Emisar D18 introduction

The lens may touch the TIR assemblies with the cover plate removed, but even if it does it would mean that the o-rings aren’t getting compressed for water tightness. That cover really is thin, but I don’t know if the light would fare well without it… I don’t have the D18 here now so I can’t look at it again for context.

Dang Hanson, glad I didn’t run into that… took me almost 3 hours as it was!

What makes it worse is i just took it apart for my gee whizz file…didnt even mod it.

Did you remove any of the little TIR assemblies? They’re Really Small!

I didnt. I have a bare MCPCB on the way and plan to swap LH351Ds, so i figured id wait until ghat shows up.

I really enjoy the d18 without the black cover

I really don’t understand such a statement trailhunter, does it make a difference to how the light works? It’s brighter, more focused, throws further? Or do you just like using it in a partially disassembled state like someone that drives their pickup around with the hood off?

The looks of it, is what you enjoy? Seeing all those little TIR assemblies jumbled together?

Purely aesthetic. It doesn’t affect beam pattern or throw.

But what I dont get is that you had mentioned its needed but doesn’t seem to be, so we think it’s due to vinh making the pots higher and thus, pressing on the glass? I’ve read of others doing the same on stock d18 and it hasn’t been a problem (at least, not yet)

The little TIR’s holders legs fit in pretty snugly, if there’s a little room for any of them to move up it would change the beam, I don’t know if they would or even could as they are in there pretty snug. But if they could get raised and alter the beam then it’d be in my light that it’d happen, as my luck just runs that way.

Obviously, if something was designed in and then removed, there is a parameter skewed somewhere unless something was done to account for it.

The black cover needs hydrodipped in a night sky theme.

HAHAHAHAHA :smiley:

I couldn’t help it! lol I HAD to meme it!

Lol, couldn’t help myself. I had a cousin that drove his pick-up with no hood for years, basically to spite his step-mom. I mean hey, ya got a blown chromed engine then yeah, show it off. I like how all those little TIR holders look too , can’t blame anyone for baring em.

Oh yeah! :sunglasses:

what is that a halogen light? the nerve.

Trypophobia.

Don’t google this word. NSFL :confounded:

I think (my personal opinion) is that Vinh’s mod makes it look worse, seeing the wires in the middle is UGLY!

That’s part of the beauty imo.

Vinh was able to squeeze out 15k lumens with w2.

I think removing the black plate was a special request from Vinh’s customer and not part of Vinh’s standard mod.

I like mine topless