DQG AAA Tail Clicky 1xAAA/10440 Stainless Steel EDC Flashlight $15.99

I don't think it's really a mushy switch it's like the spring is scraping on the inside edge of the metal cap of the clicky . It's more of a skrunching . it doesn't bug me as much as the sharp edges around the top did but I can see how it could bug people . OTOH it's a lot of light for the money ..a much more attractive price from gearbest rather than the cnqgoods price ... making it an easy light to buy and try .

Small size ,nice tint 2 mode ,nice beam ,decent output , takes a 10440, tail clicky , stainless ,lightweight, cheap price , no funky pwm .... What's not to like ?

I do not think it has low voltage protection warning. Tried it with 10400 batteries but nothing

Finally received this from Gear Best. Shipped 10 days after receiving payment, (not good), and then another 31 days to receive it. Gear Best has by far the slowest service of all the Chinese dealers I’ve dealt with.

This one too came in a thinly padded envelope with no accessories and the large bar code sticker leaving behind a lot of glue to clean off when removed.

Seems like a DQG reject. Unscrewed the tailcap to install an AAA and the switch and spring fell out. Is this what happens with you folks examples? Takes a lot of fidgeting to get the light operational after installing the battery. Have to take the tailcap on and off a few times and rearrange things just right to get it to work.

If I get the parts lined up right and activate the switch several times, the “scratchiness” and “sponginess” some of you complained about is gone and it becomes a smooth but silent clicky but it’s a hassle to have to go through all that just to replace the battery. It also takes a fairly hard, deep push to activate it and I don’t care for that either.

It does have a very thin glow-in-the-dark O-ring under the lens but the faint glow fades quickly. Also, the split ring that came installed on it was too thick and I cut it off and installed a thinner one.

As others said, I had to smooth the extremely sharp ends of the tailcap but I’ve had to do that with other DQG lights.

The low and high beams are fine. All in all a “just okay” light for around $16.00 but if I would have known about all the hassle just to change the battery, I wouldn’t have bought it.

Just got mine. Have to agree on the switch - it’s very scratchy and does not click. Also have an issue with the sharp edges. Will have to file those down tomorrow. Like the size and the output. Shame about the switch.

This light in Titanium with a better clicking would be ideal.

Now that people are receiving theirs, are there any other reports on this light? Is it still worth buying?

Does the switch, spring and innards fall out of the tail cap on yours when installing a battery?

pilotdog68,
If you want the absolute tiniest AAA light with a CLICKY, this is it.

The tailcap has two threaded sections, one that holds the clicky/spring assembly and one that threads into the body. If you know which one to unscrew you will not drop the innards on the floor. See post 13 of this thread.

Is there any mod potential? Is there easy access to the driver and emitter?

Daniel,
My tailcap DOES NOT have two threaded sections. Only one and when you unscrew it, the pad with battery contact spring, switch and outer spring all fall out. Weird!

Hmm, on CNqualitygoods, you can buy an extension tube for $5. Tempting but I wonder what that does to the modes?

I have a problem with mine; I read in cnqualitygoods that it has a max step-down at 60 seconds; mine steps down at 1 second, it starts very bright but fades to approx the same brightness as using eneloops.
Do yours work ok with 10440? others mentioned using those batteries but no more comments, so I suppose mine is the only defective one

It happened to me today; It has two threads, but you are not seeing the good one. the thread intended to replace the battery is at the end of the knurling, impossible to see if you don’t open it. the other one, the one you are opening is only for the switch assembly
edit: you can see it here, taken from this same thread:

Lol, I wonder what envelopes you used! ;)

My auto correction also makes that mistake once in a while LOL

An envelope bought from you probably :slight_smile:
I’m editing it, thanks. I love autocorrect
EDIT: just on this topic, I asked the maker of DQG (can’t remember his name, sorry) about this issue, and he confirmed me it should be an step-down at 15 seconds, and my driver is faulty

Mooooo, you're still awake!! I thought Oxes slept before 8PM ;) lol

Isn't it something like 4:30am in Spain?

The maker is http://www.duqingang.com/

Exactly!

I can't sleep, clown will eat me! (Seems like the clown left bort alone...) and I'm a cow, not an ox! Oxes of this breed are much bigger

Moooooo. Im soooory Totilde ;) just jooooooking around!

totilde,
Thanks for that but again, like I told Daniel, mine DOES NOT have two threaded sections. There is only ONE. Mine must be a rare exception. Also, every once in awhile it won’t activate and I have to tap the light and then it will come on.

Aren’t these Chinese lights fun?

Gebe, I’m also trying to help you on this one, so please take an unbiased approach to your light. I had the same problem that you have, and I solved it.

Either you have a different light than we all seem to talk about (D.Q.G SS Slim AAA) or odds are very high that you indeed have two threaded sections.
I have 2 of these lights, both from Gearbest, both ordered with the coupon code, but 4 weeks apart from each other. Both suffer from the same nasty design flaw:

The thread that is supposed to open for the battery - the one nearer to the emitter - sits much tighter than the thread that holds the switch. When I changed the battery and tightened the tailcap by hand, the next time I opened it the switch fell off because the battery thread wouldn’t budge, but the switch thread opened easily. I exactly remember this moment, because I could hardly believe what I saw. You might know this feeling. I had to use pliers to open the battery thread, then I reassembled the switch carefully, tightened by hand again and saw what had happened and that the problem persisted.

My solution that worked for both lights: I reassembled the switch (apart from the light) into its two host parts and tightened the switch thread with two pairs of pliers. And since then I never apply a lot of force when closing the tailcap after I changed the battery. Nice light, by the way, I like this switch version much better than the DQG Tiny AAA I keychained before.

The battery thread, by the way, is virtually seamless, when tightened. It’s hard to see, as it’s at the edge of the knurling, and I was unable to open it by hand after it was tightened too much. So odds are pretty high that you have the same situation, just carefully use pliers.

And perhaps you stop using caps to make a point, I’m already quite tempted to give some funny remark on that, after you did twice now :smiley: