Elektro Lumens ST90 Search & Rescue, 2200 lumens, 150,000 lux

Nice to see you here wayne. I was wondering with your blaster sst-90 is there a way to use the ST-90 head to get good throw off of 3d batteries?

Some beamshots in practical situations would be great! I want!

I am making a good on hands review for my YouTube channel and will post a link when it goes up in the next couple of days.... >)

Definitely looking forward to ^

I’m on it like white on rice !!

Resistance is futile!

Wayne

I suppose a machinist could make an adapter to fit the big head, which for the body to connect to the head, has 2” approx diameter opening, to the smaller diameter of the D cell body. I actually have made a head to fit a Blaster Body, but decided not to go that route at this time… ( I’m not selling the bigger head for the Blaster, so don’t ask. ) Four 18650 in parallel power the SST-90 LED at a higher power level than 3D NIMH batteries, which is the primary reason for the use of the 18650 batteries. I could use 4D cells with a resistor, but the power load of 9 or 10 amps on NIMH D cells seems a bit much for them, (have to use a high wattage expensive resistor too), I have fried a D NIMH doing this, they just got so hot. The load on 4 18650 is nothing for the batteries, very easy on them, with very little internal heat generated. Using four 18650 as I am seems to me to be a good solution. Doesn’t mean I cannot make a Blaster with the huge head, though, I might do it some time in the future.

Wayne

Looking forward to this. I would hope it would be okay to also post a link to your review from my web site, and from my Youtube channel.

Wayne

Are there any independent reviews of this light? Thanks!

Not that I know of.

Wayne

Welcome to BLF

I always wanted an SST-90 that’s an awesome flashlight, thanks for sharing with us.

No problem Wayne… I like offering info from what I see as an everyday user. Some reviews are from an individual that receives a light, touches it, takes pictures, measures amps and watts, and puts it up in a shelf ! I have seen videos of lights out in the dessert, out in caves, and some getting smashed by rocks ! A torch has to see the real field and conditions that give it It’s reliability… :wink: Mine will be home in a couple of days and then I’m taking her on a date in the woods …

My door rang and the postman was there…… Gave me a big box and inside was this ……. :slight_smile:

YouTube Video:

Triple post! :P

So nice, he said it thrice…

I would be excited too !

Mom and baby reunited ……

Woooow.

Is this normal sized King???

Thanx for the pic.

This ST90 is really interesting flashlight :smiley:

Yeah, that’s a regular size King ! I’m waiting to get dark…… Thanks for the comments….

All I can say is: WOW!

My first beamshot ST-90 ……
!!