Fireflies offering Facemasks and N95 Respirators

Yep, yesterday! They look good to me - typical surgical mask in blue, w/ear loops. Wore one this morn. All 50 came in one box, inside in 1 bag, as expected.

Only downside is there's no stiff metal on the top, like shown in the pic, so it doesn't fit tight around the nose. Vertically though, they are pretty long - they have folds, and can be opened up.

Updated: Does have a bendable tab woven inside the top edge!

Thank you! Not even something to mold the nose part? The ones I got from CVS got like a plastic or thick paper material on the nose to mold it.

Oops! My mistake! There is a bendable tab woven inside the material on the top edge! Just realized it was there!!

The stretchy cords around your ears are pretty comfortable on these. I've heard complaints about others, but I have no experience whatsoever with other types.

I appreciate those of you who have taken a chance on these orders, and the feedback you’re giving us.

I received my DHL order yesterday. Once they were shipped DHL got them here pretty quick. I think it took 6 days. I’m still waiting on some AliExpress masks I ordered at least a week before these ones.

I got a “details about your shipment” email from PayPal with a DHL tracking number on 4-9-20 and received the package on 4-14-20. So it actually only took 5 days once he mailed it.
DHL sent me a text the day before and morning of the delivery asking for authorization to drop off the package without a signature. Luckily we were home because I didn’t read the text in time to give the authorization. Don’t worry he’ll come through. I bought from him many times. He’s a trusted seller.

I got the Cooper KN 95 masks today.

Thanks Jack!

Mine just cleared customs this morning. Hopefully they will get here soon. Tracking says it arrives on Monday next week. But hopefully I will get it sooner.

Well I just got my order, much faster than expected. The box from DHL is very small, that was my first red flag. I oppened it and this is someone else order for sure… Its not the things I ordered…. :person_facepalming:

I am not surprised . In their haste to make a few bucks on the pandemic they mixed up the orders .

I ordered 100 masks I got 98. But all of my mask were KN95s . I got 48 KN95s and 50 surgical masks…

UPDATE: Jack says he is sending the correct Cooper mask ASAP.

DHL sent me a text two days ago asking for £4.59 in tax. I paid it. Package arrived in Leipzig yesterday. Due to arrive here in North Wales early next week.

I got exactly what I ordered fairly quickly. Just ordered more , but this time on the slow boat. :+1:

UPDATE: no sign of my mask yet. Jack said that DHL has returned all mask sent after April 11 and that he can only ship using slow shipping now…

Whaaaaa. That stinks. I got mine DHL and just ordered some more hoping for quick shipment. Oh well.

Mine departed Hong Kong on April 16 and were delivered here on the 20th. I really like the Cooper mask.

Jack should stock a bunch at his US warehouse

Its now on the FF website: Update: DHL discountinued Masks shipping. There is an expensive way to send masks by DHL special way, We have to increase the DHL cost from 20usd to 50usd. We recommend the Free registered shipping if it’s not too emergent.

Okay. I am having one problem with this whole situation and the shipping. I am a little disappointed that I put an order in about a week ago and have yet to get a shipping notification or a change of status or a response to any of my emails to Jackie a week later.

HEPA material can be very thin. 3M N95s have 4 layers. The outside layers plus 2 internal filter layers.
N95 What’s inside:

The melted seam on the outside of the mask seems to indicate that there is more than one layer.
The melted parts indicate polypropylene (we hope) which is what the N95s are made of.

What bothers me is what appears to be the nose wire area sewn through the mask material.
If that stitching goes through the whole mask - unfiltered air can pass through the needle holes.

You could cut the ear loops and add some elastic or rubber-bands to strap it around your head.
I hate the ear loops too. Too much irritating for a fat headed guy like me.
All the Best,
Jeff