Fasttech - interesting new products - Flashlights, chargers, batteries and DIY and knives - please no discussions.

Have you tried their product request?
https://support.fasttech.com/tickets/RQST

Right, but just because they say they want a price equivalent to 2-5 similar performance cheap lights in cost, with no real benefit doesn’t mean they are worth it either!

But, but, but… It’s like Pokemon! You gotta collect them all!

Really, the only lights which interest me these days are ones which fill a category I don’t have yet. I’m well beyond actually needing any more lights, but it’s still nice to have something different once in a while. Even then though, I’m running out of unfilled categories…

Hmm, I don’t know of any equivalent lights to the V10R Ti+ made from titanium and have a similar control ring. Do you? (If you do, please say!! :bigsmile: ) Maybe you don’t think they are worth the price, but that is a separate issue.

hosts, yes, I’ve actually realised I’ve ordered one 16340 light (blf mini02) but two cells……I don’t like cells lying about, so I need another 16340 light, just not at that price, I have however found a nice little 16340 xp-g host on cnqg, I suspect this will become the spare 16340’s home tbh, with a nw xp-g2 and an intloutdoor moonlight driver de chipped.

No I dont know of any that do. But, for me it goes like this: I can get 190 lumens for $8-30, so the question is: is titanium and a fancy control ring worth $50 more on a $10 dollar light size/output design? I’m not willing to pay that, and, if I wanted titanium and a similar control ring badly, I dont think its reasonable to pay $60 more for that on a mass produced light from a company who attempts to artificially fix their prices higher. I like those features, I just know its overpriced (not at all Fasttech’s fault, its the Sunwayman company’s), plus the lumen output is behind the curve.

If those features were very important to me and I was looking for those kind of features and I had extra cash to spend on it, I’d rather take a step up and go buy a $100-200 collector’s light instead with unique knurling and limited production etc. I seriously dont think (if you arent going for a collector’s piece) infinitely fine tuning between 10-190 lumens is worth $50 extra (or even very useful).

So yes I like the features, hell no I dont like the price! Heck, if I was to spend around $60 the next thing I’d go buy is a Trustfire x100 and get 6000 lumens :slight_smile: Or, 6 3400mAh 18650 batteries….still very tempted to do that, Fasttech’s price is very nice for them, still not sure they fit my lights…

And editing the above after seeing your included picture…I was talking about what I saw, I think it was actually V11, a $69-79 light I saw, afterwards I saw your picture…thats a yet much more expensive light, and thats really for collection only not utility…

I’ve been looking at both RRT-01 and V11R for a while too, and picked up the Jetbeam from the Thrunite group buy last week. The Jetbeam can also take 18350 cells (but the eFest ones I have are flat-top, so won’t work :frowning: )

The thing about the V11R is that I’d have to get an extender too, which from Fasttech is an extra $12. HKE do the V11R + extender for $81.50 after BLF discount, and the advantage is you can get it in neutral. I’ll wait to see how much I like the RRT-01 before looking at the V11R.

I think these companies are just trying to get rid of their old emitter stock by selling off the XM-L’s etc cheaply.

I’m totally fine with cheaper old stock and older emitters. :slight_smile: I mostly care about the low-lumen settings anyway, and with the variable control circuitry drain the emitter efficiency is mostly irrelevant. Now, if they were to introduce new models with vastly better runtimes on low, that’s something I’d be interested in… but an XM-L2 upgrade or a higher bin? Don’t care. These models are only a year old anyway; I’m just glad FastTech is selling them for half their original price.

Well I placed several orders 7 days ago with FT and long and behold the post man delivered to me 7 packages today from them. 7 days from time-of-order to my doorstep is outstanding. I bought some Nitecore 3100mAh batteries (on the charger right now) along with some more lights :slight_smile: The last 2 orders I placed with a popular seller took him 3 days on 1 order and 4 days on the other order just to get it out the door, and then 2 days to my door; funny how the post man can get it to my house in 2 days, less time than it took them just to put it in a box. :open_mouth: So FT got them to me in only 1-2 days difference 8) I like to spend my money here in the USA….but……

Gords you ought try out that 602c host at FT I really like it and I am sure it would work with a XPG2. Plust its under $5 I really like mine and was thinking of getting another (dont know why I guess I just like it that much).
LINK

Lotsa new Roches scurrying around at FT today. Have to scroll down past all the enicocigjuicefelch.

You should sort the new arrivals by price (high-low). That way you see all the lights really quickly. :wink:

Interesting they have the SWM Sirus now - wonder if they will get the V10R Ti. I seem to recall the mode spacing on the Sirus isn’t too clever. Good price on the V10R too.

Give me a break! It’s early here and I have only had one cup of coffee! :wink:

Above link corrected for Woody.

No excuses :bigsmile: I checked the Fasttech new arrivals at about 4.30am my time this morning (well, middle of the night really). Still only one item. One of the highlights of my day, seeing what new goodies have arrived in their store.

edit - sorry to make you edit your post. Enjoy your breakfast.

Yes…I am quite obsessive/compulsive when checking the new arrivals at several sites. FT is really getting more and more great stuff.

me, too. I check it each morning to see what new Nitecore products they’ve got!

Here is a sorted list, which are the new Roche flashlights (FT add 70! today). Only two different models, but with different LEDs ( T5-5C, T6-4C, T6-0D or U2-1B) and drivers (3/4/6/8 x7135). Each in desert yellow and black.

Only a link to one Roche, but you can select each one with the drop-down menu. All Roche will be avialable with this way, not only one model. Roche link list and Non aff-link

Roche F12 price range $21,03 - $24,83

Roche F8 price range $29,09 - $32,79. One thing is different between between yellow and black: The black version has a small assault bezel, the yellow version a flat one

And a titanium flashlight - Sunwayman M11R Sirius Cree XM-L U3 8-Mode 300-Lumen LED Flashlight 1*CR123A / 1*RCR123A / 1*16340 FT listed price $121 (don't forget BLF coupon) - non aff-link
Titanium is a great material (looks great, not easy to scratch like SS) but it's more expensive as the normal aluminum version. If you want a special one, this could be a good choice.

Same. It’s addictive! :bigsmile:

I can handle it (twitch, twitch, sniff, sniff). Just a touch of the flu.

How in god’s name do they manage to stock so many varieties of the Roche lights?

Perhaps they actually listen to their customers?