DQG AAA Tail Clicky 1xAAA/10440 Stainless Steel EDC Flashlight $15.99

It appears (unless I misread) the gearbest version is different to the CQ version? Thought I would grab one anyone to try out… 2am here sorry if I’m not paying attention. Doesn’t matter if no momentary, but clicky works? on/off? change mode on tap?

Yes clicky works, tap to change mode

thanks

Definitely not a clicky in the conventional sense. Like others have said it’s more a squishy/pushy/spongey. Terrible feel, like nails on a chalkboard to me.

Mine has next mode memory for a couple of minutes.

Didn’t come in a bag or plastic or a container. It was just a bare light in the padded shipping envelope. The light came with a barcode stuck to it that I had to peel off and then clean away the glue residue left behind.

No o-rings included.

For a few bucks more why not get the 140lm model?

Because it’s a completely different light, is bigger and does’t take Li-Ions?

BTW: does anyone know if the DQG AAA Tail Clicky does have a low voltage warning/protection when using a Li-Ion battery?

I'm not to sure I have 8 Trustfire Black 10440 form fast tech and only a few work because of the button top are not that long, but they have protection, so you do not really have to worry.

I think it's better using AAA batteries, sure you get less light but you don't have to worry but battery drain on the AAA. I will check when I have time.

Dario you only have 1 post and it recommends a light from Banggood. You have no other posts do you have this light from Banggood, If so what are you experiences?

Are you SHILLING?

Not intentionally. In the other post somebody asked specifically about this light and I responded after seeing nobody else do so. I don’t have this light. I have the one I suggested as an alternative. I have no interest in Bangood - it doesn’t matter to me where people buy.

I’m new, don’t have a ton of experience with flashlights, and am trying to give some feedback on a light nobody else seems to have.

ok. These look far more similar to me than different. AAA stainless clicky. 2.54” vs. 2.76” - I get that this one is smaller. I just noticed that this one seems to have glow-in-the-dark. This one takes 10440, the one I have doesn’t.

I’m not seeing that much difference. I’d be happy to be educated on what I’m missing.

You can open a new thread about that light rather than post in this thread. You can talk to your hearts content.

The light you mentioned is nowhere good as this light, it's do not take 10440 batteries.

ok. So the advantage of lower light output with 10440 is longer run time? Not arguing - just trying to understand.

What how 2 is getting at, is not that the 10440 won’t fit, it will,but that the the light you linked to can’t handle the higher voltage of the 10440 battery (4.2volts) it will burn out the light

Just to add, if a aaa light can handle the higher voltage of a 10440 it will be much much brighter

Thanks for the info, but I’d like to use unprotected Efest IMR 10440s mainly for the much higher output. Also I don’t want to buy that many Alkalines…

I would appreciate it very much if you could check on your light if it has protection/warning. :slight_smile:

I get that - I know my light can’t handle the voltage of a 10440.

This light is rated at 60lm. I assume that’s for AAA? What is the output with 10440? The light I have won’t take a 10440 and does 140lm with a AAA. If this one is close to 140lm with a 10440, what’s the real difference between the 2? Or are you expecting significantly higher output with a 10440? 200lm?

It puts out 210lm with 10440.

I don't use my Trusfire 10440 as the are bright enough with Eneloop aaa not Alkaline.

Thanks. That’s a nice flashlight for $16. :slight_smile:

The output is nice, but it’s a shame about the mushy switch.