Emisar D3AA is available now

Ok thanks,70C is good enough for me. TN42 is automatically set at 80C[176F].

In Thermal configuration mode How does 1.CURRENT TEMPERATURE Calibration progress/transition into setting 2. Temperature limit? Is it a continuation or do other clicks have to be done to enter that phase?

Thanks

Thermal configuration
Look at a thermometer to check the current room
temperature. Let us assume it says 21 Celsius.
Turn the light off and wait for its temperature to settle
to room temperature.
Go to TempCheck (from OFF: ā€œClick Click Clickā€. Ascend
with double-clicks three times)
When you are in TempCheck, then click 4 times to enter
thermal config mode, and calibrate the sensor.

Thermal config mode has
two settings:

1. Current temperature
    Calibration. Click once per
    degree C to calibrate the
    sensor. For our example,
    the ambient temperature
    is 21 C = click 21 times.
  2. Temperature limit. This
    sets the maximum
    temperature the light can
    reach before it will start
    doing thermal regulation
    to keep itself from
    overheating. Click once
    per degree C above 30. For example, to set the limit to
    50 C, click 20 times. The default is 45 C (15 clicks).
    Hint: If you donā€™t click, the lamp will leave the value
    unchanged. The lowest value the user can set is 31 C,
    by clicking once.

I waffled and waffled on ordering a K1. Glad I couldnā€™t decide. This 90.2 emitter pushed me over the edge in a heartbeat!

I just getting ready to pull the trigger! :sunglasses: ,now wait is there a COUPON CODE? COULD NOT FIND ONE

Looks like a beautiful light, made well, obvious power and a fair price.No doubt with better results than the FT03 WITH SBT90 that has a faulty reflector. A lot of disappointed members, understandably so.

Now I just have to figure out the all the steps to change the thermal temp. regulations! :smiley:

Thanks Hank,my first light form you. You seem very responsive and helpful and you are putting out a quality torch. :+1:

Am I the only one who was much more excited for the XHP35 HI?

No coupon code, price is very fair as you mentioned.

OK,No problem,pulling trigger now,it is a fair price :slight_smile:

I think the XHP35 is neat, and I almost got the 4000k version, but the SBT90.2 is something I donā€™t own yet and I wanted to see what it can do.

I ordered the 3000k one, I like warm throwers. Also since we donā€™t know the bin and cri, I assumed 3000K would render reds and brown better than the 4000k one.

After initially selecting 4000K, I switched to 3000 because I have yet to try a thrower that warm. I suspect itā€™ll end up swapped to 4000K because I have those in 80 CRI (and on another continent, to be picked up when travel is a thing, in 90 CRI).

Very curious on how the xhp35 is in 3000k in this light. Please share your impressions when you receive it :slight_smile:

Sbt90.2 looks amazing with regards to what it can do on turbo.

Any idea when the E21A version of the KR4 will be available? I want to order them together to minimize packages.

Just curious, is the K1 head diameter bigger than the FT03S head diameter?
If so, then the K1 with SBT90.2 should possibly out-throw the FT03S with SBT90.2?

Itā€™s hard to say, our E21A LED package is stuck on the way for 2 weeks, no one can tell when it will move again.

Slightly, but the quality of the K1 will be much bettter and very competitive priced

Just ordered, thanks again Hank :smiley:

Nope, been waiting for XHP35 for a while and ordered one in 4000K as soon as it was available. I have a couple lights with SBT90.2 but now Iā€™m thinking I might need this one too. Waiting for KR4 E21a as well. My poor walletā€¦

Since white flat and SBT90 are both intended for use in projectors, there might not be any warmer tints in the works.

You can see the datasheets for example of Oslon Boost HL, there is no warm white for ā€œwhite flatā€.
There are roughly without getting into details, 6500K to 5000K, nothing warmer than that.
And you can easily suspect something at 5000K will be lower brightness than 6500K (as a brightness bin)

As for SBT90.2 you can also look into the datasheets and see 7000K, 6500K and 5700K are the only CCTs available, nothing warmer than that.

Just ordered one.

That one has a boost driver. :slight_smile:

Itā€™s the first boost driver Iā€™ve ever gotten to run my code on. I donā€™t know what the efficiency will be like, but Iā€™m guessing it should be significantly higher than any of the linear drivers currently in use. It probably also opens the door for running LEDs in series, and for mixing LEDs of different typesā€¦ so Iā€™m hoping to see more like it in smaller lights.