Expensive light(s) you purchased?

£112.95 (about $190 at the time) for a Fenix TK41 in 2014 (before I was on CPF or BLF - hard to imagine!)

Expensive and cool white, but it’s still sitting on my desk with 8 Duraloops in it. I never use it nowadays - it’s been superseded twice over by a custom Convoy X3 and then a stock Convoy L4 - but I like knowing there’s a bright, throwy light that runs at full power for ages on AAs (it also runs on 4 cells at a pinch). It’s done ceiling-bounce power cut duty several times, too.

Ouch. You are a dedicated man my friend.

Imalent RT70 AUD $182.71

Paid a bit more to buy local instead of BG for Australian consumer warranty

Peak Eiger Ultra. Customized with an emitter that I’ve flown to Peak from AUS. With all the equipment I had to buy (different battery tubes, batteries, charger) I think I exceeded $200.
It is a good light but did not match my needs well…

I think it is worth paying really a lot for a light as long as:

• you’re going to use it a lot
  • it will serve you significantly better than a cheaper light
    • both right after the purchase and years later

I’m dreaming about a custom light and I may order it one day. But years into the hobby I still have much too learn and don’t feel like I know my needs well enough to spend this money wisely. But I’m slowly going in that direction. :wink:

I have lights worth more... but won't pay more than $50 for a light .

All my lights averaged is less than $18 a piece .

Technology is moving too fast to have too much money in any one light .

IF... you finally find your holy grail light than modding is almost a necessity to keep it relevant .

Fenix UC35 at about $70 on sale. Tough light, good UI so I’m still happy with that purchase.

Yes…and actually I would remove that “almost”. I consider it a part of maintenance.

I also woke up from the arms of Greta, eh Sasha, eh Kelly. At first all CR123A lights. Bought some serious stuff. Highlight was the SWM V10R Ti gold PVD #87 of 89 I bought for the missus. It has survived the daily abuse up till today. Lowlight the FourSevens 123miniTi satin. That was like dating Scarlett Johansson, to discover she has the voice of Chris Rock! Though being somewhat colorblind, I found the color the fugliest greenish I had ever seen. Gave it away.
Most used is my SF 6PD with drop-in , returned into active service after some serious refurbishing.

Then came BLF. Started with 2 Eagle Eyes. Most expensive item was the GT. It eats a lot of shelf space. Most used in house is the Enogear SS. Walking the dog by night I carry a Q8 (you know: Expecto Patronum).
Being a bit OCD, I write it all up in a spreadsheet. I won’t discuss the bottomline (what was I thinking?!)

Nitecore TM 16

It is funny but my first good light was the most expensive one FL33 , with upgrade it costs me about 530$…after that I dont buy flashlihgts expencive than 150$

Actually that’s the case with me as well.

Same for me. I started with Fenix, Eagletac, Thrunite etc lights. My most expensive fls are Thrunite TN36 and Olight M3X Javelot. I have ended up to buy mostly Convoy hosts for my MODs. But you save on flaslights and pay way more for tools :D, but thats the hobby right.

My custom mixed emitter D18, it has 12×sst20 3000k and 6×sst20 6500k, ppl call it the unicorn timt

Tain Ottavino TI V3 aaa.
190 bux.

My last big ticket in this hobby was the BLF T1 lantern.

Yeah, that was what my wallet thought! I guess from now on I will only use DHL within European Union, or for things valued below 20€, when outside EU, otherwise I will pay a lot for Custom release :weary:

Well, I couldn’t let that lonely flashlight go back to where it came from, so I had to do it :smiley: But…it costed a little, indeed :expressionless:

Most expensive for me was a hotwire light by Wicked Lasers. I can’t find it now only a newer version. Thinking it was $300+ for 8 minutes of 4000lm fire starting goodness. An EagleTac with 12x 219b was a few hundred. The UI had issues and a button fell off. Another $100 EagleTac that started flickering. Zebralight H600fc with horrible green tint and weak spring that tripped LVP at 3.7v when using high. Some Amutorch and Astrolux MF01 for around $90. Both lights had flickering issues.

Basically all disappointments. I’ve made the 12x 219b light into a bike light and spring bypassed the Zebralight. Made the MF01 into a USB rechargable video light too.

My $20 S2+ has been to hell and back without any issues, same with the Q8. Both lights comparable to my EagleTacs but better.
Moral of the story is expensive lights usually aren’t any better or worth the price.

Nitecore ea8… About 70€

Funny this thread came up. Just purchased my most expensive light about 20 minutes ago. It appears to be in mint condition. I made an offer of $300, buyer accepted. I actually thought I would never own a 7-cell Maglite (C or D). Recently, I've seen sealed 6C Maglites list for $300. BTW, the serial number is 70043189 if anyone can give me more info.

My worst was Astrolux MF01… got it for $75 with a good code… Although my L6 cost more after mods.
Tempted by a cyan D4Sv2…