Fasttech - interesting new products - Flashlights, chargers, batteries and DIY and knives - please no discussions.

I was quite fond of my 763 when I first got it but found the metal lanyard cage would dig into my hand when using it. :frowning:

My 3400s protected from fasttech are just a bit shorter than 70mm.

EDIT: just measured one at random
length = 69.7
diam = 18.56

Wonder if theyā€™d fit in a Sipik sk98?

Iā€™m glad my post on the V20 was helpful, and that Buwuve started this thread! Thats what got me looking at the fasttechs new arrivals. I got a bit excited when I saw the price on this, very tempting for me right now. Iā€™ve been looking at that light for about a year or so but at around $100 I just never decided. To make myself justify it even more Iā€™ll consider the R01 being worth at least 11 bucks to me, meaning the V20 is only going to cost me $50.

I did read Selfā€™s CPF review but I may have to revisit it because if I remember correctly something (negative) was said about the movement of the ring. Yes I agree a ring that is equivalent to a 3 mode doesnā€™t seem like it would make proper use of the design, it should be more variable but Iā€™m no expert on the subject.

I donā€™t have any lights with ring control but Iā€™m thinking Iā€™d prefer a side switch over a tail switch because I feel it would be better for one hand mode changing during operation, but Iā€™m not so sure about the ring, seems like that would be a little awkward with one hand and Iā€™d be inclined to use my other hand to adjust.

I was also looking at the XTAR TZ60 with magnetic ring, I thought that seemed like a good light and Iā€™m quite happy with their batteries and chargers, but that one is not variable just H-M-L.

So now Iā€™m thinking about a light with a ramping side switch, seems like that design would be better than the ring for one handed output adjustment during operation. But at about half price here on the V20 it is very tempting after looking at it for so long. I do get a bit overwhelmed at all of the different choices available out there with these lights.

Hi,

I donā€™t know about any other lights, but I have two of the Niteye lights, a TF20 and a TF25, both which have their ring control, and Iā€™m pretty sure that I see more than ā€œ3 modesā€. I just tried it again just now, with both of them.

Jim

P.S. Some of the Crelant lights have a ramping side control. Been thinking about getting one those also :)ā€¦

As far as Iā€™m aware, the RRT01 and EYE10 have something at least similar to a visually-linear adjustment. I wonā€™t know for sure until mine shows up, but all the videos Iā€™ve seen show that it has quite a bit of adjustment at the low end. The EYE10 has 11 detents along its range for preset levels, and the RRT01 is roughly the same but without the detents.

In particular, Iā€™ve heard that a full 30% or so of the RRT01ā€™s adjustment range is under a lumen, and in videos it appears to brighten smoothly when the ring is rotated beyond that. However, I havenā€™t seen any actual measurements of the output at regularly-spaced angles like selfbuilt did with the V11R.

I seriously considered a V11R instead (selfbuiltā€™s EDC of choice), but the reviews I found made it sound like itā€™s roughly the same quality and features (aside from having a clicky switch or not) so I went with the much-cheaper RRT01 (goinggearā€™s EDC of choice).

Just ordered the R10A + some batteries, never realized there was a discount coupon and I do buy from FT regularly, so thanks :slight_smile:

Sunwayman V11R Mirage Set Cree XM-L U3 500-Lumen Flashlight1*CR123A / 1*RCR123A / 1*16340 / 1*AA / 1*14500
$79.77 WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING
stock In stock
model AP01 (Pressure Switch) AP02 (Pressure Switch) AP-05 (Extender) C10R, Black C15A, Black C20C, Black M11R U2, Black M40A, Black R10A, Black R10R, Black T20CS, Black T21CS, Black T40CS, Black T60CS, Black V11R Mirage Set, Camouflage V11R, Black V20C + R01A, Black V60C, Black
quantity
(change currency)
Bulk Pricing looking for more?
3 ~ 4
5 +
$78.92
$78.61

SWM lights are great but way overpriced. They are asking for too much profit!

Quite surprised to see SWM lights discounted by Fasttech - whatever happened to SWMā€™s restrictive pricing policy outlined in their CPF section?

See post #42 here

Their features/quality never seem to justify the huge price increase over other lights when Iā€™ve looked at them. Not sure why anyone buys them really, its not like buying an overpriced Mercedes and you at least still get chicks looking at you :wink:

Thereā€™s always Greta :wink:

I always liked the look of Sunwayman V10R Ti+. Maybe their pricing reflects their own R&D, QC and manufacture/tooling costs. Just because they are a Chinese brand, doesnā€™t mean they have to be as cheap as budget brands.

Maybe the same deal as with Nitecore? Hopefully no more vendors complain about FastTechā€™s prices.

Awwā€¦ now FastTech has the Sunwayman V11R, and for only a couple dollars more than the Jetbeam RRT01. I might have ordered differently if I had waitedā€¦ but then again, maybe not. As far as I can tell, the main differences are that the V11R has a clicky switch and better throw, and the RRT01 has a better clip, lower low, one-handed use, and slightly shorter body.

On todayā€™s New Product listings, of the 117 items, about 84 of them are e-cig related. This seems fairly common. I was just thinking about how much more efficient this would be if they had a separate new products section for ā€˜New Electronic Cigarette Productsā€™, underneath the ā€˜New Productsā€™ in the drop-down, as they probably SKU as many new e-cig items as everything else. Thinking along the same lines, at the moment e-cigā€™s are a sub category of ā€˜Consumer Electronicsā€™, again, Iā€™m surprised they donā€™t have a stand alone category of their own for them.

They really do need a seperate category with sub categories for the ecig section. Itā€™s a pain to navigate through it all

FT offers now a lot of SWM - I have listed the new in a list (sort battery typ)

AA: C15A, M40A, V11r (with AA adapter)

18650 (most flashlight which work with 18650 do also with 1*CR123A / 1*RCR123A / 1*16340): C20C, T20CS, T21CS, T40CS, T60CS, V60C,

1*CR123A / 1*RCR123A / 1*16340 (single):C10R, R10R, V11R

Here are some links to the hottest Sunwayman flashlights. If you want another one use one of the following links and use the drop-down menu. This show all listed models.

Sunwayman V60C, XM-L U2 798-Lumen, Rechargeable Fully Variable Magnetic Control 3*18650 / 6*CR123A / 6*16340 FT listed price $115,34 (BLF coupon) - Non aff-link

Sunwayman T20CS, XM-L U2 6-Mode 658-Lumen Powerful Long Throw 1*18650 / 2*CR123A. FT listed price $74,72 (BLF coupon)- Non aff-link

Sunwayman T40CS XM-L U2 5-Mode 845-Lumen 2*18650 / 4*CR123A Powerful Long Shot - this is the genuine flashlight, the SmallSun ZY-T13
FT listed price $85,62 (BLF coupon)- Non aff-link

Sunwayman T60CS 3* XM-L U2 6-Mode 2100-Lumen Rechargeable Flashlight 3*18650 / 6*CR123A / 6*16340
FT listed price $136,28 (BLF coupon)- Non aff-link

Sunwayman M40A Cree XM-L U2 645-Lumen High-Output Magnetic Control Flashlight, 4*AA
FT listed price $84,22 (BLF coupon)- Non aff-link

Sunwayman C10R Cree XM-L U2 5-Mode 190-Lumen LED Flashlight 1*CR123A / 1*RCR123A / 1*16340
FT listed price $42,87 (BLF coupon) - Non aff-link

Pleeeease look into stocking insulator/centering rings for XP/XG 3.5x3.5mm LEDs. There's a self-adhesive version listed as having a 5mm opening, but it's not, it's just a round hole version of the XML size. And it also doesn't do reflector centering. I hate to order from someplace I'd otherwise have no reason to order from, just because the place I need stuff from doesn't have something simple like plastic insulators! 0:)

Iā€™m really not seeing paying $46 ish for a 190 lumen cr123 light.

not under any circumstances including lottery wins

meh, does not begin to cover it.

Last I checked the v11r is 500 lumens.