ENEDED

Aren't both lights listed at 750 meters distance on your website? I'm confused... 750 meter means the same throw, and both lights are rated, again, on your website at 5,000 lumens.

So, 750m = 750m, 5,000 lumens = 5,000 lumens. That means they are the same, same in brightness, no matter how you interpret brightness.

Like you said, the MT07s has a narrower spill due to the smaller diameter reflector, so the same number of lumens are being shined on a smaller area. Hence it appears brighter.

Sure, you can kind of, sort of reason it that way, but only the spill area may appear brighter, not the hot spot since they have identical throw #'s, assuming the hot spot is the same diameter. I've often seen deep reflectors produce smaller hot spots though, but with effectively the same throw.

Just ordered an SMO reflector for the MT07 from Haikelite direct - should get a nice bump. I already have an XHP70.2 in it.

Original set of photos are rather under exposed, so I did a global brightness adjustment for both images. MT07 did produce slightly tighter hots pot (1) and wider spill (3) than MT07S from the enhanced image. Judging from the intensity of the hots pot, i don't feel they are very far apart in terms of throw.

how did you managed that? SMO for MT07 me want too!

Also interested by an SMO reflector for MT07.

If now on Taobao, MT07S sell for 428 yuan (about $ 65), I wonder how much they will ask for it on GB ?

Interested.

All I did was email them and asked.

Email: haikelite@yeah.net, as shown on their home page http://haikelite.top/index.php/

They told me they had a few. Now the trick here is did they really understand the difference between OP and SMO, and understood I was asking for an MT07 reflector, not MT07S. I thought I made it quite clear, but, you never know. So if you do this, make it very, very clear to them. Like: "I know the MT07 does not come with this type of reflector, the stock reflector is OP, I'm asking for an SMO".

Let me know what happens, because I'm having my doubts they understood me. When you think about it, why would they have SMO reflectors sitting around for the MT07...

Interested.

haha yeah true, let see which one they sent you. :partying_face:

I also would purchase an SMO reflector for original MT07.

MT07S preorder will happen shortly.

u mean in few hours? :smiley:

You guys should receive my coupon by now.

Thanks Freeme

Im tossing between MT07 vs MT07s and i think i like MT07 more.

Can someone help me to decide so i can finalise the decision tomorrow :slight_smile:

Hi Nicolicous,

I would prefer the MT07S because the MT07 is not good to handle, it`s not balanced well. The MT07 is the only haikelite which I don`t own.

Greets
Carsten

How can you say that MT07 is not balanced while you say that you dont have one? I found the MT07 to be balanced well at exactly where two of your finger rest behind the switch while holding. i found MT07 neither tail nor head-heavy.

in contrary MT07 feels balanced when you holding it like this. Notice where my index and middle finger that is where the COG is (center of the body where the switch is located)

Thank you ! When will the CW version be available ?

+1 - in my MT07 review, I don't recall saying anything about it being unbalanced - I think I had the same experience you did. If you hold it on the battery tube, of course it will be unbalanced. Here's my comments from the review OP:

It appears to be top heavy, but I find it quite well balanced in the hand, but you do have to hold it on the fins for a balanced carry, then it's prone to getting your hand uncomfortably warm/hot on turbo.

Hhmm. Almost sounds like I'm saying two things, CYA... Yes, it's balanced, yes it's a hot balance hold... I think you're right though about the balance point - about at the switch.