Expensive light(s) you purchased?

wow you guys. I thought I was the norm not the exception. i bought many expensive lights.
TX25c2vn, Acebeam x70, TN42vncft90, Imalent DX80, Acebeam k60, Imalent R90C, Zebralight SC600 MKIII HI, should i stop?

The only reason to stop is if you want or need to. For some, a $600 light might be barely noticeable in their budget. To others, it is rent for a month.

I guess other than a few ReyLights with trits, the BLF boxed set of the X5 and X6 would count as expensive.

Wow, I must be a serious ’-aholic then.

First ‘real’ light was a Fenix TK75 - C$230 with batteries. That was about six years ago.

Most since then have probably averaged around C$100 (Olight, Wuben, Imalent, Manker, Lumintop). The BLF GT was around C$200 with batteries, and that’s the most expensive recent light. The LT1 comes in around C$80 at the GB price right now, and I have a bunch of those I’m looking to get.

Acebeam K75! Absolutely crazy, but well worth the money

My first expensive light was downloads pocket rocket 6th run 10 years ago. Back then 600 lumens from a single 18650 with a SST-50 was considered rocket science. Set me back USD 130:-

5 years later a splashed out around USD 200:- for a Noctigon M43 Meteor. Superb quality, but I never got to grips with the UI.

Otherwise I’ve mostly stayed below USD 50:, with a few splashes around USD 100:.

I don’t think anyone has come to grips with that horrible UI. Thought I had to have one, then I got one. I don’t know who was in charge of the UI, it’s like the guy was on acid or something.

Either my older streamlight tlr hl or my new Zebralight sc700d.

Mine is my SC600cw bought new for $95 shipped in May ’12.

Chris

The M43 is my most expensive flashlight. Worth every penny as far as I’m concerned. I don’t use it much since it’s kinda big vs an EDC, but whenever I use it, I’m as impressed as the first time I got it. Darn it’s bright! And the lighted switch indicating the battery level is very nice.

I use user interface 3 (UI3). It has 3 custom levels, so I programmed a low, medium, and high. Plus there’s turbo just by holding the power button, so essentially 4 modes. Click to turn it on, double click to go to the next level, and click again to turn it off. Pretty basic vs the other 2 interfaces.

A couple of recent expensive purchases include

A Jetbeam tce 1 ti light with a crook ui and green tint but what a stunner to look at $150 au

Emisar D4V2 Ti -love titanium and all Hanks lights are great $130 au with xpl hi 18350 tube and 10% gst included.

Oh yes, it is absolutely bright as can be. Not knocking that at all. It’s impressive for sure. I don’t use it much either. I imagine if I did I would become more familiar with the UI. I don’t even know what UI I’m using. Two modes on single click and two modes on two clicks plus the crazy turbo of course. If I ever needed it to do more than that I would be lost. The switch is very nice, unique even.

I fell for the Maxabeam so got one with hard case, extra lamp and a lot of accessories a while ago off eBay for $7-800 if I recall correctly. Used tho :o

I paid Approx for each

Imalent MS18 - $600
Acebeam X70 - $600
Imalent MS12 - $500
TN40vn IV - $500
Imalent DX80 - $400
Acebeam X75 - $250
X45vn - $300
Custom 20 trit dragon Reylight Ti Dawn with GD skulls clip - $450
Reylight copper dawn with trits and GD skulls clip and MecArmy trit bead - $500
Acebeam X45 - $250
Imalent DT70 - $280
Thrunite TN36ut - $250
Astroux MF04 - $150
Used Noctigon M43 - $120
Emisar D18 - $100
Rofis MR70 - $70
Acebeam EC50 Gen 2 - $80
Nitecore MH27uv - $120
2 x DQG Tiny 3th’s - $110
Around 10 D4’s and D4S XPL HI’s - $500
A lot of Fireflies torches at over $50 each

I could go on all day!!! 1000’s spent.

I’d love one of those custom Trit versions of the Sunwayman, arguably the most stunning light around.

Titanium and trits are a logical combination. What I find awesome is that Sunwayman used trits on a standard titanium stock light, although limited edition. I personally consider the gold and black V10R Ti^2 lights substantially more exclusive, as the finish is extremely unique for a titanium light.

I have a few lights that are right around $100 which is pretty much my max unless it’s really special.
In the mail is a Fireflies E07 Ti/Cu 219B, D4V2 Ti/Cu SST-20 4000K, a Reylight Pineapple Cu, a Zebralight SC64 Le, and a Zebralight H503c. In the truck is my FW3TI/CU with SST-20 4000K which is my favorite light at the moment. I’m thinking one of those that are en route may replace it since that eswitch is constantly having to be adjusted.

Olight M2R for ~110 USD at that time. Never regretted it.

Light I regretted buying most was Klarus XT2CR. I HATE the interface. Switch broke after only a couple of weeks. Customer service of hell (Banggood AND Klarus). Soldered a new switch from Ebay in at the end myself. Now it’s just shelved. Literally months later I received a received a TWO replacement ones without notice from Klarus. One without a switch (what am I even supposed to do with that. The switch is broken, the rest is fine). A week later one with a switch. Gave that to my little cousin.

Other lights I kinda regret buying are Fireflies E07 (I just bought it because it looks beautiful but I have 0 use for it) and… (unpopular opinion inc) the FW3A for a multitude of reasons. I tore it apart and plan on modifying the firmware or try to get Narsil to work on it… But I plan that since the first week after receiving it and I didn’t find the motivation to do that yet So it’s at least good for that.

Pics! of Expensive light(s) you purchased?

Wow, a few of you spent over thousands…