[Ended]Groupbuy : Utorch UT01 (XP-L , AA & 14500 battery , e-switch etc)

I’d like a code if available.

As kramer5150 show, thx for picture.

Opps manker it was…. :partying_face:

Mine came in yesterday, got in some testing last night - it's the NW version. Bad news - really, really flaky. Won't turn on or change modes consistently. Feels like the switch is working fine, but very intermittent - not works more than it works in attempts. Cycling power doesn't help. Seems like the cells are really tight in there - BT cells are super tight, but don't think that explains all the flakiness. I'll need to troubleshoot it. Was planning on fully modding it anyways, just might have to do it sooner than later. Same issues with a Eneloop or 14500.

I really, really dislike dealing with GearBest support. Very bad experience with them in the last few days over a defective charger, and not a cheap one - the SkyRC MC3000.

I have the same problem with mine, the switch is really bad and renders the light unusable. But I contacted gearbest support and we found a good solution.

Ahh, good to know. I probably should contact them - least get some credit or something, and I'd still mod and/or fix the light anyways. Did you have to send a video?

"Send us a video - must be 2 bytes or less"

Oh My Dog.
Tom ordered his on 12/5 (says a ‘search within this thread’) I ordered mine on the 14th, so I still have about a week to go. Sorry to hear that you got a flake, I hope they make it right without having to jump too many hoops.

Think how much code you can stuff into an ATTiny once you figure out how to compress a video down to 2 bytes!

My delay is with the International Bridge. Arrived in US prior to December 7th, should be delivered in a day or two:

December 21, 2016,
12:21 pm
Departed USPS Destination Facility
SANDSTON,
VA 23150
Your item departed our SANDSTON, VA 23150 destination facility on December 21, 2016 at 12:21 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.
December 21, 2016 ,
9:59 am
Arrived at USPS Facility
SANDSTON,
VA 23150
December 21, 2016 ,
7:03 am
Departed USPS Facility
HYATTSVILLE,
MD 20785
December 21, 2016 ,
5:46 am
Arrived at USPS Facility
HYATTSVILLE,
MD 20785
December 20, 2016 ,
11:27 am
Departed USPS Facility
BIRMINGHAM,
AL 35222
December 20, 2016 ,
4:34 am
Arrived at USPS Origin Facility
BIRMINGHAM,
AL 35222
December 20, 2016 ,
3:19 am
Accepted at USPS Origin Facility
HUNTSVILLE,
AL 35805
December 15, 2016 ,
11:59 am
Departed Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item
HUNTSVILLE,
AL 35824
INTERNATIONAL BRIDGE
December 14, 2016 ,
1:03 pm
Arrived Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item
HUNTSVILLE,
AL 35824
INTERNATIONAL BRIDGE
December 7, 2016 ,
7:54 pm
Departed Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item
INTERNATIONAL BRIDGE

Cool, thanks gents for posting this. I was able to program in the LOW-low candle mode on both the E11 and UT01. This mode is very important to me, even more so than the brightest modes. Output exactly matches the candle mode on the 4Sevens quark AA these lights are intended to replace.

So far so good on mine regarding the E-switch and reliability although its only been 1 day.

Nice creamy white color tint too on the UT01. The Manker is a noticeably more yellow color tint, even though both are the NW versions.

same as manker interface actually, even setting the levels
at least that is what the u11 does.
wle

Some batteries fit/others don’t…some switches work/others don’t…‘wacko’ delivery schedules…tint lottery…if this thread doesn’t personify the overseas experience at unheard of prices (delivered) for the uninitiated…they’ll never understand. :wink:

LOL yep all part of the BLF experience.

My current fave work light (astrolux e02) just sh1t the bed last nite. This will be its replacement when it arrives via international bridge. I love side switch lights for work.

Is a coupon still available for this product?
I would be pleased to recieve one.

This I read at the beginning

Groupbuy will be closed 15th of December , that time coupon will be sent and stock will be available

COUPON NOW AVAILABLE

Maybe too late?

It’s still available .

Sending PM now

I bench tested the driver from my UT01 last night and it was rock solid - could not get it to flake or fail even once. So, think'n it's a possible partial short on the LED+ wire because it's soldered little too close to the edge - can be fixed. I'll replace the super thin stock wires (maybe 26 AWG) with 24 and re-solder so less exposed on the edge. Also will add some solder to the contact ring on the battery side of the driver - think the contact may be flaky there. Could do the same thing to the tail/spring PCB. Also add NO-OX-ID. Think those mods will clear it up, but won't know til I get a chance to do all that.

The MCPCB is thin aluminum at 0.95 mm thick, and is 14 mm in diameter. I'd replaces it with a SinkPAD or Noctigon sanded down to 14 mm and sanding down the thickness to where it's little thicker than the stock MCPCB. I'd also sand down the centering piece to get the LED into the reflector a little more.

Again, wait'n for the 4000K XPL2's to arrive from Arrow.

please may I have a code & price too please

How did you get the driver out?

Bezel came off easy, reflector out, de-soldered the LED wires, then poked thru a wire hole with a solder pick tool, applying a little pressure and the driver came loose. It's simply press fit in, but it's two boards in parallel, stacked. The switch is mounted to the top board, actually at the top end of the pill opening. So I was actually pushing down on the top board, but still worked out fine.

I followed the same process , I changed led in one with a nice xp-l hi v2 3b .

ordered 3