Does your spouse have a problem with your flashlight fetish?

At first not really. Sometimes she will say another flashlight and leave it at that. But I come home from lunch. I check the mail she usually won’t check the the mail unless she is waiting for something. I’ll open it in the truck and bring it inside and put it in my flashlight bag. I’m always going into it anyway (like a small dufflebag). Sometimes I’ll bring it in and open it in front of her especially if it’s host and parts or a light I didn’t have to pay for. As long as a new light isn’t coming every couple weeks won’t say much if it is I’ll usually bring it in my pocket. I leave about 10 lights on the kitchen counter and rotate them out occasionally. She doesn’t pay that much attention anymore. But she ends up using one everyday to look for something or to use as a nightlight or walk around the house at night without disturbing anyone and takes one outside to go smoke since the porch light attracts bugs.
What bothers her is the 150+ 18650s I have. But hey the recycle bins call my name. Can’t turn down brand new power tool packs. She wants pink batteries for her power bank so I bought her 8 30q for it and havnt heard anything in awhile

We have one personal CC that other person does not have access to. I don’t ask her what she spends $$ on as long as it says below certain amount. She does not ask me what I spend on and an occasional purchase along with “seasonality” of gas/electric bills keeps the purchases under the radar. At the same time, I am trying to keep my collection to the minimum (convoy S2+, BLF A6, BLF Q8).

We seem to be married to the same type of girl…

:+1:

My spouse doesn’t really keep track of how many i have because she knows i have a ridiculous amount anyway
i get my lights delivered to my work and unpack and unbox them there then bring it back home as if its the one i took out for the day.
i had a night alone last week so i gathered all my lights from my car/work/home/garage and took a Photo

I don’t have an actual flashlight fetish so I guess I don’t qualify. I don’t have very many working lights at all.

My fetish is flashlight driver design and firmware development. The money she couldn’t care less about. What she does care about is something that you flashlight fetishists don’t seem to have issues with (not mentioned yet), and that’s time. I can spend a heck of a lot of time trying to solve those hair pulling issues that seem to defy all logic, and that’s time not spent with her. I can’t argue with that, so I balance it out and take it easy when development is casually going along.

My wife had an issue at first, then I think she spoke to one of her friends, because suddenly it wasn’t an issue, as it was “harmless”. If I mention a great deal on a light that I am considering she just says “buy it”. I suspect a friend compared it to drugs/alcohol/smoking/gambling and other harmful addictions which are completely foreign to me. We both know people whose lives have been ruined by alcohol and others who spend more on smoking than I do on lights, with cancer an issue as well. The only craving that makes me grumpy is if I miss a couple of runs or gym sessions, so as addictions go, one that has no withdrawal symptoms, health issues or side-effects other than cost is fairly innocuous.

A smart women is not interfering with the husband's ( or BF ) hobbies or innocent pleasures ! Point !...

Fetish? More like a disease, that peaks and valley’s! :person_facepalming:

Nope no problem with the wife, she just picks the best or most attractive modded lights and claims them as her own. Hell she will send me links and pics of lights that SHE thinks might be interesting to ME to mod………….yeah interesting to me huh…. right! :smiley:

You have to inoculate her against petty stuff and raise her concern threshold, from time to time look her in the eye and tell her you are addicted to crack, you are a furry, or you listen to nickelback.

yet another classic!

mine knows i am cheap enough that it can’t be costing that much

besides we do have good lights now, in every corner of a big house

wle

“they gave it to me, you know, to ‘review’, or something mumble mumble…”

My wife was very skeptical when the latest round of lights started showing up, but she definitely prefers me buying more flashlights to more knives lol.

I showed her the Q8 last night and it took some convincing for her to believe that, as far as such things go, I’m still a very low-level flashlight nerd. :smiley:

She seemed genuinely impressed though when I showed her how the ramping worked and how it lit up the room on max, she’s a keeper! :+1:

I have a bunch of MagLites from the 80s . I guess I had the beginnings of flashaholism back then and didn’t know it yet. I stick to budget lights , usually on sale, so my wife puts up with it. I tell her I’m getting back into electronics so it doesn’t seem as weird. Cheaper than buying guns, my other hobby.

Oh for sure she does but she also buys bags and stuff she likes so I would argue back.

Yes, she has a problem with it.

She wouldn’t say much, but when she does this 1 sec long blink, she’s had it/ticked/peed.

So I just keep my mouth shut.

She uses the lights I/we have daily, but I’m done buying for a while. I don’t have that many either.

She would if she knew about it. :wink:

Aah yes, the “slow blink” treatment. I hate that.

I’m not sleeping on the couch yet, so I’m tip toeing around the house to say on her good side.

And a Bushmaster was the first of another hobby that started years ago, that I had to stop also.

If she had to choose she prefers me into flashlights instead of what I use to be my hobby, (anabolic steroids). At least now she can’t blame me getting mad at something on the steroids. Basic run down it’s hard to keep bodyweight up in the desert with full bdu, ceramic sapi plates that hold in heat. And your rifle ammo and gear