ENEDED

OK - new, bigger relfector, more amps pumped into LED, that’s all really nice, but… What about NW version? :partying_face:

Sign me up please

Sign me up please

Just wondering why they choosed CW emitter when NW emitter throws further?
Seems like the CW just throws longer on the paper (due to close range measurement) but CW light scatters more so it throws less then NW.
So for throwers NW seems to be the better choice.

Quote from the GT thread.

But why are our oceans then blue, cuz light at that end of the spectrum penetrate water much better.
So why would a bluish beam not reach longer if its water vapor in the air, by that reasoning the water that do not get scattered by a droplet should go thru it much better.

Alittle time with Google and I found this.

About scattering.

Sunlight reaches Earth’s atmosphere and is scattered in all directions by all the gases and particles in the air. Blue light is scattered in all directions by the tiny molecules of air in Earth’s atmosphere. Blue is scattered more than other colors because it travels as shorter, smaller waves. This is why we see a blue sky most of the time.

Closer to the horizon, the sky fades to a lighter blue or white. The sunlight reaching us from low in the sky has passed through even more air than the sunlight reaching us from overhead. As the sunlight has passed through all this air, the air molecules have scattered and rescattered the blue light many times in many directions.

As the sun gets lower in the sky, its light is passing through more of the atmosphere to reach you. Even more of the blue light is scattered, allowing the reds and yellows to pass straight through to your eyes.

In a perfect vacuum, all wavelengths travel the same distance.

In atmosphere, longer wavelengths (red) travel further than shorter wavelengths (blue) due to a phenomenon called Rayleigh scattering.
That is why the sky is blue, and the setting sun is red. Similarly, in interstellar space (when we view light from distant stars), shorter wavelengths (blue) do not travel as far as longer wavelengths (red) due to a phenomenon called interstellar extinction.

And

About how the human eyes work.

In daylight, it appears that our eyes are much more sensitive to a green colour. If we view the wavelengths from the electromagnetic spectrum and compare those values in terms of distance (nanometres), then red is the longest, but less energy, and blue is the shortest, but highest energy. So, using logic, it should seem that blue should be the winner. Highest energy, fastest velocity. Simples.

Uh, no.

Now, because every single thing in this universe depends on math, that means that even the colours on the electromagnetic spectrum have a definite mathematical relationship, in terms of how our eyes perceive their wavelengths. Our eyes are most sensitive to green light. Then on both sides of green is yellow and blue—we’re less sensitive to both those colours equally; then on either side of those, we have orange and lavender—where our eyes are only one-half as sensitive to them, and finally, red and blue, where our eyes are only one-tenth as sensitive.

Mathematically, if you want to know what colour carries the most distance during daylight, thanks to the inverse-square law, as the math proves, green is hands-down the undisputed winner. I think I read that a 100-watt green light can be seen 3 times further than either red or blue of the same wattage.

But what about at night? What happens then?

As you might have guessed from my phrasing, green is no longer the answer here.

In darkness, our eyes are no longer sensitive to green; they shift toward yellow/orange. Some great examples of this are traffic signals from a huge distance. You can see yellow the best on a clear night, but not so much the red, or the green, which now tends to look blue. Also, notice the newer cars. Have you noticed that they all now have yellow turn indicators instead of red? This is because red, when viewed against a black background, such as night, is perceived by our eyes as being almost a dark grey. Fire engine companies have now begun to notice physics (!!!) and are rolling out yellow fire engines, which are much easier to see at night.

But, there’s a bit of a snag with this, too.

Our world is GREEN! Our Star is YELLOW! If you view turn indicators against a green/yellow background, you’re going to have a much harder time viewing them. This is because of another optical physics theory called contrast—the brightness, or luminance, according to how the eye perceives it. Colours of one wavelength against a colour of another identical wavelength, will have low contrast and can’t be detected easily. But put that colour against a different wavelength/colour (holding all luminance values equal!), and you have created high contrast, which makes it much easier to detect. This means that red can still be used in some instances without too many repercussions. But not because it’s the colour that can be seen from the furthest distance.

So, in a nutshell, the answer to your question would be green in the daylight, and yellow at night.

And

About blue light and the ocean.

The ocean is not blue because of scattering.
Instead, the ocean is blue (as is pure water) because of selective absorption.
Liquid water absorbs preferentially both short wavelength light (UV) and longer wavelength visible and infrared light.
If you drop a light sensor that measures the amount of light at different wavelengths into the ocean or into a lake, what you find is that almost all of the UV (280-400nm) and infrared (heat) wavelengths are absorbed. Of the visible light, the longest visible wavelengths are absorbed most (red-orange, 600-700nm), then the medium-length visible wavelengths (yellow-green, 500-600nm) and last the short visible wavelengths (blue-violet, 400-500nm).
This explains why very pure water, without many particles, appears deep blue. It also explains why, as you descend with depth in the ocean and the light has to travel further and further though the water, light will weaken and appear more and more blue (you may notice this diving or when looking at underwater
video or pictures).

Edit. Forgot to throw in some info about blue light and the ocean.

The answer is very simple. CW sells much better than NW. Astrolux wants to sell as many units as possible.

It’s not hard or expensive to swap the emitter, though if you want a different color temp.

Well, it’s fun to shine at the sky with a CW emitter thrower so the light scatter looks like a big white laser but not so much fun when you actually wants to shine up an area straight forward far away and there is so much light scatter that it creates a fog like mist and makes it hard to see what you shine at.

Cool white vs Neutral white:
https://illuminationgear.com/p/faq-cool-vs-neutral-etc

That's a great reference. Thanx! I always forget I have edit/update capability on http://flashlightwiki.com. I did make some minor updates in the area of downloading firmware, but there's so many more areas of that site that need updating, a refresh to modern times.

My pleasure!

Sign me up please. I want to pre-order today

Pre-order will start soon.

I just noticed, that preorder has been changed to 125,95 Dollars :open_mouth: . It significantly changes situation. It is more than 70 percent more… The original preorder price aroud 80 Dollars is no longer valid?

sh!t

i already ordered 2

if price is good i will get 1 more and if the light is false specification advertise they will be in trouble with paypal :smiling_imp:

When I placed my Preorder it showed 2700LM, now it shows 3000LM, (My preorder still shows 2700LM) will I be getting the 2700LM version? or hopefully the 2700Lm will not be made…?

Please send me a Coupon! lol.

No worries, you will receive the updated one.

I was told that there will be a 4000-4500k emitter option down the road. No firm date at the moment though.

That would be cool, I canceled my old order as I’m going to wait for coupon code, Ive got $70 in my pay pal balance for Flashlight FUNds Will reorder once I get the code. you think if we preorder now it’s for the 6500k version? maybe I can message them to change it later before it ships…