Eagle Eye X6 Group Buy *Crash Test of the Sample - Pics & Vid added 9-6-14*

Thanks for doing the crash test, Dale! When I read the update in the OP, and saw the pictures, I started laughing out loud. My wife asked what was so funny, and I simply said “These guys are Crazy!!!” She didn’t comment. She was probably thinking something about a pot and kettle. :stuck_out_tongue:

Sir, your helmet…

Getting old, forgetting too much. I used to drive a lumber delivery truck, many years of making deliveries. I know all too well how things can go wrong on the road, having watched crazy stuff happen around me, and to my loads. I remember, now, how the dual wheels would pick up mud and rocks when on site and then throw stuff once up to speed. Sometimes a large fist sized rock would wedge between the 2 tires and only come out after being at highway speed for a while. That rock might skid, might bounce straight down the center of the road, or do any number of things.

Imagine that flashlight left on top of a car, accidentally. Once on the highway the wind can turn it, make it slide off and then go through the flips and bounces you saw here. And, potentially, take just the right bounce to go through a windshield and kill someone. Strange things happen. Meeting an oncoming car at 60 mph or more that light would have a 120 mph trajectory.

I told Mary on the way out there, if you did this 100 times, you’d probably get 100 different reactions and different damage every time. So many variables. I noticed that her short little self barely got the light clear of the vehicle! lol (she’s 5’ tall) Looks like it almost went under the rear tire as it hit the ground. That would have been cool! :slight_smile: (Unless it happened in such a way as to shred a tire, then not so cool.)

I also miscalculated how far it would travel. Thought I was beyond where it would stop. And I thought if it was coming at me I’d be able to side step it. Forgot that I’d be looking at the viewfinder at an apparent 28mm field of view, making the light appear nearly twice as far away as it really was. (we see at about a 47mm equivalent, more or less)

At any rate, it worked out and I’m pleased. Don’t know if I’ll clean it up or not.

Oh! You don't want that in your obituary, "Killed in a flashlight drive-by."

I'd have thought you would have aimed the camera the other way and had your wife toss it just after passing you. You couldn't keep it in frame as it passed you at 40-50mph anyway but might have been less exciting without the threat of capitation.

Dale mode is now a vector quantity as well I see. You should get together with Scaru for some more “testing”.

' Texas Man Killed By Flashlight '

pictures at 11:00

I am so tempted to ask for a comparison test with a name brand unit....but I am afraid that I will be asked for the donor. LOL

Came pretty close to tossing a Convoy C8 along with it, but the only ones I have are highly modified and I just didn’t want to do it to em.

Send me your light, I’ll kill it for you! :stuck_out_tongue:

(Will have to find another accomplice, my wife won’t do it again)

I dont know if you need an accomplice, a giant firecracker and handle bars looks simple enough… I think if needed to you could scale up a heap of little ones in place of the the large one if they are hard to come by.

I guess I could put it under the rocket and see if anything is left after the test.

Send me yours and I’ll do that…

I spent the afternoon cursing modding the X6. This is the stock one that I had for comparing the Special Edition. It is now sporting an MT-G2 and utilizes 2 Efest Purple 18350 cells. :slight_smile:

Charging the cells up for a tail amp reading, then I’ll get lumens. In the meantime, I’ll see if I can grab a pic or two of the X6 with a FAT emitter in it.

I got some lumens readings from the X6 MT-G2, with the 2 little Efest 18350’s freshly charged it’s pulling 7.17A and making 3485 lumens at start. Not much point in doing a 30 second measurement cause that’s about how long the cells will last! lol

Turbo…3484.5
High……1424.85
Med……318.44
Low…….52.37
Moon……16.11

Quite a handful of light this one is! :bigsmile:

Feeling the Force, you are.

Right about now I’m guessing you had that 18650 extension tube everyone wants. :smiley:

No, he said 18350's.

I have a pair of 18350’s crammed into this little light. Same as my Sinner Ti. More room in the Sinner light though.

3500lm out of that little thing? Yikes! Who needs those big A throwers?? Lol.

Dale may be on to the next X6 variation..maybe even with a 26650 tube necked down to match the existing head. Maybe Dale and Kronos can approach EE and Banggood with the idea. I would definitely be interested in a compact firestarter? Lol

The Special Edition X6, making 1220 lumens with one R140 stacked for 3.93A at the tail…

The X6 Nitrous, with MT-G2 at 3485 lumens from a BLF17DD Z pulling 7.17A at the tail…

I put the X6 in the limelight so no one could say I was pulling their leg on this. :slight_smile:

Both shots with the Canon G1X at ISO1600, f/5.6, 1/2 second shutter in Manual focus Manual exposure. The red oil drum in the center is 97 yds away.

There you have it.

Eagle Eye X6

Eagle Eye X6 BLF Special Edition

Eagle Eye X6 Nitrous

Sounds good to me. Anybody second the motion?

Added: If one compares the photos you may notice that the Dale version burned the leaves off of the botton limbs. Lol