was really big. They were good and big (sometimes I eat 2 pack of Mama if I’m really hungry). But one day it disapeared, I believe it was banned from France because it didn’t meet safety standards.

My wife brought me some Otogi brand ramen and they are good too. I think that at least on one of them it was marked without palm oil (the noodle are fried, that’s why it’s hard after being already boiled).

What did you do to that plate?

Did the plate get too hot? Cold surface?