Elektro Lumens ST90 Search & Rescue, 2200 lumens, 150,000 lux

No, nothing bad happens if both switches are on, it is moot.

Wayne

Total protonic reversal!

That would be bad.

Thanks for the info, Wayne.

Welcome aboard, elektrolumens!

No Wayne this is not your first post here…. LOL!

BTW, just for the folks’ info, are you still offering the bling bling version?

Well at least it’s cheaper than the Olight SR95/95UT. And you don’t “waste” the battery pack.

Welcome to BLF, Wayne! I've seen your 'stuff' over at CPF and visited your website before. Very cool lights and I think for what you offer, these are great prices.

>>BTW, just for the folks’ info, are you still offering the bling bling version?

The silver hand made one is the prototype. It takes me a very long time to machine the ST90, so I do not offer these hand made. I tried it, just doesn’t work. I hired a machine shop to make the parts for me, anodize them HAIII hard anodizing. This way I can offer them at the price I do.

>>Well at least it’s cheaper than the Olight SR95/95UT. And you don’t “waste” the battery pack.

Less expensive, but not ‘cheaper’. The ST90 does not have a proprietary battery pack, you can use the 18650 batteries you have. The 18650 used should be rated at 1.5C at least, and definitely must have protection circuitry in them.

Wayne

Welcome Wayne! Like your reflector and have one just like it. Am waiting on a SR90 reflector to compare advantages, for my decision on the best for my PT121 red application. You do build some cool lights. Willie

Welcome to BLF Wayne, glad to see your still making awesome lights

Wayne, glad to have you here. That’s a fantastic light and im certainly interested.

My apologies for the rude underlying comment/questions. You will find
the pesky CPF’ish mentality exists in a small minority, simply treat it as extinct.

Good luck!!!

Who was rude?

Hi Wayne,
Do you have a smooth reflector for the ST90 ?

No, just the faceted one pictured. A smooth reflector would bump up the lux reading, but lessen the quality of the beam.

Wayne

Welcome to BLF! Sad to see you left CPF. I hope they treated you well.

I assume that means IMR unprotected cells are out. You may want to put “protected” cells only on your website.

No problems with me and CPF whatsoever. I just decided to put the money I was spending to have the forum there, to other places. So I had to let the forum I had there go. I still frequent CPF (not much posting now, though), and I plan on doing a banner ad there, eventually, over on the CPF side.

Only protected Li-Ion batteries should be used in any flashlight, even if it’s only a single cell flashlight. Li-Ion is a general chemistry designation, of which there are quite a number of chemistries. The typical 18650 battery we use can super heat if shorted, release hydrogen gas, and burst into flames, and that is why we should always have a protection circuit in the batteries.

The ST90 is not hard on batteries, and high drain batteries are not really required for it to function properly. 9 amps distributed between 4 batteries is only 2.25A per battery. 18650 batteries with a 1.5C discharge rate should be used and will work just fine, and, should have protection circuitry. If you should accidentally pop one in reverse polarity and it’s not protected, it may cause a fire.

When I ship a ST90 Search & Rescue Extreme flashlight, I include a sheet of paper with battery installation instructions, and also mention the criteria for battery selection. Usually if people are not clear they email me with questions about it. I do offer a ST90 combo, which includes four 18650 batteries and a charger.

Wayne

That’s why I use Orbtronic 3100mah…….

My thought’s exactly. Maybe kreisler deleted his post? LOL Anyway, welcome Wayne. I followed your work at CPF. Now that you have dropped in at BLF, I think I see one of your lights in my future :bigsmile:

Keith

I spent years on CPF, but the arrogance and jokes they constantly made about my cheap Chinese torches made me feel very poor and not in their class, but really not welcomed. Here I post on a $20.00 torch and everyone accepts that you are like them, just a guy with little money, but loves flashlights !!

Thanks to everyone for your answers and a warm welcome to BLF ………

Just bought my ST90 …… And this image says everything about Electrolumens torches ……. Thanks for building such a monster !
!!

Trying to resist urge to buy. J)