ENEDED

Holster fits perfect for S41S, I bought some more also perfect for convoy S2+ and Maglites XL series (or like alternative holster for Lumintop Prince):

+1

That’s a really nice LED. I am currently working on a light that has three of them.

I have two Solarforce lights with single drop-ins. One with 219B-V1 R9050 sw40, one with sw57 R9050. If I compare these two I prefer the warmer LED, red tones look even nicer with it. But if you compare the colder one to cw or nw Cree LEDs, that’s where it really shines and you realize how good it is.

This is how mine looks now, i haven’t done anything to the head, it just tarnished by itself. It seems like there is no coating on the copper. It is not bad looking but i prefer shiny copper with the inox steel body.

+1 :D

Kudos to Neal. He only took one week to come out with this holster after I shown him mine.

Even with the coating, the patina is inevitable. It’s just a sure thing about copper. I think the coating on my BLF X5 lasted a week.

In the really long run probably true.
But I’ve had copper panels outdoors lasting >25 years without oxidizing, so it’s all down to the quality of the varnish.
(Outdoors you normally don’t coat copper at all, since the resulting greenish oxide color is something that is desired by most people.)

More pics: http://bbs.8264.com/thread-5356005-1-1.html

Nice! :slight_smile:

My Flashlights arrived with SC tracking number.

- Silver Nichia: little issues/damage on the optics, but it lights up well. Turbo-Stepdown-Problem.

• Colored XP-G3: blueisch on arrive with all emitters, getting more blue in the beam during Turbo-Mode. Hardly damaged optics. Turbo-Stepdown-Problem.

Filled out the Google-Form. (I filled it 3 times. The first time I did a mistake.)

I can not get open both heads.

Got the replacement heads for the XP-G3 and 219B. Both work well.

My Nichia is absolutely superb. CRI (Ra) 93, CRI (R9) 77 with a CCT of 5000 K and no tint shift at all (tint deviation 0.0006) unlike some of the earlier S41 samples.

The Cree on the other hand is very cool at 7000 K. It’s tint is actually below the BBRL and very visibly purple/magenta, not rosy like the 219B we all love. The area around the cool/purple hotspot is much nicer in tint, 5600 K and tiny bit on the green side.

And yes, mine are not glued. The bezel comes off very easily.

Thanks maukka, looks like another nichia for me.

Tempted to gold plate the copper section, think that would look sweet.

I submitted the google form, did a ticket on the banggood order site with pictures of my melted optics, as well as sent emails to cservice@banggood.com and order@bangood.com and they replied with some runaround about how the head is very expensive and they won’t replace it. I then wrote a review for the product on the site indicating my issues and gave a bad rating, and quess what? My review doesn’t show up! So apparently they are censoring negative reviews?!

Freeme, can you help me out? I filled out the form at the beginning of the thread and submitted tickets and emails to banggood, and they said they will not replace my defective light. Any help would be appreciated.

Interesting. That’s the S41S, or should I say the S01… :wink: I looked at the “More pics” link and noticed two significant things. First, they show the head disassembled, implying that theirs is not glued? Second, it appears from the picture of the inside of the head, that the S01 has the modified head with the little protrusions for the optic to rest on.

t1w1500h1500x9m1!

I wonder if they sold any of the ones without the modified head…

So does this mean that Mateminco is making the S41S? It appears that way.

That would look interesting.
Post pics of the process too ?

The design problem continues, the outer ring of the star is positive (anode).

I will check with them.

Just took delivery of two first-batch S41S lights, Nichia version. All emitters on both lights seem to be fine, although I’ll be watching them like a hawk until I’ve run them in a bit.

I’d definitely be interested in buying a couple of second-batch heads for the extra assurance, though. I’d use the first-batch heads for parts and mods.

Would Banggood be willing to sell second-batch heads on their own, with a coupon for first-batch owners to buy them at a substantial discount?

It would be a good way to improve their standing on the issues we’ve had.

Thanks!