ENEDED

+1

Here’s an idea to help justify selling heads on their own: Banggood could market the Lego-ability of the Astrolux S1 & S41 series lights to their customers in general. Want throw? S1 head. Want flood and high CRI? Just swap over to an S41 head. Want an upgrade to the latest LED in a year’s time? Buy the new head without having to pay for a complete light and accumulating a pile of redundant parts.

I’ll tell you right now, if they offered an S1NL head (my apologies to Malkoff Devices!) running a single 5000K 90+ CRI Nichia 219B, using a Convoy 3*7135 driver with the new Biscotti firmware from Toykeeper, I’d want at least two of them. Reflector or TIR, I don’t mind. I just want the high CRI, an S1-style general purpose beam profile, and some immense runtime for the times when I don’t need the hot-rod modes.

That sounds interesting.

For the S41S they did redesign the board and cleared the edges and holes very well from the + copper pour, so I don’t see a problem this time.

Is this the ‘new’ head?

It seems to me someone posted a pict showing they reversed + and - to avoid this. That was early in this thread and it may have been a prototype or very first batch of the S41S?

If my memory doesn’t fail me I think that picture was from a Manker E14 or MK34, and since Manker doesn’t make the S41(s) (anymore)…

It’s kinda fun that the copiers copies the bad parts of the (original) design too…

Mateminco is Manker’s manufacturer also , if i remember correctly

Found the picture:

The red cable goes to the + on the new/replacement head.

New S41S head arrived today. NO Glue and IT WORKS!!! :smiley:

Solder joints in the last two posted pics look horrible…

It is a detail of the photo of Mateminco, of the link that CoolJB published in his post (#797):

Original photo:

The detail that I published:

Side by side

I’m honestly kinda confused. So many of us pre-ordered them, and not only have most received thier original lights, some have even gotten replacement heads, yet my S41S still hasn’t arrived :frowning:

Right. So after reading the last few pages is it wise to buy the S41S currently?
I want one with the 18650 extension but I don’t want a dud.

I am also interested in the above question. I am under the impression that they put production on hold to sort out issues and have since resumed production, thus one would presume that the issues are fixed now. But there’s been no official post of that kind from BG.

I have since asked this question a third time now :slight_smile: Does anyone know what tint and bin they are using for xp-g3’s? :wink:

That sounds very promising maukka! Thank you for providing a breakdown of color spectrum for each :wink: How would you say the xp-g3 results compare to other cool white low CRI cree emitters you’ve tested in terms of color temp and tint deviation?

Mateminco release their own test video & data of S01 and I thought you guys might be interested

Mateminco S01 colored aka Astrolux S41S colored
CREE XP-G3, use Samsung 30q 18650 battery
CCT- 6561k
CRI - 70
OTF lumen- 2347lm

2347 lumens? That can’t be right?

And remember if you’re measuring color temperature in a sphere like in the video, it will tell you the overall CCT. My results for example are always measured from the hotspot, because that’s what you are most likely focusing at.

I wonder what that sphere is. I’d like me some cheap Chinese integrating sphere.

S41S head units have be listed. I have already request for a discount code for it.

Great!

(LOL, I repaired/modded the old head and have a replacement underway, so I could do with a separate tail unit instead :person_facepalming: )