ENEDED

Pill-less design

From the look of the photo, there may not be enough room for 15mm.

See above

Will let you guys know if it is possible to buy separately.

L2 is a very popular light but it has been discontinued for long time. I remembered I missed the $13.60 because deal was for US warehouse only.

Back in March, Simon told me that there will be a Convoy L2 2015 version... Hope it will arrive soon.

I am interested in 1 with the extension.

I sure hope the 2015 version comes real soon!

I might be in for a couple of the ones with a single extension if we get the price in the low teens.

How many teens are you willing to sacrifice? J)

29 June '15

• There are only 50pcs remaining at supplier's end. If we need more than that amount, at least another 300 pieces order is required for 2nd batch (unlikely to happen).
  • Host will be around $17/set (w/o extension tube) if we have confirm buyers for that 50pcs.
  • Extension tube will be available for purchase separately IF supplier has sufficient stock (check now).
  • If we have less than 30 confirmed pieces, I suggest not to proceed with this group buy.

Does someone have a picture of the emitter slot?

I’m interested, but it seems like this host might not be available in the near future? Thus, the supplier will only manufacture on a large quantity, pre-order basis? If this ends up to be a great host, that has lots of modding potential, I might be interested in buying many more, but it seems the future of the host is unsure. That’s my reason to not be interested.

Original Convoy L5 comes with removable brass pill, but the photo provided by supplier seems to be pill-less.

This particular OEM host has been around for a couple of years. There are several variants (complete light) in the market right now at various pricing. I foresee the model will exist for at least the next 1-2yrs.

How much does the extention tube cost?

Please do not forget me in your list :slight_smile:

If the host + ext. tube is <22$ I’m in for 2 hosts

One for a MT-G2, one for a XHP70

Added. Will find out the price for the extension tube soon.

Any pics of the emitter (mcpcb) shelf? I would be interested in (2) if the shelf is flat/ no drill hole? With extension tubes of course. I have the Convoy L5 with a FETDD-MT-G2 in it and the brass PILL was sloppy, I had to solder the threads and get an interference fit for heat transfer, so the integrated shelf will be the way to go with a big emitter, as long as it is flat! :wink:

Not 100% flat. You can see that there is a "dimple" on the surface. Bad news, supplier mentioned that stock host does not support MT-G2. I have not seen the actual model yet, most probably is the reflector hole is too small to fit the emitter. This can potentially be a deal breaker, as most buyers intent to make a MT-G2 setup including me. Will you guys be still interested if you have to manually enlarge the opening?

I’d still be interested

Having to bore a reflector for that emitter is almost a given. Its not the end of the world, you can do it will either a drill bit, or a good sharp razor knife will even work.

0-14mm High Speed Tapered Drill Bit

1/8-1/2 Inch(3.18-12.7mm) Wood Chamfer Taper Tapered Reamer

I use these with great results, leaves a clean round champhered hole, self centering, run at very low RPM, and it will not GRAB and BREAK out like a drill. Use the single cutting edge bits, the multi fluted bits cause chatter. I have opened up reflectors to almost the size of the mcpcbb/star (careful fitting) and the reflector will self center on the board due to the Champher Angle and the leads will be inside the emitter hole resulting in zero shorts. (try that with a drill bit?) Helps to get your de-domed emitters deeper into the reflector for better focusing. They come in a variety of sizes. http://www.homedepot.com/p/Vermont-American-1-2-in-Countersink-Bit-16643/204300477?cm_mmc=shopping-*~~bingpa~~*~~25~~\_–204300477&ci_src=328768002&ci_sku=204300477 Uni-bits work just as well but can be expensive unibit+step - Price comparison and buying guide

List updated. Supplier is on holiday last week, I try to get hold of a sample soon. Looks like 50 may not be difficult to reach. .

I have never tried to bore a reflector before. Did a quick search, replacement for this particular SMO size seem hard to find. I afraid a mistake would become a costly one.

All the more reason we need enough people in here to get the MOP reflectors made.