Flashlight Photography -an artistic approach!

!!

!!

Really liking the first shot, great colour and composition!

Did you pay extra for the cock roach or was it a stow-away? :smiley:

I thought the cockroach was a battery shim to solve rattle issues :wink:

Absolutely beautiful pictures guys! This is now my favorite thread.

Guys, the cockroach joined the frame for 2 reasons. The roach complements the color and emphasizes the role of the Rook. No bug can hide from a Fandy Fire Rook 8)

The roach, unfortunately, was not a stow-away, i had to pay for her trip, by plane and registered! At least it was an one way ticket :slight_smile:

Thanks ff, hope it brings us all luck :slight_smile:

!!

NOTE TO ALL FLASHAHOLICS
During this shoot, no flashlight was harmed. The accident however was real.

Beautiful capture of a generation (may be two) gap!!

inpired from Tecmo :slight_smile:

!!

Could this be count as an art? 8)

Whatever can rest on a tripod, creates art :slight_smile:

I simply adore vintage flashlights!!!

!!

The rare mini Toshiba p-50 flashlight with its original battery which is barely alive , but still alive!!

!!

I just love the bokeh your camera and lens creates.

Nicely put Xiotis, you know your stuff it would seem. But for one thing, and I ask you, why don’t the manufacturers make the manual focus ring with a much larger actual range to ensure focus accuracy? For example, if the range of the focus ring was 270º then it would be very easy to fine tune the image to perfection, but alas the range of my 100mm 2.8L IS Macro is only about 125º! Of course, if using it for Macro imagery then the focus ring is not actually used at all but set to 1:1 and the camera itself is moved to get the point of focus where desired.

I’d hoped to have my new MagLight head today from ChicagoX, but realized the mail is not running due to the holiday. So whoever dropped the ball on not getting it here on the 19th as projected has cost me a few days!

I’ll share this one of the XM-L U2 in lieu of something newer, and will get some new ones tomorrow :slight_smile:

!!

I totally agree with you and i thought that first class macro lenses would have more than 125d focus range ring. Seems is not the case.At least the ring is much smoother and the glass…perfect!
I have suggested to …Nikon(!) to include in a future macro lens a second focusing ring to accommodate the special needs of a 1:1 macro exposure. Focusing rail tripods is not the solution…

Nice shot of the XL-U2 led, by the way :slight_smile: