Economical soldering station

Eutectic solder is 63Sn37Pb.
Lead won’t evaporate at soldering temperatures, not even close.

The only “fume extractor” I’ve ever needed has been a blow here and there coming off my cute mouth.

Cheers :partying_face:

You probably thought on Sn63Pb37 solder?

I did. :wink:

I just ordered Stannol Sn60Pb39Cu1 (535236 HS10 0,5mm)

I will see now if premium solder is any better than mechanic china solder I use.

Today I received Stannol Sn60Pb39Cu1 (535236 HS10 0,5mm) solder.

It is ok for wire to led mcpcb soldering. Very nice glossy finish.

It is also ok for driver to pill soldering. Sticks fine.

Do I have premium felling? Well… Frankly speaking no…

Mmm, it seems it is my turn now, and budget is tight.

Trying to make up my mind between the Bakon BK950D plus a few T12 tips and this CXG DS110T plus 10 tips Aliexpress offer (if the seller upholds/extends the offer beyond that timeframe, that is).

That T12 stuff with integrated heating element and temperature sensor looks good, honestly. How you doin' with it?

Cheers fellows ^:)

The handle is junk in my opinion.
Get something with a changeable tip and modern design with low temperature resistance between tip and heat element

Just a fraction of availiable tips for newest generation of Weller soldering handles

This is my favorite

What handle? The BK950D one?

That Weller stuff seems to be on the big bucks side of things for me now.

Cheers ^:)

Bks950D is not good

The other looks ok but needs a proper station to drive it with good regulation

Woke up with this sort of jazz this morning, honestly. I was going to get a DS110T in the first place, but got tempted with that T12 tip with integrated heating element and sensor stuff, because of that very kind of sh1te, precisely.

Nothing more, but nothing less, in all honesty; I am fast with math anyway.

Ordered on 2017/01/31, upgraded the shipping to “PostNL” for a few cents, though the packet has been delivered by “China Post”… and fast.

Microcontroller is an STCmicro, the ID numbers are blotched. :|

Not yet tested, but seems well built all-around.

I’ve bought this one

here https://toolboom.com/en/mini-soldering-station-goot-px-601/ a little bit more expensive but for me good one

A lot of links on aliexpress.com My experience with this shop is not good - I was waiting about 2 month to receive detail to cut mashine/ Is there are something quicker?