Fasttech - interesting new products - Flashlights, chargers, batteries and DIY and knives - please no discussions.

It’s great that they do cover all the angles, but their stock control must be a nightmare. It would be interesting to know how many of each light they hold/sell, just to see what emitter/driver options are popular. Perhaps they don’t hold all in stock, but call them up from the factory on a “just in time” basis.

I hope they start selling Shadow SL3 flashlights at a good price

I’m sure they would just make to order in house. Otherwise I would like to see how they keep all of the stocked and not mixed up!

Are the lumens on Roche lights real lumens or Chinese lumens?

That’s what I’m thinking. There’s probably an Elf in the back room somewhere, with boxes full of emitters and drivers, cranking them out as the orders come in.

Those F8s are sure calling out to me, but I have an L1 Convoy inbound so I better wait and see if its junk or a keeper. It scares me a bit that FT ran themselves right out of L1s, maybe they were glad to see the last of them!

its certainly cheap enough, I’m just working my way through the cnqg hosts as I have a need, they have so far, all turned out to be extremely high quality so I want to get some more then do a round up in a few months.

I also like to stay a bit loyal, so whilst I have some fasttech hosts inbound, I tend to prefer to use cnqg for my hosts. :bigsmile:

FastTech have some new Soshine chargers listed today, including this little one:

Also a Roche F12 DIY host:

I like the Roche host, but you can get a XM-L (U2 or T6 with different bin) and a nice driver (1050-2800 mA) for only $6-7 more. If the Nichia 219 is available in Asia, this could be a great host for it. In this case I would buy the 4x 7135 Roche desert yellow version and would replace the LED :)

Which part is the heat sink? I’m looking for a round part without a hole through it?? I wouldn’t want to run any high current LEDs without good heatsinking.

At least some of the Jetbeam’s are stepless, too.

The RRT01 @ $56.97 is stepless and has that bad arse charcoal color I love so much! One day I'm going to splurge on one. :)

looking at that picture I’m thinking that the star and driver fasten straight into the head without a separate pill, good for heat transfer but its going to be like keyhole surgery……

the f8 is certainly built like that

Cheers Gords, so there’s more inside that we can’t see from the photos? That makes sense now.

I’m thinking of going for the SWM V10R - https://www.fasttech.com/product/1308102 because you can drill small holes to add tritium through the fins at the front and make it look mega cool !

That’s a great idea. Have you already sourced your Tritium Vials? I recall seeing a link to them somewhere but can’t remember where. Probably better than pulling my watches apart and prying them off the face.

I’d love to see that! I quite fancy one of these V10R’s too.

Earlier today, I received some tritium vials I ordered from Merkava’s thread, but it seems his smallest vials are sold out so you’ll need to get extra bling from somewhere else. The 3mmx23mm ones are too big to mod most EDCs with, but they’re great as keyfobs. Now if the clear acrylic fobs I ordered would show up, I’ll be set. :slight_smile:

Anyone want to add tritium vials to FastTech’s request list? Could they even legally sell those?

Hi,

I posted earlier, but can I ask why it’s being said that the Niteye(s) are equivalent to 3-mode? As I posted earlier, I have both a TF20 and TF25, and, to me, they definitely don’t appear to be 3 modes only.

Later,
Jim

It’s easy enough to get Tritium ‘markers’ with 23mm vials installed for under $15 in the UK at least anyway (I got a few for around $8 each), you could search on ebay under the ‘firefly’ brand.

I got my tritium markers from InovaTech:
http://www.inovatech.co.uk/shop/home.php?cat=5

I noticed another thread at CPF, ’“kuku427” from Taiwan. Looks like he may have 1.5X6 mm ($8.50) still, any thoughts?