Favorite places to eat

A local place called The Club House. They serve the best steaks around here as far as I'm concerned. Also a place called La Parma II for home style Italian.. Yummy to the Max!!!! For hamburgers, 5 Guys without a doubt!

I used to order direct from them, but they are pretty steep on shipping. If you order from Amazon directly, they do that free shipping for orders over $25. We usually pick 4 or 6 flavors at work, and then get them in the 6 packs, and split it all up when it arrives.

If you're going to order right from Beaver, you might want to try a few different flavors. They have their own special ketchup, a wasabi (which i have not tried), a tarter sauce, and about 10 different mustard flavors (including a cranberry, which I also haven't tried).

The best one I've had so far is the Honey Mustard Mayo. I also like their standard Honey Mustard, and their hot varieties as well. Even the pineapple mustard is GREAT (goes great on pork) but is only available in glass jars, not a squeezable size.

Let me know which ones you try and if you like them or not!

I thought of another restaurant chain I like. My favorite pizza place is Round Table Pizza, found in the far Western United States. I think they're way better than Domino's and Pizza Hut.

And my favorite local restaurant (with home-cooked meals) is Orange Street Restaurant in my home town of Porterville, California.

5 Guys Burgers & Fries is the BEST!!

lettuce

tomato

grilled onion

jalapenos

pickels

American cheese

ketchup

mayo

hot sauce

YUM!

My order is always with cheese, lettuce, grilled onions, grilled mushrooms and A1 sauce. As great as the burgers there are the fries are even better! Soak them with malted vinegar…WOW!

That reminds me of another favorite place... Terry's Place in Greenville, TX. Independent, old, dirty, located in a former service station. Home of the 1 lb. "Bubba Burger". Excellent, real home-style burgers made from real beef when you order. The burgers are large and good. The fries are authentic cut-potato fries that are excellent.

My favorite place to eat in Alaska was the Sourdough Mining Company. They had the best ribs in town plus their homemade corn fritters and honey butter was to die for.

I usually have my sister bring me some when she visits every summer.

C'mon summer!!!

Have to add, however, that my all-time favorite place to eat is the "Y".

The fries are awesome!! The small size is actually big enough for 2 people :) (at least at the one I go to)

The "Yodel in the Gully" restaurant was a favorite of the late Mr. Carlin.

If anyone makes it to Chicago, I'll take them to the Wiener Circle for a "Chocolate Shake." It's not on the menu.

Ok, you piqued my interest - where's it located?

2622 N. Clark. Just North of Wrightwood on West side of street.

Bring your sense of humor and thick skin.

This has really devolved.

What was that address again?

And, fishinfool, isn't it always summer in Hawaii?

Pretty much but it does get a bit nippy at night during the winter months. We even get snow on top of mauna kea and mauna loa where people actually go snowboarding. Snowboarding in the morning and surfing in the afternoon. Last night got down to about 65F. Brrrrrrrrrrrr! lol

A low of 65 degrees F in winter! Sounds horrible!

Yeah, it was fargin' freezing! So much so that I had to actually cover up with a bed sheet. Blankets are too warm for me.

If anyone is in Vancouver and needs a good cheap meal, Hawker's Delight is the place to go for Singapore Malaysian cuisine. As a poor student, it's one of my favourites. Always packed with people though.

Funny they got a show on trutv and my wifes had it playing the last hour.

If yall want to know and appreciate truly the best Mexican, you need to visit my home, San Antonio. Even being in Irving, I am in the process (slow one) of moving back. Family is there and what we've come to know (not just from our own clan but at the insistence of traveling military personnel) is that SA is truly the best--better than New Mexico, better than LA, and better than Colorado.

Tommy's, Las Carritas, Henry's Puffy Tacos, Sonia's and a host of other great places will claw the eyes out of the competitiors, not just because of the unusual tex-Mex styling, but because of such an abundance of Mexican heritage and communities. But also for BBQ, Texas has it going on, and you have to hit SA in particular. North Texas and other areas are still not as good. There is something magic about San Antonio. Honestly, breakfast taco houses open at 5 am or so. Every other 2 businesses is a Mexican restaurant. The variety and spicing is nothing short of heavenly. Unless they've traveled, people tend to think it's just me and my preferences. But honestly, it's not. It is the best, hands down. Anyone who can make it down there when I am will get a meal on me! No kidding! :D