Emisar D3AA is available now

Phantastic light but double the LEDs and double the thermal dissipation loss of the D4 in an only marginally larger host. It's gonna be very very toasty.

Looks like you need the D18 floody version, it can be used as a phantastic light.

9 colors trit options, choose your own KR4 tailcap

Too late for me, my KR4 has already shipped, will have to get it on next order.

Okay gotta say, that orange is just amazing, especially in the cyan light.

Just havenā€™t been able to find anything definitive on whether theyā€™ll make it through customs in Australia.

I totally agree, would have added the orange to mine if it hadnā€™t shipped already.

I got yellow on blueā€¦and itā€™s shippedā€¦canā€™t wait

Do you plan to do a headlamp? The mule head would be more appropriate for it I think.

I hope so, Iā€™m waiting.

Hank, can you include flux bin and tint bin info for the sst20 in your sales page? Would make things so much easier.

Looking good! Nice photos too, colour wise they look pretty accurate to the other trits I have.

+1

Mule lights work very well for photo fill lighting, as Hank said. For example, the D18 can operate without optics, and illuminates an entire room very evenly. When pointed at a white ceiling, it makes a global illumination effect which pretty much eliminates shadows.

To reduce the amount of light needed, it can also work very well to bounce the light off something smaller and closer to the photo scene, like the inside of a white umbrella.

Something seems a bit off about the pocket clip shape.

TK, will you be posting a review of this one?

Iā€™m also interested in a size comparison with FW3A and D4.

How bright are the trits? Like aux low or less?

Less.

Thatā€™s not fully true. Itā€™s true w.r.t typical single emitter zoomies - but nothing prevents one from building a flood-centric zoomie with many emitters, the shelf space is there (not as large as with a mule but hey, these donā€™t use the whole available space anyway, I guess one could get even more with a zoomie despite the zooming mechanism taking space.

And stepdown would be even quicker. But not much, much, much quicker.

Very true. You could have a solid wall of emitters behind an aspheric lens. In flood mode have them all on for massive flood. Then in spot mode just have the center LED on for max throw.

But so far, nobody has built a zoomie that does that. For basically all zoomies you can buy nowā€¦ an 8-emitter D4-sized mule will produce far more lumens at peak output than any similar sized zoomie that is currently available.

Indeed. Clemence has hinted that he wanted to make many-emitter E21A boards. These could be used to build a flooder like that.

For flood + throw thereā€™s nothing suitable on the horizon. And thereā€™s a number of problems with itā€¦

• CSP array seems like the most natural option but CSP emitters donā€™t throw well
  • Non-CSP emitter in the middle will cause the light to suffer from donut hole in intermediate beam (but probably not full flood)
  • cooling large arrays of CSP emitters ainā€™t easy. DTP would likely help but to be done well it needs drivers that regulate on the positive side
  • when driving the central emitter separately, trace resistances are an issue, limiting the possible array density

Any Ozzie receive KR4 yet?

im very tempting