Fireflies E07 CU Titanium Limited version Preorder interest?

Has anyone heard anything about the replacement bezels? Noticed one of my switch leds is dimmer than the others.

@Lund1660,same as mine bro

Edit: Well, he got back to me and I’m happy. I love these lights and I’m glad the man behind them is a standup guy!

Jack just responded to me. He said he just came back from vacation. He got some SST20 2700K J2-JA3-VH. Sounds interesting but not sure if it really is that tint bin as his supplier sold him the FB4 bin as FA2 bin previously. He also said Luminus is producing some FA3 tints right now. Hopefully he will get some.

Still hasn’t replied about the copper bezels.

Has anyone opened the switch? Is it an easy fix and is it easy to open the switch bezel?

I have one of the switch LEDs not working in a Cu e07.

@xenotar80,

I tried yesterday a bit in a hurry during my lunch break at work. The retaining ring is a tube that sit low down, there isn’t much space between the copper and the bottom of the ring to insert a flat screwdriver. With small rotating left and right motion I was able to remove the ring but there are marks everywhere in the copper.
I had remove the rubber cover before doing it, maybe I should have kept it to protect the copper underneath.
Now I’m struggling to remove the e-switch PCB. I still don’t know if the wires are long enough to solder a new PCB easily.

EDIT : Marks are mostly in the button cavity. Won’t be seen when I will put everything back. Two marks on the external side when I tried to remove the PCB.
All e-switch components removed, I will try to solder something on it to pull it out.

Retaining ring :

yikes, that seems pretty difficult. i’ll wait for Jack to respond and hopefully it can be fixed that route.

Pictures taken after I removed the PCB.

I first tried to solder a copper wire to PCB’s copper traces but traces weren’t big enough to hold the wire when I tried to pull it off.

Then I drilled a hole, made a short hook on the copper wire and the PCB went off easily. I should have started with this instead of trying to lever it up with a precison screwdriver which left marks on the external side of the e-switch wall.

I’m not happy with my messy work leaving marks to the copper.

Hot glue is your friend when trying to remove things like this. Makes a great attachment for pulling while remaining removeable.

I just came back from holidays this last monday to find my FF E07 Cu/Ti waiting for me. All primary, secondary and switch LEDs seem fine, as is everything else. Unforcunately, the the light came with the Cu bezel instead of the Ti, as pictured. I emailed FireFlies on the email mentioned in their website and got a response the same day, saying they will send the correct bezel to me. So, overall, happy with the light and the service, and I will be happy with how it looks once I put the proper bezel on.

BTW, is it normal that 2 of the 4 LEDs on the switch go out when I turn the light on?

That’s normal.

Thanks for letting me know. I have to read through the manual, but I am too busy softing everything out at work after I have been on vacation for 4 weeks.

I sent a similar email on the 20th, and haven’t received a response yet. I tried again just now.

Probably got lost in his mailbox with all that is going on. Hopefully I’ll get an answer this time. Previously, he was quite responsive (within a day or so).

Hm yeah so one of my copper e07 came with a non-working switch LED. Been emailing over the last week and a half or so, but getting no response after he wrote that Vinh could fix it. I actually wrote to Vinh to see how much he would charge to fix a switch LED, but he said it wasn’t something he would want to do because it may damage the light taking the switch bezel out.

I guess i’m out of luck at this point??? i don’t know.

Be patient, he will make good.

just updated : last week i get response from jack about one of my led switch not working

he said he will send me a replacement head. and yesterday i get tracking number. i will update if the replacement head arrived.

tips: i able to contact him via facebook messenger. via email no rsponse.

Hi there,

i have the same isue, the copper e07 came with a non-working switch LED. But it doesnt matter.

The other problem: I ordered two e07 flashlights.(Two sepereat orders) they do co-shipped the orders.

But only one box with only one flashlight arrived. On my emails no answer (Two weeks)!

How can I reach him on facebook?

Best Regards

I like it standard, so I want two CU Titanium Limited.I’m worried about the poor response to the problem … :weary:

I don’t believe that the coupon is valid any more… they seemed to have been sold out for a while, but I looked yesterday and it looks like you could order one from their site (without a discount). I love the one I got.

The only issue I had was that the bezel didn’t match the picture on their site (got a Cu/Ti and it had a copper colored bezel instead of titanium). I emailed Jacky and didn’t get a response for several weeks. I PM’d FireFlies on here and “Jack” got back to me in hours. He quickly shipped the right bezel, and I expect it to arrive in a week or two.

I think it really is a nice light, and I love the look. They seem to be happy to resolve any issues once you get their attention. I think they’ve been busy working on two new/updated designs scheduled to be released this month from what their website says, so maybe that contributed to the communication issues.