DRY 3xT6 vs TR-J12 5xT6 - Which one?

I was already overdriving the initial SR3800 rev 0 in DD, simply because it popped while i was doing > 20 times full bore discharges. That was even before the DRY came out.

To get 15 amps, you'd need at least 5pcs of very good performance 18650. Folks on Ebay sell those red ultrafires etc....and you already see issues like stupid flashlight does not light for > 2 mins, coz the regulation causes enormous sag on the lousy cells and so it cuts off via LV protection. Check out Manafont, though i think the product for SR3800 has been taken down. People were saying that the light sucks. I have also advised quite a few folks here.

Just simply cannot afford 3A per emitter, discussed before.....current drive already has a potential to cause "issues" presently.

Haha...."fortunately" I have never seen big head diameter budget flashlights that are shorty other than the RRT-3 XM-L and XTAR S1.... Unless they wanna squeeze 5 of them into the current DRY host. The reflectors are more or less there, i mean we have 5 x XR-Es. Too darn floody for XM-L though....

If tr j12 is driven 1,5a each led 5x1,5=7,5A (like in specifications) XML-T6 driven by 1,5A produces 543 - 582 Lummens, So it means 2715 - 2910 lummens ? It's more than fenix tk70 (2200lm) ??? i am right?

Not really, TK70 is 2200 lumens OTF / Out-the-front. This TR-J12 light is about 2000 lumens OTF and from the ceiling bounce tests it seems to be in the 1900L-2000L OTF range.

m. thats ok. in my contry fenix cost 625 litas - 236 usd. tr j12 only 70 from dx

You can get the TK70 for about usd180 shipped.

still too much.

P.S. can get some ka bar knifes? in local shops ka bar mule g10 is about 70 dollars.

I thought I was the only one who thought that the DRY was ugly.

Looks like a fat C8

Well you are right, but TK70 is still a better flashlight, it has current regulated levels,warranty, better threads and a lot more things.

BTW, when you calculate a led@1,5amp, the calculator does not take into account that you have next to it 4 other heat sources, it supposes that the led is independent. So, the actual numbers in the Tj-r12 will be lower.

This link was recommended for me in here: http://tomarskabars.com/

About the topic:

I had the same problem, DRY or TR... Took the DRY. Not much difference in price but DRY seems to be proven to work fine. Also, not so interested in longer lights. 26650 would also need another charger and batterytype so DRY it is.

I like the idea mentioned above as using multiple DRY´s as room / area lightning.

I would love to browse that kabar site but it is slower than a snail on sticky paper

Just FYI:

It seems TR-J12 can be run only with 2x 26650 batteries and 3x 18650 batteries. Batteries must be protected (long enough). You can not run this with KING KONGs (too short) without mods. Tube with extender is too long for 3x 26650, three long 18650 protected batteries will do. Fex. Xtar and Senybor, yes Senybor is great battery for me. I have seen mixed up tests for it though. I am puzzled...Surprised

Yeah, in that calculator you could actually tweak it via the heatsink row... the values from 1-5. If you are actively cooling it with ice or you live in Harbin China or something where -25 deg C is a very common occurence, you could even try 8 or something.

Works better from here than any of the china-seller sites ...

Can anyone confirm this??

No it can be run with both 3x26650/18650 and 2x26650/18650!

Btw I have reviewed the TR-J12 in the other thread about it and I'm awaiting the DRY 5A for comparison. The DRY will be a pocket rocket for show off and the TJ12 that can actually withstand longer periods of usefullness will be used in car and outdoor night activities.

It's actually good that after the first rev, 2nd rev already incorporated 4 levels of brightness. Actually the present DRY driver is the 3rd revision already.

[/quote]

No it can be run with both 3x26650/18650 and 2x26650/18650!

Btw I have reviewed the TR-J12 in the other thread about it and I'm awaiting the DRY 5A for comparison. The DRY will be a pocket rocket for show off and the TJ12 that can actually withstand longer periods of usefullness will be used in car and outdoor night activities.

[/quote]

Hi!

Thanks for the info. Which 26650 batteries did you use? I couldn't get it working.

checkout the beamtech4000 ,knave one otw as well the new dry

How are connected leds in tr-j12? In series or parallel?